PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly...

2002_z28_six_speed
May 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
The Good news:
I found out that if I massage my V2 the SD card reader now works but it is fickle sometimes. I reported the issue in Dec. Just figured this out today. I just didn't want to ship my V2 off to IRL in LA because I am very scared it would get lost in the mail. That happens alot to me.

The Bad news:
I have no idea how to interface my Innovate to the V2. Can someone please post a visual schematic of how to interface the LM2 to the V2???

Seeing helps me out ALOT more than reading.

The Ugly news:
My car still needs alot of work. Some repair some with the tuning. I lost my SLP Ultra Z hood in the 4th quarter of last year. [Don't let other people drive your car.] Too cracked to fix. Most of the damage is fixed. My Elderbrock panhard bar looks bent. I am not sure why. Plus, my new tyres just aren't as sticky. I should of bought online and had them mounted locally. The local tyre stores here can't order jack!

I am better at tuning but can never get the AFR's 100% right all the time. It used to go wild from day to day in OL. Now my tune is good enough where I never see alot of deviation due to weather. My IAT modifier and OL ECT modifier are much more dialed in.

But, I won't be tuning 1000 HP corvettes for awhile. :devil_2:

Blacky
May 7th, 2008, 10:07 PM
The Good news:
I found out that if I massage my V2 the SD card reader now works but it is fickle sometimes. I reported the issue in Dec. Just figured this out today. I just didn't want to ship my V2 off to IRL in LA because I am very scared it would get lost in the mail. That happens alot to me.

Can you try sending it with insurance?

The Bad news:
I have no idea how to interface my Innovate to the V2. Can someone please post a visual schematic of how to interface the LM2 to the V2???
Seeing helps me out ALOT more than reading.

Can you buy LM-2's now? I did not think they were released yet.

There should be a serial cable that connects to the LM-2 with a Female 9 pin D connector on one end.
There is a serial cable that connects to FlashScan next to the USB connector, with an RJ12 (like a phone plug) on one end and a Female 9 pin D connector on the other end.

You need to connect both cables to their respective devices, then connect both 9 pin D connectors together. However, they are both female and so they won't plug together. You also need to get a male to male crossover connector to allow you to connect the two female D plugs together.

This is what you need:
http://www.sfcable.com/cable/p/30D1-C1-S.html

Once they are connected, you can log wide band status, AFR and lambda using the PIDs:
EXT.WO2ST1
EXT.WO2AFR1
EXT.WO2LAM1

You can view the AFR and Lambda on screen using the FlashScan menu option: F1 Scan Tool -> F1 Data Logging -> F3 Display WO2.
You may need to press Backspace on FlashScan's keypad to cycle through the wide band types until you get to Innovate.

You should also check the FlashScan settings and make sure you have these values set up:
Com In = Wide-O2
Com Out = Wide-O2
WO2 Type = Innovate
You can open the FlashScan setting option by pressing Ctrl+Backspace while displaying any menu.

Regards
Paul

2002_z28_six_speed
May 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM
HAHA I am sorry for my total blindness. I meant to say Innovate LM1! I have been waiting for that damn LM2 to come out though.

So basically:

EFI LIVE RJ to serial cable --> Null adapter --> serial to audio jack --->audio jack to din
No pin changes...

But can my LM1 feed my gauge and the V2 through serial at the same time? Think you can daisy chain... don't remember.

joecar
May 8th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Too bad about your SLP hood. Did the PH bar get bent when they broke your hood...?

Blacky
May 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
EFI LIVE RJ to serial cable --> Null adapter --> serial to audio jack --->audio jack to din
No pin changes...

Correct.

But can my LM1 feed my gauge and the V2 through serial at the same time? Think you can daisy chain... don't remember.

I don't know, I've never tried, but I don't see why not.
Just splice the 3 wires (TX, RX and Gnd) from the gauge to the 9 pin plug on FlashScan's serial cable.

Regards
Paul

2002_z28_six_speed
May 8th, 2008, 10:55 AM
You are the man, Blacky. :)

2002_z28_six_speed
May 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I got it to work but its doing the thing where it works for awhile and the LM1 says "serial interface" on the screen and then stops working.

I rememer the resolution was something with termination. I can't remember exactly.