PDA

View Full Version : what should I tune further?

odd boy
May 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Hi,

I am tuning a M6 camaro 98, the camaro has got new cam, polished heads, new injectors, and exhaust system.

The car will be for street challenges only, so the close loop mode will be off all the time, and sure there will be no fuel trimming. The tuning will be mafless only. The VE table looks fine and the injectors are corrected, but when the car in neutral the RPM doesn't come steady, it keeps moving up and down.

1. Therefore, what should I tune further?

2. If IAC vs area comes into the picture, how it should be tuned and why?

3. If desired air flow comes into the picture, how it should be tuned and why?

4. If throttle cracker comes into the picture, how it should be tuned and why?

5. If throttle flower comes into the picture, how it should be tuned and why?

:thankyou2:

lastcall190
May 11th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Wish I could help more, but this thread helped with my idle tuning (actually, all that happened was he took a look at the tune and made a few tweaks hahah):

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661

Good luck.

-J

TFZ_Z06
May 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I am tuning a M6 camaro 98, the camaro has got new cam, polished heads, new injectors, and exhaust system.

The car will be for street challenges only, so the close loop mode will be off all the time, and sure there will be no fuel trimming. The tuning will be mafless only. The VE table looks fine and the injectors are corrected, but when the car in neutral the RPM doesn't come steady, it keeps moving up and down.

1. First, get fueltrims close to zero at idle. Adjust inj slope if diff injectors. If in OL all the time, could use that particular table to adjust also but if the inj are programmed wrong, at least a change will be global when adjusted.

2. Tune desired idle airflow:

Without MAF:
Increase the airflow until its stable or use wideband to adjust/help. Don't forget there is always the VE table that is significant in the tuning mode you are in. Drive around, log fuel trims
vs rpm vs dyn air, then adjust until correct.

With MAF:
Log MAF at idle. Take airflow#s and plug them directly in to the desired airflow this way the desired airflow close to actual airflow.

If all else fails, turn on all the learning and maf and tune it right. Maybe not you, but I think too many people use SD tunes because they can't tune w/maf.

You can log the follower/cracker and do the same.

odd boy
May 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks, what about the rest of the questions?

SSpdDmon
May 12th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Hi,

So basically, you're in OLSD.

The IAC, desired airflow, throttle cracker, and throttle follower do matter. At a stand still though, the throttle cracker doesn't do anything and the throttle follower will only do something if you touch the gas pedal. Read the idle thread linked a few posts above and it'll get ya going in the right direction.