PDA

View Full Version : i need to got out of beta

nycblazer
May 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
i loaded the BB Logging beta update: April 26, 2008 and my fs dosent connect to my laptop anymore. i need to get out of beta. is it possible to get it back to its original state the way it came in the box from day one.

ringram
May 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sadly not.
Does it boot ok?
Did you upgrade the software in your laptop to the same level as the firmware?

nevinsb
May 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Is anything displayed on the screen of the V2?

It doesn't show up in the EFI-Live explorer?

Did you load new firmware after updating the bootloader?

nycblazer
May 7th, 2008, 05:10 AM
looking at some info in my fs heres what it says

firmware
ver: 2.05.16
date apr 14 2008

bb
ver:2.05.06
apr 7 2008

theres something wrong my laptop is not connecting to the fs.

who do i sent this fs too so they can reset it to day one. both vins are still unused.

nevinsb
May 7th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Update boot block from the EFI Live Explorer to FSBootV2_05_08(0426).efw before the new firmware will take. Make sure the bootloader box is checked.

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 05:40 AM

firmware
ver: 2.05.16
date apr 14 2008

bb
apr 7 2008

theres something wrong my laptop is not connecting to the fs.

who do i sent this fs too so they can reset it to day one. both vins are still unused.

Under no circumstances should you attempt to use boot block V2.05.06 (released March 26, 2008).
See this link for more info on what is wrong with V2.05.06
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7804

That might be the problem...

I'll pm tech support.

lakingslayer
May 7th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Once you've upgraded the boot block you cannot go back from what I understand. The bb on yours was not upgraded before you upgraded the firmware. That probably is your problem. There was an upgrade to bb on April 14 to 2.05.07. That was supposed to be done before updating the firmware.

Ira
May 7th, 2008, 06:11 AM
bb
apr 7 2008

Bootblock 06 is likely the problem. There is a thread somewhere about fixing a V2 with a hot water bottle, it's worked about 1/3 of the time so it's worth trying, otherwise, you get to send it to Paul or me to fix as there is no way to recover without the tools only we have.

Ira

nycblazer
May 7th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Bootblock 06 is likely the problem. There is a thread somewhere about fixing a V2 with a hot water bottle, it's worked about 1/3 of the time so it's worth trying, otherwise, you get to send it to Paul or me to fix as there is no way to recover without the tools only we have.

Ira

hello ira i did send it to you i'm the guy from new york.
i sent it to you with 2 orange flashing leds, now it got it back from you and it starts up fine but like i said on the previous post it has the bad boot file and my laptop is not connecting to it. i really wish i can just get it back to day one as i first bought it. it was much easier to use, and alot more support. i haven't even gotten to use none of my 2 vins yet, and its holding me back from my project. urrrrrrrrgh:unsure:

Ira
May 7th, 2008, 06:32 AM
hello ira i did send it to you i'm the guy from new york.
i sent it to you with 2 orange flashing leds, now it got it back from you and it starts up fine but like i said on the previous post it has the bad boot file and my laptop is not connecting to it. i really wish i can just get it back to day one as i first bought it. it was much easier to use, and alot more support. i haven't even gotten to use none of my 2 vins yet, and its holding me back from my project. urrrrrrrrgh:unsure:

It shouldn't leave here with 06, the whole point of sending it to me was to upgrade it to 07 or 08. Are you sure it's 06? With it turned on press F4 F3 F1 and scroll down to the BOOT Block section, what does it say for boot block and firmware?

Ira

Not to say I didn't goof, but that would be a really stupid one.

Can you also tell me the last 5 digits of your S/N?

nycblazer
May 7th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Flashscan Info
----------------------------
FIRMWARE
Ver: 2.05.16
Date: APR 14, 2008
-----------------------------
BOOT BLOCK
Ver: 2.05.06
Date: APR 07, 2008

Ira
May 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Please can you tell me the last few digits of your S/N?

Ira

nycblazer
May 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Flashscan Info
---------------------
FIRMWARE
Ver: 2.05.16
Date: APR 14, 2008
---------------------
BOOT BLOCK
Ver: 2.05.06
Date: APR 07, 2008
---------------------

nycblazer
May 7th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Please can you tell me the last few digits of your S/N?

Ira

pmed

nycblazer
May 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
ok i got it back on and its working after warming it up.
now i have
-----------------------------------
FIRMWARE
Ver: 2.05.17
Date: MAY 06, 2008
BOOT BLOCK
Ver: 2.05.08
Date: APR 25, 2008

but now i cant Load the FlashScan Firmware File:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw
when i open the update flashscan firmware its not reading it and it is in dead-poll mode

Ira
May 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM
From now on you need to use EFILive Explorer to talk to the FlashScan, you'll never need "update flashscan firmware" again.

Ira

ScarabEpic22
May 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
And thats the latest beta FW, never use and FW from the V7.5 folder anymore as it is not compatible with the BBL beta stuff.

nycblazer
May 9th, 2008, 12:59 AM
i was going by what the read me file said.

now how do i load or reflash my e67 ecm and i need to licence it, i still have 2 vins available.
i need to load a completly different operating system to the ecm. the one i need to load now is the 2007 cadilac cts-v 6 speed tune file. i have the file already but cant load it.

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 01:28 AM
ok i got it back on and its working after warming it up.
now i have
FIRMWARE
Ver: 2.05.17
Date: MAY 06, 2008
BOOT BLOCK
Ver: 2.05.08
Date: APR 25, 2008

but now i cant Load the FlashScan Firmware File:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw
when i open the update flashscan firmware its not reading it and it is in dead-poll modeDoes your V2:
- connect to your vehicle...?
- connect to your PC (scantool, tunetool, explorer)...?

With those FW/BB versions your V2 should be working now.

You don't need (and can't use) the file FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw so don't try to program it;
From now on you use the "explorer" (EFILive Explorer, EE) to update firmware/bootblock on your V2 and to retrieve BBL files.

Cheers,
Joe

nycblazer
May 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM
can i still use the EFILive V7.5 Tune Tool and the EFILive V7.5 Scan Tool

or what do i use to license a vin and reflash the ecm

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Have you flashed this PCM before...?

If not, then when you go to flash the PCM that you haven't yet programmed/licensed, the tunetool will tell you what to do (you have to acknowledge it, then you have to start the flash again, it will take an unused license).

If so, then V2 should already have the license for that PCM.

Do Help->V2 Licensing and take/post a screenshot.

nycblazer
May 9th, 2008, 02:15 AM
ok i got the pids list yipeeee

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Are you using scantool/tunetool build 51...?

Connect to vehicle in BBL mode (no laptop), select pids list, start recording... does V2 show the pid values in real time...?

Stop recording; connect laptop, start scantool, connect to vehicle, select pids, start recording... does scantool see the pid values...?

Exit scantool, key on engine off, open tunetool, read the flash and save to file... did this work ok...?

Might also try:
Key on engine off, from scantool, connect to vehicle, click on DVT tab, click Activate, see if bidi controls work (e.g. command the MIL and see if it responds)... solenoids should be heard clicking on/off.