PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 serial inconsistencies

thunder550
May 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Take a look at the lean spikes in the serial wideband chart below. I don't think it could possibly be bouncing around this much. I'll have to get a log comparing the serial data to the analog data, but this doesn't look right to me, plus it's throwing my BENs way off.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc22/thunder550/MiscCrap/log.jpg

joecar
May 8th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Have you tried changing the LC-1's response speed from the LM Programmer software...?

Chevy366
May 8th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah that was the big gripe with the 1.10v Firmware update , LC-1 reacts faster .

thunder550
May 8th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I'll take a look at the LM programmer settings. What do you mean when you say LC-1 reacts faster?

thunder550
May 8th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Have you tried changing the LC-1's response speed from the LM Programmer software...?

I just looked more closely at that screen shot - that's output timing for analog out, not serial out.

Ira
May 8th, 2008, 06:41 AM
What do you mean when you say LC-1 reacts faster?

Internally the LC-1 is capable of reading 1000 times per second or so, if you set it so it reports only the last few readings you can get it reading the air passing through the cylinder when both valves are open and it will show lean for one reading. If you extend the number of reads it averages for each report you'll get a reading more in line with what you expect.

In theory, the next generation of widebands should be fast enough to report individual cylinder AFR from one sensor in the collector. The sensors themselves are fast enough, it's the the electronics that have to catch up.

Ira

thunder550
May 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ahhh makes sense.

Well I just updated the firmware in the LC-1 and all is well now :)