PDA

View Full Version : New problem with V2 serial wideband input

thunder550
May 9th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Ok here's a new one...

I hooked my LC-1 up to the V2 via serial connection. Been working fine for 2 days. Today I did a heater calibration and free air calibration on the LC-1 (V2 was hooked up to it at the time) and now the AFR reads between 4:1 and 5:1 when I'm idling at stoich. It reads the same on the V2 and the scan tool on my laptop. Here's the kicker - when I hook the serial connection up to Logworks, it reads perfectly. The V2 is reading the Lambda value correctly, but is somehow converting that to AFR incorrectly. I'm going to try and update to the latest firmware (I did the May 3 update but not the May 6 update) and see if that fixes it. Ideas? I changed NOTHING in the V2....just a heater cal and free air cal of the wideband.

thunder550
May 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Did a firmware update and no change. Lambda reads approx 1.07 and AFR reads in the 5:1 area.

thunder550
May 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Deleted and re-copied all the config files, no change.

thunder550
May 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Changed the wideband out to another LC1 and problem fixed. Must be a bad unit.

05_Sierra_6.0
June 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
I am having the same problem you were having and my LC-1 is brand new. Anybody have any other suggestions other than replacement?

mr.prick
June 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
have you checked the LC-1 through logworks?
maybe the fuel type needs to be changed.

05_Sierra_6.0
June 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks... I checked in logworks and it worked fine. I rechecked my setup in the LC-1 and it had changed. Not sure why but it was on custom fuel settings. I reset to EFILIVE settings and It's working fine now. Very strange that it changed on it's own though.

mr.prick
June 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM
glad that helped.
it`s a good idea to check up on the LC-1 from time to time.
LOL
i didn`t realize how old this thread was when i first responded.