PDA

View Full Version : Feature request v2

ringram
May 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Just wondering if it might be nice to have the DTC explanations for codes included in the firmware, so that when scanning you can press a key for more info etc and get a short explanation of what the dtc code is, that would save having to have a PC near to read the Dtc section in the tune tool etc.
(ie) means the scan tool has all the info you need to figure out whats wrong there and then.

(eg) P0102 ... click F1 or something for more info and get "MAF Sensor Circuit Low"

Shouldnt take up much flash space and makes things more polished :)

Bruce Melton
May 10th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Agreed would be nice!
In the meantime I think this site has the best reference> http://www.gearchatter.com/

ringram
May 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah I usually just look in the DTC section of the tune program for starters.

TAQuickness
May 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
That's a good one Richard. I hope Paul can/will implement that one.

Happy Jim
July 5th, 2008, 08:48 AM
We've got the "lookup DTC" function on the V2 (F2, F3, F3), but mine comes up with "Description not available" for all codes that I enter, is that because I'm being a biff and not doing something correctly or do the descriptors come in a later version of firmware?

Rgds

Jim

Ninety8C5
July 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
We've got the "lookup DTC" function on the V2 (F2, F3, F3), but mine comes up with "Description not available" for all codes that I enter, is that because I'm being a biff and not doing something correctly or do the descriptors come in a later version of firmware?

Rgds

Jim

There are four files (b.dtc, c.dtc, p.dtc & u.dtc) in the Scan folder (C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Scan). If I remember correctly they have to be copied to the Scan folder on the V2 using EFI Explorer.

Happy Jim
July 6th, 2008, 05:16 AM
There are four files (b.dtc, c.dtc, p.dtc & u.dtc) in the Scan folder (C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8.1\Scan). If I remember correctly they have to be copied to the Scan folder on the V2 using EFI Explorer.

Good Memory Sir :cheers:

Working perfectly now

Jim

ScarabEpic22
July 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks man, I was wondering why it didnt work for me too. Ill copy those files next time I plug my V2 in.