PDA

View Full Version : some questions from a first timer...

harascho
May 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hi folks, I hope you can give me some advice and help to get me going..

As I statet in a GEN IV thread I am on the way to convert my '97 Tahoe (5.7 Vortec) to a GEN IV drivetrain. Engine is a 5.3 "LMG" out of a '07 Yukon, tranny 4L60E out of a '07 Suburban 4wd. The E38 and the TCM I've got didn't come out of the same vehicles as the drivetrain. I bought a Flash Scan V2 hardware and I am on the way to built me a bench harness to flash ECU and TCM.

Ok now the interesting part begins:
As I learned, with my flash Scan V2 I recieved the license for two VIN's.
Ok so far so good . Now which VIN should I use for the first of the two included licenses? The one of the '97 Tahoe or one of the '07 donor cars for the ECM / TCM... I know silly questions but as I said these are my first steps..

Then which tunes should I use to start with. I like to keep flexfuel and AFM.
I will have to disable the alarm and other related stuff from the '07 ECM, are there any infos and how to's somewhere? Maybe a list of the modules I have to address?
Also on the reflash of ECM / TCM , maybe someone wrote a detailed help list?

Ok that's the start I think there is a lot more to come... just thinking of the GMLAN bus ... I have most of the parts together ( ECM, TCM, BCM and instrument cluster) but I am just looking up a long uphill way....

Any help is very very welcome

Harald

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM
As I learned, with my flash Scan V2 I recieved the license for two VIN's.
Ok so far so good . Now which VIN should I use for the first of the two included licenses? The one of the '97 Tahoe or one of the '07 donor cars for the ECM / TCM... I know silly questions but as I said these are my first steps..

The VIN licenses are "married" to the controller, not the VIN itself. So it does not matter what VIN is in the controller. You can change the VIN in the controller at any time without affecting your licenses.

Note: You will need one VIN license for each ECM/TCM combo. I.e. with 2 VIN licenses you can tune 2 ECMs and 2 TCMs.

Regards
Paul