PDA

View Full Version : Strange scanner/Maps issue

hquick
May 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Opened scantool on my laptop at 5am this morning to run a log on the way home from work only to discover all my Maps that I had setup had disappeared completely?
Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks

TAQuickness
May 8th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Like missing from the hard drive, or not displayed in the scan tool?

hquick
May 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Not displayed.
Ie...I had specific maps setup under each letter (for the past 2 years or so) A-J and they just vanished.
I had to do the Shift+Cntrl+M and re assign them.

hquick
May 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well....
Just did it to me again! :confused:
Flashed the PCM.
Opened the scantool to do a RAFIG scan.
No MAP's..all gone!
Have to go through and reassign all my MAP's again???

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
You can set up a file called xxxxx.mls, where xxxxx is the name of the PID file that you can load. If such a file exists in the PIDs folder then the maps specified in that *.mls file will be loaded (when the mathcing PID file is loaded) instead of the most recently used MAPs from the registry.

However, I presume you don't have a file with that name in the PIDs folder.
So I don't know why the maps are not showing up.

The maps for each map letter are stored in the registry under the setting:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Map
EFIlive should write the current set of map file names into the registry when it EFILive is closed. Check that they are configured in there correctly after you close EFILive.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Paul,

In the *.mls file, can I specify "subfolder\mapfilename" (I have some map files in subfolders)...?

Also, in the pids folder I have some pids in subfolders, can I have *.mls files in those subfolders...?

Joe

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes, but the "MAPs" folder name and a \ are prepended to whatever you have in the *.mls file. So ALL maps specified in the *.mls file must reside somewhere underneath the \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\MAPs folder.

Regards
Paul

hquick
May 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Paul,
I'll check it out.