PDA

View Full Version : Allison 6speed Range inhibit after DVT

GMPX
May 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hi All,

I think the problem some were seeing was because the TAP's were not getting preset once cleared.
I have made a change to the Reset / Preset of the TAP's in the DVT panel.

There is now four options on the first row.
Clear all three TAP options first, then do the Preset all TAP Cells option.

This procedure is exactly the same as what TechII does (I logged it).

Save the attached file in to the folder -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

When you next select the 6 speed Allison DVT option you should see the new Preset TAP's option.

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
May 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Ross, will this hel the problems I was having? I got "Shift range inhibited" with DVT just enabled, and only using TCC Clutch lock/unlock. Never touched the TAPs options.

JoshH
May 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks Ross, I'll give it a try.

GMPX
May 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Ross, will this hel the problems I was having? I got "Shift range inhibited" with DVT just enabled, and only using TCC Clutch lock/unlock. Never touched the TAPs options.

Umm, probably not, sorry if you Emailed me or posted about this but I wasn't aware of this situation.

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
May 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ross, I didn't e-mail you about it, but I did post about it here (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=69350&postcount=10). Is there anything I can do or log to help you figure out what's going on?

Acoombs
May 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I haven't had anymore problems w/ mine when resetting taps or using the other new features

JoshH
May 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Well, I think there are still a few bugs in the 6 speed DVT. If you have the DVT enabled it seems to work fine. Then when you deactivate it it drops into neutral, bangs real hard, and throws up a "Shift Range Inhibited" message on the DIC.

Also, I was at the Diesel Power Challenge with IdahoRob this week. We were using the DVT feature on EFILive to lock the converter and hold the truck in 5th gear. We started the dyno pull at around 1500 RPM. It got up to somewhere around 2500 and all of a sudden it jumped into neutral and the "Shift Range Inhibited" message popped up again.

I'm also still having the reverse issue when my trans is warm, but I'm not 100% sure that is because of DVT.

JoshH
May 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Well, I think there are still a few bugs in the 6 speed DVT. If you have the DVT enabled it seems to work fine. Then when you deactivate it it drops into neutral, bangs real hard, and throws up a "Shift Range Inhibited" message on the DIC.

Also, I was at the Diesel Power Challenge with IdahoRob this week. We were using the DVT feature on EFILive to lock the converter and hold the truck in 5th gear. We started the dyno pull at around 1500 RPM. It got up to somewhere around 2500 and all of a sudden it jumped into neutral and the "Shift Range Inhibited" message popped up again.

I'm also still having the reverse issue when my trans is warm, but I'm not 100% sure that is because of DVT.Okay, the reverse issue is figured out; it had nothing to do with EFI. On the other hand, the other issues mentioned do need to be addressed. I did a test with the converter lock and gear hold, and I had the same issue I mentioned that Rob had. It also still does the weird bang thing/Range Shift Inhibited when deactivated.

joecar
May 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Okay, the reverse issue is figured out; it had nothing to do with EFI. On the other hand, the other issues mentioned do need to be addressed. I did a test with the converter lock and gear hold, and I had the same issue I mentioned that Rob had. It also still does the weird bang thing/Range Shift Inhibited when deactivated.Hi Josh, what was causing the reverse issue...?

JoshH
May 9th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Josh, what was causing the reverse issue...?

It was a problem with the Reverse Pressure Switch leaking.

JoshH
May 11th, 2008, 04:22 AM

Do you guys have any idea about what's going on here? Is there anything I can do to help get it figured out?

GMPX
May 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Josh, just by chance when you deactivate the bi-di controls, are any of the overrides still enabled? I'm just trying to get my head around a possible process error, in other words if you deactivate the bi-di controls before disabling the individual control this might cause a problem (it shouldn't, but who knows!). If that is actually the cause then we need to address that to happen automatically.
Meanwhile I will endeavour to get a number of the PID's in the scantool that will help show us why the shift inhibit came up. Also, thanks for your assistance and patience on getting the DVT's working for the 6 speed. I always seems so odd that some trucks seems to play nice whilst others don't. Just out of interest, have you used a TechII for bi-di on the truck recently?

Cheers,
Ross

JoshH
May 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Josh, just by chance when you deactivate the bi-di controls, are any of the overrides still enabled? I'm just trying to get my head around a possible process error, in other words if you deactivate the bi-di controls before disabling the individual control this might cause a problem (it shouldn't, but who knows!). If that is actually the cause then we need to address that to happen automatically.Nope, I disabled each individual control, and then disabled the whole thing (the enable/disable buttons next to the drop down menu).

Meanwhile I will endeavour to get a number of the PID's in the scantool that will help show us why the shift inhibit came up. Also, thanks for your assistance and patience on getting the DVT's working for the 6 speed. I always seems so odd that some trucks seems to play nice whilst others don't. Just out of interest, have you used a TechII for bi-di on the truck recently?

Cheers,
RossNope, no Tech II hooked up to my truck for a while. I'll keep an eye on everything to see when you get a new update out. Thanks.

bballer182
May 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hey this was happening to me too. I tried this in 4th gear with the tcc locked and just about the same rpm range it popped out into neutral with the DIC message.