PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging beta update: May 06, 2008

Blacky
May 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
IMPORTANT
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO,
YOU MUST UPDATE FLASHSCAN'S BOOT BLOCK TO V2.05.08(0426)
BEFORE
YOU ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE TO V2.05.16 OR LATER.

Under no circumstances should you attempt to use boot block V2.05.06 (released March 26, 2008).
See this link for more info on what is wrong with V2.05.06
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7804

Download here: http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_May_06_2008.zip (19Mb)
This download includes and supersedes all previous BBL beta downloads.

The Readme_First.pdf file included in the zip file has not been updated, except to reflect the new version numbers.

The FlashScan AutoCal V2.5 Release Notes _beta_.pdf file has some important "Known Issues" documented for EFILive_Explorer.exe. Please read them.

The FlashScan AutoCal V2.5 Quick Reference _beta_.pdf file has been updated to reflect the new "System Readiness Tests Status" option.

Make sure you update your FlashScan (and/or AutoCal) firmware and boot block using the latest *.ffw files from the \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\ folder.

For those of you waiting for the AutoCal beta test firmware, I have been waiting for the boot block and firmware to be stable. I am confident the firmware is now stable and I will be releasing the AutoCal boot block and firmware in the next update.

Note: To all AuotCal beta testers, I have not shipped the updated AutoCal units yet. I expect to ship them this week, now that the boot block is stable.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Glad the VIN licenses on the V2 work properly now, but still in the Tune tools' FS V2 Licensing window the flash counters are still flipped...

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Glad the VIN licenses on the V2 work properly now, but still in the Tune tools' FS V2 Licensing window the flash counters are still flipped...

Ahhhh that is annoying, I originally noticed they were back to front, so I swapped them around. Then I got a report that said they were back to front, so I just assumed I had got it wrong and so I swapped them back again.
I will get it right next time...

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
May 6th, 2008, 08:43 AM
V2 got tthe right VIN but wrong OS (19980200). My car has OS 19980400, however I was able to log DMA PIDs. :banana:

I've attached a trace file in case you want to look at it. I realize that it is not a problem now as logging works, but I was wondering about down the line when reading and writing is implemented.

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
V2 got tthe right VIN but wrong OS (19980200). My car has OS 19980400, however I was able to log DMA PIDs. :banana:

I've attached a trace file in case you want to look at it. I realize that it is not a problem now as logging works, but I was wondering about down the line when reading and writing is implemented.

This explains why:
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=69565&postcount=28

However, some DMA PIDs will be wrong because of the OS mismatch.

The following PIDs will not return correct results for you PCM:

GM.LTFT_DMA
GM.EST_BASE_DMA
GM.EST_ECT_DMA
GM.EST_EGR_DMA
GM.EST_IAT_DMA
GM.EST_CAT_DMA
GM.EST_EQR_DMA
GM.EST_SMT_DMA
GM.EST_IDLE_DMA
GM.EST_TRQ_DMA
GM.EST_KRB_DMA
GM.EST_CRANK_DMA
GM.EST_RUN_DMA
GM.IAC_STD_DMA
GM.IAC_STPN_DMA
GM.IAC_STDAC_DMA
GM.IAC_STPNAC_DMA
GM.IAC_FRICTION_DMA
GM.IAC_TC_DMA
GM.IAC_TF_DMA
GM.IAC_OT_DMA
GM.IAC_PARK_DMA
GM.IAC_WD_DMA
GM.IAC_WPN_DMA
GM.IAC_DFCO_DMA
GM.IAC_FAN_DMA
GM.IAC_CATL_DMA
GM.IAC_AC_DMA
GM.CYLAIR_DMA
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMAThe following PIDs will return correct results for your PCM:

GM.LTFT_RPM_DMA
GM.LTFT_MAP_DMA
GM.TRANS_DMA
GM.VSSLIMIT_DMA
GM.FAN1ON_DMA
GM.FAN1OFF_DMA
GM.FAN2ON_DMA
GM.FAN2OFF_DMA
GM.FANTYPE_DMA
GM.4WD_DMA
GM.IAC_LTD_DMA
GM.IAC_LTPN_DMAWe are working on a solution...

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
May 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I will make sure I only log the ones that will log correct data. I assume that none DMA PIDs are okay.

Will the DMA PIDs that are incorrect for my car be okay for a friend's car that is OS 19980200 or is the problem with all 1998 C5's?

Wolfie
May 6th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I,m sure I missed it somewhere else, but...
Is there a pid for the plx serial when logging via computer?

ScarabEpic22
May 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Ahhhh that is annoying, I originally noticed they were back to front, so I swapped them around. Then I got a report that said they were back to front, so I just assumed I had got it wrong and so I swapped them back again.
I will get it right next time...

Regards
Paul

Whatever, I dont really mind as its not a HUGE thing. Just something Ive noticed and this is a beta testing period, right?:banana:

Cougar281
May 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Don't know if you meant it, but it looks like my BRFRP and BRFPR PSLs for the LB7 where left in. :)

Kevin Doe
May 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I missed the last two updates. Someone with a 99+ LS1 Manual using this update? Everything still working, DMA pids and all?

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Whatever, I dont really mind as its not a HUGE thing. Just something Ive noticed and this is a beta testing period, right?:banana:

Correct, it should be done right and beta testing is the right time to do it right.
Paul

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I will make sure I only log the ones that will log correct data. I assume that none DMA PIDs are okay.

Yes.

Will the DMA PIDs that are incorrect for my car be okay for a friend's car that is OS 19980200 or is the problem with all 1998 C5's?

If, after you read the *.tun file form the PCM, the tuning tool shows 19980200, then the DMA PIDs will be ok.

If, after you read the *.tun file form the PCM, the tuning tool shows 19980400, then the DMA PIDs will NOT be ok.

In both cases, the Scan Tool will show the OS to be 19980200. The problem is the EFILive Scan Tool can't (yet!) identify the 19980400 operating system without reading out the PCM contents - so it incorrectly assumes it is a 19980200 OS and the DMA PIDs defined for a 19980200 OS won't match your 19980400 OS.

We are working on a fix...

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I,m sure I missed it somewhere else, but...
Is there a pid for the plx serial when logging via computer?

ALL serial wideband controllers report their AFR and Lambda via the same PIDs:

EXT.WO2ST1 F408 SED-16-900 . External "External Wideband Sensor State"
EXT.WO2ST2 F409 SED-16-900 . External "External Wideband Sensor State"
EXT.WO2LAM1 F40A UNM-16-913 "lambda" External "External Wideband Lambda"
EXT.WO2LAM2 F40B UNM-16-913 "lambda" External "External Wideband Lambda"
EXT.WO2AFR1 F40C UNM-16-914 "AFR" External "External Wideband AFR"
EXT.WO2AFR2 F40D UNM-16-914 "AFR" External "External Wideband AFR"

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Don't know if you meant it, but it looks like my BRFRP and BRFPR PSLs for the LB7 where left in. :)

Oops, sorry, I will put it back to how it should be :crash:.
I must learn not to run testing in the production system...:music_whistling_1:

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I missed the last two updates. Someone with a 99+ LS1 Manual using this update? Everything still working, DMA pids and all?

Should be fine on an LS1, the first line of testing has always been a trusty LS1. Although that will be changing as we are getting an E38, 6 speed, vehicle next week.

Regards
Paul

ringram
May 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Nice one Paul, same as me . LS3 or LS2?
The LS2 goes pretty well stock.

Kevin Doe
May 6th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Should be fine on an LS1, the first line of testing has always been a trusty LS1. Although that will be changing as we are getting an E38, 6 speed, vehicle next week.

Regards
Paul

I just confirmed it for a 2004 GTO PCM. All looks well!

Edit:
I did find a small bug when trying to set an alarm for a gauge in the scan tool. I clicked on the "..." button to select a sound to play for the alarm high.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Kevin_Doe/RX-7/EFILiveBug1.jpg

Here is what happens. The lower window is what pops up for me to select the .wav file I want to choose. It automatically comes up with *.wav as the file type. However there is nothing to choose. So I pulled up a windows explorer window (top window) and see that there are plenty of .wav files to choose from. To ensure they are a .wav file I pulled up the properties of one of the files. It is in face a .wav file.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Kevin_Doe/RX-7/EFILiveBug2.jpg

I am unable to choose a .wav file to use for the alarm sound. BUT, if I type the path and file in myself it works. In the screen shot below I manually typed in the path and file. And it works.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Kevin_Doe/RX-7/EFILiveBug3.jpg

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
In the open file dialog change the *.wav to *.* and it will show the files.
I must have missed that dialog box when converting the software over to be "vista compatible".
The dialog will also not automatically open in the "Sounds" folder, you'll need to navigate there manually, I'll fix that too.

Regards
Paul

Kevin Doe
May 7th, 2008, 12:05 AM
In the open file dialog change the *.wav to *.* and it will show the files.
I must have missed that dialog box when converting the software over to be "vista compatible".
The dialog will also not automatically open in the "Sounds" folder, you'll need to navigate there manually, I'll fix that too.

Regards
Paul

Paul, I am unable to chnage the dropdown box from "*.wav" to "*.*" or "all files". The dropdown box only contains "Wave Files (*.wav)". I even tried manually adding the .wav extension to the file name. That didn't work either.

lakingslayer
May 7th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Paul, I've tried the last two updates and I cannot get my V2 to recognize my truck for BBlogging. When I hit "Select PIDs" I get a message saying "None Loaded". I've reformatted the SD card and also used the "Format" button on the "config" tab. After I load all the config and .pmm files I check the used space for the internal memory and there is only 4K used. The SD memory says there is 20K used. The Beta release from April 26th worked fine.

All other features seem to work such as diagnostic codes and getting the VIN numbers.

Any clues? I'm going to re-format and try to install the firmware update again to see if that fixes anything.

lakingslayer
May 7th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I guess I just needed to talk out loud about this. After the post I thought about it and realized I didn't re-format the internal memory. Then I re-installed the firmware update. It worked after that. One thing is I re-formatted both the SD card and internal memory but the config files were still there. I thought they should have gotten erased. Anyway thanks for listening.

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Paul, I am unable to chnage the dropdown box from "*.wav" to "*.*" or "all files". The dropdown box only contains "Wave Files (*.wav)". I even tried manually adding the .wav extension to the file name. That didn't work either.

Where you type in the filename is the default text "*.wav", change that text to *.* and all files will show up.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I guess I just needed to talk out loud about this. After the post I thought about it and realized I didn't re-format the internal memory. Then I re-installed the firmware update. It worked after that. One thing is I re-formatted both the SD card and internal memory but the config files were still there. I thought they should have gotten erased. Anyway thanks for listening.

There are two internal memory file systems: "Config" and "Data".

You can only format the "Data" filesys from FLashScan's menu.
You can only format the "Config" filesys from EFILive_Explorer's [Config] tab page.

On tab pages: Scan, Tune and Config, is a button called [Properties]. That shows you the space on each of the file systems.
Note: Scan and Tune refer to the same file system (Data) and so will always be the same.

We made the config file system non-formatable without a PC because there is no point formatting it unless you can replace the config files and that requires a PC. It just stops you accidentally erasing the config file system while out in the field. While still allowing you to format the data file system if required.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Config space: formated from EE (under Config Files tab) as Paul said.

Data space:
- Internal: formated from V2 (first select internal option),
- External: formated from V2 (first select SD option).

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
LS1B_A connected to V2...

On V2:
- System readiness tests show readiness states, looks to be correct.
- Mode 6 says "Mode $06 not retrieved" (or similar), I take it it's not there yet.

Key off, no laptop: V2 detects 1 PCM.
Key off, laptop: V2 detects 2 PCM's (but there's only 1 PCM).

BTW: in system readiness tests, what is CCM (is this EVAP)...?

XLR8NSS
May 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I think I might have the same problem as before with BBL cutting off early with my E38. Morning trip was about 40 minutes and only got 5 minutes of logged data. Afternoon trip was probably 60 minutes and only got about 20 minutes of data.

I will investigate a little further tomorrow morning and post up more details. I wasn't thinking this morning/afternoon and did not get a trace file.

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM
LS1B_A connected to V2...
On V2:
- System readiness tests show readiness states, looks to be correct.
- Mode 6 says "Mode $06 not retrieved" (or similar), I take it it's not there yet.

Not implemented for VPW vehicles yet - only CAN so far.

Key off, no laptop: V2 detects 1 PCM.
Key off, laptop: V2 detects 2 PCM's (but there's only 1 PCM).

I have seen that and am trying to fix it...

BTW: in system readiness tests, what is CCM (is this EVAP)...?

MIS "Misfire Monitoring"
FUEL "Fuel System Monitoring"
CCM "Comprehensive Component Monitoring"
CAT "Catalyst"
HCAT "Heated Catalyst"
EVAP "Evaporative Purge System"
AIR "Secondary Air System"
ACRF "A/C System Refrigerant"
O2S "Oxygen Sensor"
HTR "Oxygen sensor Heater"
EGR "EGR System"

CCM: is a "catch all" for electronic systems not covered by the other 10 tests that can affect emissions. On most vehicles I've seen it is either not supported or always ready.

Regards
Paul

nevinsb
May 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Would it be possible to save active DTCs for a vehicle on the SD/internal memory?

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Would it be possible to save active DTCs for a vehicle on the SD/internal memory?

Yes, try this:
F2 Scan Tool -> F2 Diagnostics -> F4 Record All Diags.
That will create a text file called DTCxxxxx that you can copy to your PC and open/view with Notepad.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
May 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I think I might have the same problem as before with BBL cutting off early with my E38. Morning trip was about 40 minutes and only got 5 minutes of logged data. Afternoon trip was probably 60 minutes and only got about 20 minutes of data.

I will investigate a little further tomorrow morning and post up more details. I wasn't thinking this morning/afternoon and did not get a trace file.

X2.

I have a few logs that seem to just end mid stream.

I've also had times when the V2 will log fine, then other times it appears to go into "pause" mode ( left hand green LED flashing slowly ) but you can't take it out of pause mode. Sometimes the displayed data also seems to freeze when this occurs, but not always. Pressing the <cancel> key will terminate the logging session and save the file. When I check the log files in ScanTool, the file is only 2KB in size and only the meta-data appears in the log.

Simon.

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Can you email me the log files at paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread, thanks.
Paul

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Yes, try this:
That will create a text file called DTCxxxxx that you can copy to your PC and open/view with Notepad.

Regards
PaulHere's an example I pulled from my LS1B... it shows the states of the continuous/non-continous monitors (I xxx'd out my VIN).

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

Edit: I had the wrong attachment, now corrected.

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Paul,

You may have to post what all the characters in "M-PHX-CS" mean in regards to the state of a DTC.

Thanks,
Joe

swingtan
May 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
X2.

I have a few logs that seem to just end mid stream.

I've also had times when the V2 will log fine, then other times it appears to go into "pause" mode ( left hand green LED flashing slowly ) but you can't take it out of pause mode. Sometimes the displayed data also seems to freeze when this occurs, but not always. Pressing the <cancel> key will terminate the logging session and save the file. When I check the log files in ScanTool, the file is only 2KB in size and only the meta-data appears in the log.

Simon.

I have another update for this. I stated logging this afternoon and very quickly the V2 dropped into "pause" mode. I tried pressing the pause button a few time and found that if I held it down, it would drop out of pause mode and start to log, but go straight back to pause mode as soon as I let go.

I then reset the V2 and started logging again but some time down the road it again went into pause mode. Hitting <cancel> saved the log file, but it is just the first 2K of the meta-data.

Simon.

rcr1978
May 8th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I know that the main focus is DVT & Standalone logging but I found some weird things some have gone on for a while the first one is GM.EGR this is the actual position of the egr. When logging with the egr enabled I beleived it worked a long time ago. Now if I use it with the EGR tuned out it shows 100% all the time if it was actualy at 100% the truck would smoke real bad but all is well with the truck. The other ones are SAE.MAP and GM.MAP2 these don't read the same wich one is the best to use for reading boost? Usualy wich ones are better for logging also SAE. or GM. ?

Thanks

joecar
May 8th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Here's an example I pulled from my LS1B... it shows the states of the continuous/non-continous monitors (I xxx'd out my VIN).

Cheers
Joe

Edit: I had the wrong attachment, now corrected. Paul,

In the file attached to that post, the freeze frame data contains this entry: $119E=$8B

Blacky
May 8th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Paul,

In the file attached to that post, the freeze frame data contains this entry: $119E=$8B

The values that show up like that in the freeze frames are just data items in the freeze frame that we have not defined yet. We'll get there :)

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 8th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Paul,

You may have to post what all the characters in "M-PHX-CS" mean in regards to the state of a DTC.

Thanks,
Joe

S: Supported DTC is supported on this vehicle.
C: Current DTC is currently set.
N: Not Passed The test for this DTC has never passed since it was last cleared.
X: Failed The test for this DTC has failed at least once since it was last cleared.
H: Freeze frame Freeze frame data exists for this DTC.
P: Passed ign The test for this DTC has passed this ignition cycle.
F: Failed ign The test for this DTC has failed this ignition cycle.
M: MIL MIL is illuminated for this DTC.

Blacky
May 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I know that the main focus is DVT & Standalone logging but I found some weird things some have gone on for a while the first one is GM.EGR this is the actual position of the egr. When logging with the egr enabled I beleived it worked a long time ago. Now if I use it with the EGR tuned out it shows 100% all the time if it was actualy at 100% the truck would smoke real bad but all is well with the truck. The other ones are SAE.MAP and GM.MAP2 these don't read the same wich one is the best to use for reading boost? Usualy wich ones are better for logging also SAE. or GM. ?

Thanks

I'll check the GM.EGR PID. Which vehicle/controller are you logging?

I would always use the SAE PIDs where possible. They must be provided in a defined manner by the manufacturers by law. They will usually be the most reliable PIDs.

Regards
Paul

XLR8NSS
May 8th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Can you email me the log files at paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread, thanks.
Paul

Trace and log file sent! :cheers:

rcr1978
May 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'll check the GM.EGR PID. Which vehicle/controller are you logging?

I would always use the SAE PIDs where possible. They must be provided in a defined manner by the manufacturers by law. They will usually be the most reliable PIDs.

Regards
Paul

LMM OS 12617103

The GM.MAP2 matches my boost table and the SAE.MAP is nowhere even close.

Thanks
Robert

02Z06
May 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I just updated to the latest firmware for FS (5/06) and I see that the E38 PID EQ RAT is not in there. Instead there is AFRATIO_M. I need to log some sort of commanded AFR and this PID is shown on FS as unsupported. Is there a way to get EQ RATIO back on the List or a way to get support for AFRATIO_M?

Thanks, Jim

Blacky
May 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I just updated to the latest firmware for FS (5/06) and I see that the E38 PID EQ RAT is not in there. Instead there is AFRATIO_M. I need to log some sort of commanded AFR and this PID is shown on FS as unsupported. Is there a way to get EQ RATIO back on the List or a way to get support for AFRATIO_M?

Thanks, Jim

The support/non-support of _M PIDs (DAM PIDs) is base don operating system number. What is the operating system number of your E38? If the AFRATIO PID is not supported for your OS, we'll get it added asap.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 04:16 AM

Yes, try this:
That will create a text file called DTCxxxxx that you can copy to your PC and open/view with Notepad.Here's an example I pulled from my LS1B... it shows the states of the continuous/non-continous monitors (I xxx'd out my VIN).Paul,

Will Mode $06 data be included in the file saved by F4 Record All Diags...?

Cheers
Joe

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 04:22 AM
V2 inverse video works great in bright sunlight... :cheers:
Is there a way to toggle this with a key/hotkey without having to go into settings to toggle it...?
(As I'm driving I'm passing from sunlight to shade and back again several times).

V2 power down mode seems to work (key off, wait for set time, V2 turns off LCD)...
but when turning key on, V2 stays powered down until button pressed.

I noticed that if you turn key off during a log, and then turn key on, V2 displays the pid labels with no values (i.e. value fields are blank).

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
The support/non-support of _M PIDs (DAM PIDs) is base don operating system number. What is the operating system number of your E38? If the AFRATIO PID is not supported for your OS, we'll get it added asap.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,

My E38 OS is 12612281. (08 Z06 ). Thanks for the help.

thunder550
May 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Just did this update...running Vista. Now when I try to close EFILive Explorer I get an error - Cannot create file "c:\program files\EFILive\EFILive_Hapi\EFILive_Explorer.ini". Access is denied.

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Paul,

Will Mode $06 data be included in the file saved by F4 Record All Diags...?

Cheers
Joe

Yes, CAN mode $06 is currently included, albeit with the signed/unsigned bug still causing issues for some MID/TID combos.
VPW Mode $06 will be added in one of the next updates.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
V2 inverse video works great in bright sunlight... :cheers:
Is there a way to toggle this with a key/hotkey without having to go into settings to toggle it...?
(As I'm driving I'm passing from sunlight to shade and back again several times).

Good idea, but I'm running out of hotkeys... I'll see what I can do.

V2 power down mode seems to work (key off, wait for set time, V2 turns off LCD)...
but when turning key on, V2 stays powered down until button pressed.
Power down mode can only be exited by keypad input or USB coms. It can't be exited from CAN or VPW messages because in power down mode FlashScan disconnects itself from the CAN or VPW bus.

I noticed that if you turn key off during a log, and then turn key on, V2 displays the pid labels with no values (i.e. value fields are blank).

I will investigate.

Paul

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Just did this update...running Vista. Now when I try to close EFILive Explorer I get an error - Cannot create file "c:\program files\EFILive\EFILive_Hapi\EFILive_Explorer.ini". Access is denied.

Try deleting that file.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Paul,

My E38 OS is 12612281. (08 Z06 ). Thanks for the help.

GM.AFRATIO_M is fully supported for your operating system. You should try re-validating the PIDs against your vehicle to make EFILive validate any new PID names that it has not seen (or validated) before.

Regards
Paul

dfe1
May 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Have the TPS position issues with E38/E67 processors been resolved? I find that in both bbl and when using V2 in pass-through that max indicated TPS is 80-88%

swingtan
May 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Have the TPS position issues with E38/E67 processors been resolved? I find that in both bbl and when using V2 in pass-through that max indicated TPS is 80-88%

Are you logging GM.ETCTP or GM.TP? For the E38's here is Aus, you must log using GM.ETCTP for it to actually indicate throttle %. GM.TP will give a reading, but it will be a % of the 5v signal for the fly by wire system. GM.TP will max out at 80%

Simon.

TFZ_Z06
May 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I found this post and multiple links confusing. Tell me if this looks correct:

Download and overwrite current data in following order:
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_March_26_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_April_14_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_April_26_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_May_06_2008.zip

Press CTRL on V2 device, then plug in USB Cable.
Write Firmware Using V8/EFILive_Explorer.exe->>Downloaded from May 06 2008 Update
v2.4.72

Using Same, update to
2.5.8 BootBlock

Using Same, update to
2.5.17 (506)

Refresh Indicates 2.5.8 Bootblock and 2.5.17 (506) firmware. I hope this works.

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I found this post and multiple links confusing. Tell me if this looks correct:

Download and overwrite current data in following order:
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_March_26_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_April_14_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_April_26_2008.zip
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_May_06_2008.zip

Press CTRL on V2 device, then plug in USB Cable.
Write Firmware Using V8/EFILive_Explorer.exe->>Downloaded from May 06 2008 Update
v2.4.72

Using Same, update to
2.5.8 BootBlock

Using Same, update to
2.5.17 (506)

Refresh Indicates 2.5.8 Bootblock and 2.5.17 (506) firmware. I hope this works.

Yes, that's right, but just to clarify the FlashScan update process:

1. Update firmware to V7.4.72 using FlashScan Firmware programmer.
2. Use the menu option in FlashScan to upgrade boot block to V2.05.08
3. FlashSCan will stay in dead poll (two flashing orange LEDs) until new V2.05.xx firmware is programmed.
4. Use EFILive_Explorer.exe (downloaded as part of the BBL download) to reprogram the V2.05.17(0506) firmware.

That should be all you need to do.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM
After installing Bootblock V2.05.08 and the latest firmware I logged a test session (E38 ECM). I moved the logfile in explorer to (logged Data) in V 7.5.3 and I get a pop-up(in the scan tool) that says the file needs to be opened with 7.5 or later ( thats what I am using) any idea what this is?
I have included the log file I cannot open.

Thanks, Jim

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM
After installing Bootblock V2.05.08 and the latest firmware I logged a test session (E38 ECM). I moved the logfile in explorer to (logged Data) in V 7.5.3 and I get a pop-up(in the scan tool) that says the file needs to be opened with 7.5 or later ( thats what I am using) any idea what this is?
I have included the log file I cannot open.

Thanks, Jim

The error message is wrong, it should say you need to use V7.5.4 or later, not just 7.5 or later.

To update your EFILive software to V7.5.4, you need to extract ALL the files in the BBL download zip file into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (overwrite existing files).

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 09:48 PM
The error message is wrong, it should say you need to use V7.5.4 or later, not just 7.5 or later.

To update your EFILive software to V7.5.4, you need to extract ALL the files in the BBL download zip file into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (overwrite existing files).

Regards
Paul
Thanks Paul,

That fixed the problem reading the log files. I must have missed the update to 7.5.4.

Jim

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
GM.AFRATIO_M is fully supported for your operating system. You should try re-validating the PIDs against your vehicle to make EFILive validate any new PID names that it has not seen (or validated) before.

Regards
Paul
In the E38 config. file the PID is shown as( ECM, AFR_B|AFRATIO_M ) could this be the reason that V2 said to Deselect it?

swingtan
May 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
When logging Commanded AFR for my E38, I use the following line in the options.ini file....

ECM, AFRATIO_M

This works for me.

Simon

Blacky
May 9th, 2008, 10:38 PM
In the E38 config. file the PID is shown as( ECM, AFR_B|AFRATIO_M ) could this be the reason that V2 said to Deselect it?

I would be interested to know your results if you removed the AFR_B| and just had ECM,AFRATIO_M.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I would be interested to know your results if you removed the AFR_B| and just had ECM,AFRATIO_M.

Regards
Paul
I will edit the config. file and give that a try.

02Z06
May 9th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Regards
Paul
I just re-configured the V2 with the AFRATIO_M Pid and it still says de-select this Pid.

XLR8NSS
May 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Are you logging GM.ETCTP or GM.TP? For the E38's here is Aus, you must log using GM.ETCTP for it to actually indicate throttle %. GM.TP will give a reading, but it will be a % of the 5v signal for the fly by wire system. GM.TP will max out at 80%

Simon.

I was having the same problem logging GM.TP. I changed to GM.ETCTP and now see the correct TPS reading on my E38.

Thanks for the tip.

TFZ_Z06
May 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Just wanted to report in. I have upgraded FlashScanV2 and tested a PCM READ and SCANNING. Everything seems to work flawless.

dfe1
May 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Simon.
Thanks. That's probably the problem. I'll try it next time I data log an E38.

TFZ_Z06
May 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Well, guess I was wrong. The scanner will not log O2 sensor voltages.
Any ideas?

swingtan
May 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Any ideas?

Try reading the PID description files in

EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\Pid Descriptions

These files list all the supported PIDs and their descriptions for each controller. All you need to do is select the required PID's and enter them correctly into the options.ini file, then copy the options.ini file to the V2 unit.

For example, to log O2 sensor voltages in the E38, add these lines...

ECM, O2S11V
ECM, O2S21V

Remember to watch your channel count when adding additional PIDs.

Simon.

thunder550
May 11th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Try deleting that file.
Regards
Paul

Deleted it and still getting the same error.

Cougar281
May 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but if I clear DTCs on my LLY, I get an Error $0281 again.

joecar
May 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Any ideas?
Is this on your 2002 LS1/LS6...?

Did you select the LS1B_x pids...?

In your Option.ini file, for your selected pid list, does the channel count add up to 24 or less...?

Does the V2 display voltages for H02Snn...?

In the scantool, when viewing those BBL logs, have you entered your VIN and OS ID...?

Save your Options.in file somewhere safe, and try my options.ini...

Cheers
Joe

TFZ_Z06
May 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Try reading the PID description files in

EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\Pid Descriptions

These files list all the supported PIDs and their descriptions for each controller. All you need to do is select the required PID's and enter them correctly into the options.ini file, then copy the options.ini file to the V2 unit.

For example, to log O2 sensor voltages in the E38, add these lines...

ECM, O2S11V
ECM, O2S21V

Remember to watch your channel count when adding additional PIDs.

Simon.

Got it fixed up. Just ran a 1 hour test of scanning w/bb. Thanks.

joecar
May 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Cool... "I love it when a plan comes together..." :cheers:

TFZ_Z06
May 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Cool... "I love it when a plan comes together..." :cheers:

by thew way, I used your options file and modfied to taste for my car...
whats the best way to retrieve data? Use an SD card and the explorer to read it back??

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I just re-configured the V2 with the AFRATIO_M Pid and it still says de-select this Pid.

Are you sure, you've copied the latest *.pmm files from the downloaded/extracted zip file to the [Config] tab page in EFILive_Explorer?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but if I clear DTCs on my LLY, I get an Error $0281 again.

After deleting codes, can you save the trace file and email it to me at paul@efilive.com. The trace file option is in the scan tool options menu on FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Are you sure, you've copied the latest *.pmm files from the downloaded/extracted zip file to the [Config] tab page in EFILive_Explorer?

Regards
Paul
This is the file I used: http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...ay_06_2008.zip (http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...ay_06_2008.zip)

Jim

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Deleted it and still getting the same error.

Exit from all EFILive software.

1. Run regedit
On XP click start->Run, enter regedit and click ok.
On Vista, click start, enter regedit into the search box (just above the start button) and click on the regedit link that appears.

2. Locate the key
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7\Properties \Dir
or
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir
depending on whether you are running V7.4 or V7.5

3. Delete the Dir key and all its subkeys.

4. Restart the scan tool.

Deleting that key will clear all "known" EFILive folder locations. The next time EFILive is started it will figure out the correct folder names - assuming the software is installed correctly.

If that does not work, uninstall the software, delete the registry key:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5 (or V7)
That will reset ALL EFILive's settings.

Note: uninstalling and re-installing the software does not reset the registry information. That is why I suggested doing it manually.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
whats the best way to retrieve data? Use an SD card and the explorer to read it back??

Yes, that's good.

It is even faster if your PC has a card reader and you plug the SD card into your PC and extract the files that way just using Windows Explorer (instead of EFILive_Explorer).

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 11th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Regards
Paul
Just double- checked the .pmm files. The Config. tab page shows they were all created 5-03-08 @ 8:57PM. I assume these are the latest?

joecar
May 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM
whats the best way to retrieve data? Use an SD card and the explorer to read it back??That's exactly what I do...

I log to the SD card and I read it back with EE... :good:

I have multiple laptops/PCs so I only delete the log files from V2 when I know all laptops/PCs are sync'd up.

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Just double- checked the .pmm files. The Config. tab page shows they were all created 5-03-08 @ 8:57PM. I assume these are the latest?

After you get the "non-supported" error, please save a trace file and send it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a note saying why you are sending the trace file.

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
After you get the "non-supported" error, please save a trace file and send it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a note saying why you are sending the trace file.

Regards
Paul
Paul,

I might be missing something here. The error shows on V2 (de-select AFRATIO_M) when I go to "record". On the validated PIDS in the Scan tool (V7.5.4) AFRATIO_DMA shows supported.

Blacky
May 12th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Paul,

I might be missing something here. The error shows on V2 (de-select AFRATIO_M) when I go to "record". On the validated PIDS in the Scan tool (V7.5.4) AFRATIO_DMA shows supported.

All DMA PIDs were renamed from *_DMA to *_M.

When you load in a BBL file contining the *_M names, EFILive converts the PID names to *_DMA so that the Scan Tool software can understand them.

I still don't know why your FlashSCan is saying AFRATIO_M is unsupported.
Have you sent me the trace file yet?

Regards
Paul

02Z06
May 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
All DMA PIDs were renamed from *_DMA to *_M.

When you load in a BBL file contining the *_M names, EFILive converts the PID names to *_DMA so that the Scan Tool software can understand them.

I still don't know why your FlashSCan is saying AFRATIO_M is unsupported.
Have you sent me the trace file yet?

Regards
Paul
Just sent the efx trace file

Cougar281
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
After deleting codes, can you save the trace file and email it to me at paul@efilive.com. The trace file option is in the scan tool options menu on FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

E-Mail sent a few hours ago.

JoshH
May 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
I just got a new laptop that runs Vista. I'm getting this same error. Is there a way to fix this? I can't close EFI Explorer unless I go into the Task Manager.

Blacky
May 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
It is possibly a permissions restriction in Vista.

Using windows explorer, locate the file:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Explorer.ini
or in versions prior to the May 12 update:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\EFILive_Explorer.ini

Right click the file and select properties.
Select the Security tab page.
Click [Edit] button.
Select the "Users" item.
Check the "Full control" checkbox.
Click [Ok].
Click [Ok].

You may also need to do that to EFILive_Hapi.ini file (in the same folde) as well.

Regards
Paul

JoshH
May 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Paul. That took care of it. I had made those changes, but not for my username. I hate Vista...