PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging beta update: May 12, 2008

Blacky
May 11th, 2008, 04:28 PM
IMPORTANT
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO,
YOU MUST UPDATE FLASHSCAN'S BOOT BLOCK TO V2.05.08(0426)
BEFORE
YOU ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE TO V2.05.16 OR LATER.

Under no circumstances should you attempt to use boot block V2.05.06 (released March 26, 2008).
See this link for more info on what is wrong with V2.05.06
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7804

Download here: http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_May_12_2008.zip (19Mb)
This download includes and supersedes all previous BBL beta downloads.

The Readme_First.pdf file included in the zip file has been updated. Please read the first page about new folder names and locations.

The FlashScan AutoCal V2.5 Release Notes _beta_.pdf file has some important "Known Issues" documented for EFILive_Explorer.exe. Please read them.

The FlashScan AutoCal V2.5 Quick Reference _beta_.pdf file has been updated with a couple of new menu options and a new hotkey.

Make sure you update your FlashScan (and/or AutoCal) firmware and boot block using the latest *.ffw files from the \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware folder.

For those of you waiting for the AutoCal beta test units, they should ship this week.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
May 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi guys,

I have one small bug for this release.

In the ScanTool, under PIDs, there is a new "system" option called "Coditions" that holds the GM.EOPS PID. I know it's getting a bit picky and there is probably some more exciting work to do, but thought I'd let you know anyway.

Simon.

Blacky
May 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Hi guys,

I have one small bug for this release.

In the ScanTool, under PIDs, there is a new "system" option called "Coditions" that holds the GM.EOPS PID. I know it's getting a bit picky and there is probably some more exciting work to do, but thought I'd let you know anyway.

Simon.

Please continue to be picky, these things need to be fixed and with my spelling/typing skills I need all the help I can get. :good:

Regards
Paul

bballer182
May 12th, 2008, 03:41 PM
we had just been discussing the transmission description in the scan tool that says LB7/LLY transmission and LBZ/LMM transmission. This description is slightly inaccurate, in that there are certain circumstances in which those descriptions don't apply to the transmission one would desire to log.

Off the top of my head.
1. Vortec 8.1L gas engines in Silverados had Allison 5 speeds.
2. '06 LLY's were equipped with an Allison 6 speed.

Just a suggestion, maybe change the description to Allison 5 speed and Allison 6 speed instead of the aforementioned misleading descriptions.

Blacky
May 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Umm, yes good idea. :doh:
Paul

we had just been discussing the transmission description in the scan tool that says LB7/LLY transmission and LBZ/LMM transmission. This description is slightly inaccurate, in that there are certain circumstances in which those descriptions don't apply to the transmission one would desire to log.

Off the top of my head.
1. Vortec 8.1L gas engines in Silverados had Allison 5 speeds.
2. '06 LLY's were equipped with an Allison 6 speed.

Just a suggestion, maybe change the description to Allison 5 speed and Allison 6 speed instead of the aforementioned misleading descriptions.

SV8346
May 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
ok not sure what the go is here but this is the problem i have just found. In my options.ini file i am logging KR under the LS1. On the V2 it displays KR and registers if there is any knock but if i record the data onto the sd card then view the log on the laptop it says the KR is not selected in the PID selection and hasn't logged it.

Blacky
May 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
ok not sure what the go is here but this is the problem i have just found. In my options.ini file i am logging KR under the LS1. On the V2 it displays KR and registers if there is any knock but if i record the data onto the sd card then view the log on the laptop it says the KR is not selected in the PID selection and hasn't logged it.

It should be fine, can you send me the *.tun file please, and I'll see what's wrong (paul@efilive.com). Include a link to this post.

Regards
Paul

SV8346
May 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
sent

rcr1978
May 13th, 2008, 12:35 AM
How do you get rid of unsupported pids for BBL I have one for my LMM I don't recall what it is but if it is important I will get it here to post. It has had this same unsupported pid since the first release of BBL.

joecar
May 13th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Paul,

When I do retrieve Mode $06 or Mode $06 (all), V2 says "Mode $06 Data Not Retrieved".

Is Mode $06 only the failed monitors, and is Mode $06 (all) all the monitors...?

When I save all diagnostics to file it doesn't save Mode $06 data (see attached).

The pids mentioned in my Options.ini seem to log correctly (attached also); the scantool says [Manual] even tho I logged LS1B_A.

Cheers,
Joe

Blacky
May 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
How do you get rid of unsupported pids for BBL I have one for my LMM I don't recall what it is but if it is important I will get it here to post. It has had this same unsupported pid since the first release of BBL.

Edit the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\Config\Options.ini file and add/remove PIDs in the PSL_LBZ section.
You can see which PIDs are supported for the LBZ's controller in the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\LMM_PIDs.txt file.
The numbers in the square brackets [x] are the channel count for the PID. Make sure your total channel count for the PIDs you list in the [PSL_LBZ] section does not exceed 42 (although 28 or less will give you the fastest logging).

Hint: Read the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\Readme.txt file. It has a bit more info in it.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 13th, 2008, 08:14 AM
When I do retrieve Mode $06 or Mode $06 (all), V2 says "Mode $06 Data Not Retrieved".

Mode $06 is not implemented for VPW vehicles yet. It only works on CAN controllers.
The opposite is true of the Scan Tool software. VPW is mode $04 is implemented, CAN mode $06 is not.

Is Mode $06 only the failed monitors, and is Mode $06 (all) all the monitors...?

Mode $06 shows only failed test results.
Mode $06 (All) shows all results, passed and failed.

When I save all diagnostics to file it doesn't save Mode $06 data (see attached).

See above

The pids mentioned in my Options.ini seem to log correctly (attached also); the scantool says [Manual] even tho I logged LS1B_A.

The [Manual] designation is entered by the user in the Edit->Customer Details. When a log file is loaded into EFILive, EFILive looks for a matching customer file (based on VIN) and loads the various details about that vehicle.

When a log file is created in the PC scan tool, that customer info is saved into the log file automatically.

When a log file is created on FlashScan that information is not available and is not saved into the file. To save that info into your file, you would need to manually enter it using Edit->Log file info.

However, I guess the BBL firmware knows whether the user selected Auto or Manual and could at least populate the Auto/manual meta data in the log file. I will do that.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
May 13th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Anyone else having problems connecting to VPW controllers in pass-through? I can't get EFILive Scan to connect to my ECM or TCM (LLY) for ANYTHING... It's set to Flashscan v2.5 USB, and will connect to my 6 speed Allison TCM. I've tried to get it to connect to my LLY ECM and TCM both on the bench and in the truck with the same results.

Also, whats up with the PIDS? The PIDs in the "PID Descriptions" folder don't match the validated PIDs from EFILive Scan. For Example, according to Scan, the 6 speed's TSTATE03 is PEMA, TCCRSW, KDWNACT, CRZON, CLBRSW2, & ACCLUT. According to the txt file in "PID Descriptions", TSTATE03 is SHSOLE, SHSOLD, SHSOLC, TFPSWR, TFPSWE, TFPSWD & TFPSWC. Which is right? I don't think any of the TSTATE PIDs match between the two...

Also..... When there's a GMLAN controller (6 speed TCM) and a VPW Controller (LLY ECM) present, the V2 won't connect to either of them in BBL mode (Press F2 and nothing happens), but will connect to the TCM in pass through.

Blacky
May 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone else having problems connecting to VPW controllers in pass-through? I can't get EFILive Scan to connect to my ECM or TCM (LLY) for ANYTHING... It's set to Flashscan v2.5 USB, and will connect to my 6 speed Allison TCM. I've tried to get it to connect to my LLY ECM and TCM both on the bench and in the truck with the same results.

I will set up that combination here and try and figure out what is going wrong...

Also, whats up with the PIDS? The PIDs in the "PID Descriptions" folder don't match the validated PIDs from EFILive Scan. For Example, according to Scan, the 6 speed's TSTATE03 is PEMA, TCCRSW, KDWNACT, CRZON, CLBRSW2, & ACCLUT. According to the txt file in "PID Descriptions", TSTATE03 is SHSOLE, SHSOLD, SHSOLC, TFPSWR, TFPSWE, TFPSWD & TFPSWC. Which is right? I don't think any of the TSTATE PIDs match between the two...

Many PIDs got renamed when BBL was implemented. Partly because more PIDs were added and partly because the old PID names were too long to fit on FlashScan's screen. You can see a list of new and old names in sae_generic.txt. When you load a BBL fiule (that contains the new PID names) into the V7 scan tool software, the PID names are automatically converted back to the old names.

It is confusing for now, but in the new V8 software the new PID names will be used exclusively.

Here's the mapping for the TSTATE PIDs:

BBL Name V7 Scan Name
-------- --------
TSTATE33 TSTATE02
TSTATE34 TSTATE03
TSTATE35 TSTATE04
TSTATE36 TSTATE05
TSTATE37 TSTATE06
TSTATE39 TSTATE07
TSTATE40 TSTATE08
TSTATE41 TSTATE09
TSTATE42 TSTATE10
TSTATE45 TSTATE12
TSTATE03 TSTATE13
TSTATE04 TSTATE14
TSTATE05 TSTATE15
TSTATE06 TSTATE16
TSTATE07 TSTATE17
TSTATE16 TSTATE18
Also..... When there's a GMLAN controller (6 speed TCM) and a VPW Controller (LLY ECM) present, the V2 won't connect to either of them in BBL mode (Press F2 and nothing happens), but will connect to the TCM in pass through.

See my first comment.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
May 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Many PIDs got renamed when BBL was implemented. Partly because more PIDs were added and partly because the old PID names were too long to fit on FlashScan's screen. You can see a list of new and old names in sae_generic.txt. When you load a BBL fiule (that contains the new PID names) into the V7 scan tool software, the PID names are automatically converted back to the old names.

It is confusing for now, but in the new V8 software the new PID names will be used exclusively.

Here's the mapping for the TSTATE PIDs:

BBL Name V7 Scan Name
-------- --------
TSTATE33 TSTATE02
TSTATE34 TSTATE03
TSTATE35 TSTATE04
TSTATE36 TSTATE05
TSTATE37 TSTATE06
TSTATE39 TSTATE07
TSTATE40 TSTATE08
TSTATE41 TSTATE09
TSTATE42 TSTATE10
TSTATE45 TSTATE12
TSTATE03 TSTATE13
TSTATE04 TSTATE14
TSTATE05 TSTATE15
TSTATE06 TSTATE16
TSTATE07 TSTATE17
TSTATE16 TSTATE18

Regards
Paul

Ahhh... Makes sense. :thumb_yello:

Let me know if you want me to try anything in particular.

Dave

hymey
May 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
As per discussed with my pass thru logging problems Paul. Do you have any idea what is causing the problem.

cheers

Joel

Chuck CoW
May 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hey Paul.... As per your request, I updated to the latest BBL software WITHOUT the current firmware.....Mine is kinda old.

TRIED THE SPEEDO CALCULATOR on an 04 SSR with 4.10's and all the problems we discussed with traction control and stuff ARE GONE!

SSR runs GREAT and sent it home tonight.:rockon:

Most stuff I tried works good....but, tried to flash an I6 Trailblazer and it would not flash.....

I switched to the old software and it worked fine.

Chuck CoW

nm2769
May 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I am having a similar issue with pass through mode I can not get it to connect (LS1B_M) with the scan tool. It will connect with the tune tool. Any suggestions?

Thankx
Nick M.

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 12:55 AM
The pass through logging problem affects all VPW based comms.

In the last update, FlashScan's internal VPW message filter was reduced from allowing ALL possible scan tool addresses to just 1.
The Scan Tool software uses two different scan tool addresses. One of them is being filtered out by FlashScan so the scan tool software never got the replies.

I'll add the second address back in to the filter. Sorry - my mistake.

Paul

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 01:07 AM

Try reducing the number of PIDs so that the channel count adds up to 24 or less. I think KR (and probably other PIDs as well) are being dropped because they just don't fit in the 24 channels.

Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files in the \Program files\EFILive\V8\PID Descriptions folder.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 14th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files
...That does make it easier/quicker... thanks Paul... :cheers:

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 01:47 AM
H
Most stuff I tried works good....but, tried to flash an I6 Trailblazer and it would not flash.....

I switched to the old software and it worked fine.

Chuck CoW

Do you mean you switched back to older firmware or older EFILive software?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 14th, 2008, 01:48 AM
That does make it easier/quicker... thanks Paul... :cheers:

It will be quicker and easier and automatic once I get the version 8 GUI front end written.
Paul

SV8346
May 14th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Try reducing the number of PIDs so that the channel count adds up to 24 or less. I think KR (and probably other PIDs as well) are being dropped because they just don't fit in the 24 channels.

Hint: The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the files in the \Program files\EFILive\V8\PID Descriptions folder.

Regards
Paul

I just had another look at the options.ini file and realized this is all my bad. I added the extra parameters for the alarm to activate if any KR is detected and forgot to put the comma in after KR. Once i put that in it all worked perfectly.

I haven't tried it in pass threw mode yet to see if i am getting the same problems as above but i will test it today.

rcr1978
May 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Edit the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\Config\Options.ini file and add/remove PIDs in the PSL_LBZ section.
You can see which PIDs are supported for the LBZ's controller in the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\LMM_PIDs.txt file.
The numbers in the square brackets [x] are the channel count for the PID. Make sure your total channel count for the PIDs you list in the [PSL_LBZ] section does not exceed 42 (although 28 or less will give you the fastest logging).

Hint: Read the \Program Files\EFILiveV8\PID Descriptions\Readme.txt file. It has a bit more info in it.

Regards
Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul, I looked into it a little today and MAIN1Q_M is the pid that is not supported this one is in the supported list of PIDS for the LMM. It's a important one for logging to. Also to add to the list :hihi: some pids that are needed for logging six speed Ally's are no longer supported now and they used to be a while ago these are trans related pids only, is it possible to get a convertor applied percentage pid added also? In the tuning tool I found that there is no link from the scan tool in the fuel pressure tables.
When logging GM.FLS it is in volts instead of milivolts like the fuel level sensor table F0101 the accuracy is not near close enough to recalibrate it this way 2.5V vs 2599mv the sensor is very touchy is there a way to change that anywhere? Sorry for the long list :wave:

Thanks
Robert

ScarabEpic22
May 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Uhh oh, hopefully my I6 TB flashes here in a few mins with the latest BBL fw. Otherwise Ill keep going back in fw's until it does...havent been able to test any fw with it yet so here goes nothing!

ringram
May 14th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hmm, Ive found it helps to read the instuctions. I now know why it looked like there were no changes in firmware... location has changed. User error.

joecar
May 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
On LS1B, I had P0420...

From V2 I did Clear DTCs, V2 said "Error $0281"... but it did clear the DTC (V2 now shows there are none).

Also, see this: showthread.php?t=8052&highlight=%240281 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8052&highlight=%240281)

mr.prick
May 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
after this update my V2 is not detecting an OB2 module
and so only external PIDs can be logged.
i re installed an reformatted and re flashed firmware/bootblock and still no connection.
IIRC this happened to me before and a reformat of the config files solved it,
but this time i`m stuck.

ScarabEpic22
May 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Well BBL for the P10_A file works! Im stoked, first time I tried to use it I got a log file with no errors! Did have to delete a few PIDs from the options.ini file as they arent used in the P10, but success! :D

And I reflashed my 02 I6 with 0 problems so Chuck I dont know what year I6 you were flashing but 02-05s should be fine if my 02 works.

joecar
May 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Paul,

I noticed when recording pids on V2 BBL, the inverse video hotkey doesn't work... I have to stop recording first.

Cheers,
Joe

Blacky
May 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
after this update my V2 is not detecting an OB2 module
and so only external PIDs can be logged.
i re installed an reformatted and re flashed firmware/bootblock and still no connection.
IIRC this happened to me before and a reformat of the config files solved it,
but this time i`m stuck.

There's a problem with the latest firmware that causes VPW modules (i.e. LS1) to not communicate properly. I'm getting a fix out asap.

I set the message filter too aggressively and accidentally filtered out some messages that should be being received by FlashScan. I'll relax the filters and post a new version either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Paul

mr.prick
May 15th, 2008, 03:10 PM
There's a problem with the latest firmware that causes VPW modules (i.e. LS1) to not communicate properly. I'm getting a fix out asap.

I set the message filter too aggressively and accidentally filtered out some messages that should be being received by FlashScan. I'll relax the filters and post a new version either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Paul

i reverted to the last firmware, and now i`m able to connect.

joecar
May 16th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Yes, I find build 53/54 is not able to connect to VPW in passthru mode (scantool doesn't detect the ECM/PCM).

joecar
May 16th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Scantool doesn't connect to PCM, console log and error report attached.

JezzaB
May 16th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, I find build 53/54 is not able to connect to VPW in passthru mode (scantool doesn't detect the ECM/PCM).

Was going to post this last night as I tried to do a tune. Flash and read perfectly but the Scan Tool in passthrough could not detect the ECM. After scratching my head for a while I tried an other version of the scantool and no go so figured it mustbe the firmware. Downgraded the firmware and all is well.

Blacky
May 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Paul,

I noticed when recording pids on V2 BBL, the inverse video hotkey doesn't work... I have to stop recording first.

Cheers,
Joe

Correct, its a "menu" hot key and only works when in the menu subsystem.
I could duplicate it in the data logging subsystem.

Regards
Paul

hymey
May 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I am unable to log pass thru with the new bootblock. i have tried all the firmware for this bootblock, but still no go. should i reinstall the software or is this a bug?

cheers

joecar
May 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hymey = CAN
Jezza = VPW (am I wrong...?)
joecar = VPW

So it looks like passthru is not working on either protocol.

JezzaB
May 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hymey = CAN
Jezza = VPW (am I wrong...?)
joecar = VPW

So it looks like passthru is not working on either protocol.

yeah VPW joe. I watched the status window and it was trying VPW (so it was the correct protocol) but it just couldnt find the PCM. Havent gone outside and tried the CAN based car yet (Holden VE).

Cougar281
May 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I successfully connected to my 6 speed Allison TCM (GMLAN), so I think it's limited to VPW.

Ninety8C5
May 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Paul

Any idea when this new version will be available?

Blacky
May 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Any idea when this new version will be available?

ASAP! Should be ready tonight NZ time - that's Monday morning US time.

Regards
Paul

hymey
May 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Great stuff! Waiting patiently:grin:

Cheers

Chuck CoW
May 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hey Paul.....

I've got the serial wideband up on my spare V2 and I'm presently viewing WBO2 on the screen of the V2 and all appears good, except that I can
t connect to the Atlas controller I'm working on.....

Any ideas?
Chuck CoW

Blacky
May 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Hey Paul.....

I've got the serial wideband up on my spare V2 and I'm presently viewing WBO2 on the screen of the V2 and all appears good, except that I can
t connect to the Atlas controller I'm working on.....

Any ideas?
Chuck CoW

Can you please send the error report from the scan tool?
Paul