PDA

View Full Version : LM1 users

Highlander
August 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
What values are you programming into the lm1 analog output in order to get correct readings to use the Lm1 PID?

I am getting sort of innacurate readings... a lot leaner on efilive vs logworks...

any helps would be appreciated..

thanks

Black02SS
August 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I just noticed the exact same thing today. I am going to re-calibrate the O2 in the morning and see if that makes a difference. I will see what I can come up with and let you know in the morning.

ie. LM1 reads 14.0, Live is displaying 14.7 as a average.

Dirk Diggler
August 11th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Is the LM1 sampling a lot faster than Live ie (30fps compared to 10 fps) if so this may be the reason for the discrepancy. Maybe the LM1 guage and stuff need some kind of dampener

Highlander
August 12th, 2005, 01:02 AM
If you see logworks the output at logworks is damped...

but.... the lm1 will output to 12/sec...

if efilive reads @ 10/sec there is no way to see the afr reading faster than 10/sec..

johnv
August 13th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I am seeing the same problem. Currently just using the std default anilog output setting in the LM1 and the LM1 pid in flashscan.
Had thought of maybe setting anilog output up the same as another wideband (LM1 is programmable) and using there flashscan pid.
any sugestions ?

jnorris
August 14th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I have the same problem as well. The AFR in EFILive is always leaner by .3 to.7 than the data in Logworks. I do not think the problem is with EFILive because I had the same problem when I was using the AC Pressure sensor as the PCM input for the LM-1 output voltage.
It seems to me that there is a discrepancy between what the LM-1 records and what it outputs.

John

Black02SS
August 14th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Here is a new formula I am using and it apprears to be spot on. I have checked at several AFR ranges and all appear to be within .1.

AFR = ({EXT.AD1}*1.598)+10

jnorris
August 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Here is a new formula I am using and it apprears to be spot on. I have checked at several AFR ranges and all appear to be within .1.

What scale are you using on the LM-1?

What is the firmware version of your LM-1?

Black02SS
August 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Set .5 Volt -----equals 10 AFR

Set 4.5 Volts --equals 18 AFR

Firmware is the newest as I just updated it on Friday.

jnorris
August 14th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I just updated the firmware in the LM-1 and did a recal.

I let the car idle until it was in FTC 17 and then recorded a 10min log with EFILive and with the LM-1.
From the LM-1 log the average AFR is 14.66391:1
From EFILive the average AFR is 14.96731:1

EFILive reads .3034 lean at idle.

I am using the PID
AFR = {EXT.AD1}*2+10

LM-1 scale is 0v=10, 5v=20

hpcubed
August 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Taken from post from mistermike:
"I hooked up the LM Programming software and the graph showed an AFR of 7.35 at 0 volts and 22.39 at 5 volts as shown below. 14.7 should be at 2.45 volts.

Faced with the choice of programming the LC-1 for 0.5 volts at the 7.35 AFR or re-doing the calculated PIDs, I took the lazy approach and simply made the LC-1 fit the PID, shown in the second graph. Stoich now hits at 2.70 volts.

I believe for a factory default LC-1 the formulas should be a simpler:
"({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35"
and
"({EXT.AD2}*3)+7.35"

If you're using LC-1s, I suggest first checking them with the supplied utility . If they show 7.35 AFR at 0 volts as mine did, then you need to make the correction to the LC-1 or the PID. "

This seems to work pretty well.

hpcubed
August 17th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Not to hijack but- while we are talking about the LM1: I have noticed that when I first start my car (open loop with commanded AFR = 12.5 across the board) I notice that initially my LM1 is showing lean (~14:1). Then after the car runs for a while the AFR from LM1 drops closer to what is commanded. Anyone else seeing this?

Tordne
August 17th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Not to hijack but- while we are talking about the LM1: I have noticed that when I first start my car (open loop with commanded AFR = 12.5 across the board) I notice that initially my LM1 is showing lean (~14:1). Then after the car runs for a while the AFR from LM1 drops closer to what is commanded. Anyone else seeing this?

Often it is recommended to leave your key at the accessory position for 30-40 seconds before starting the vehicle. This give the WB element time to warm up, before which time they are apparently not accurate. This is true for the PLX devices, but I imagine for LC/LM also.

Cheers,

joecar
August 18th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Often it is recommended to leave your key at the accessory position for 30-40 seconds before starting the vehicle. This give the WB element time to warm up, before which time they are apparently not accurate. This is true for the PLX devices, but I imagine for LC/LM also.

Cheers,
This is also true of the NBH02S's.
Cheers
Joe
:)

hpcubed
August 19th, 2005, 03:43 PM
The LM1's read-out indicates when the heater is warming up. Mine seems to take about 2-4 min. after the the LM1 indicates that the element is warm before it start showing what I assume is the correct AFR. Any corrections to the open loop AFR(ie coolant temp, air intake temp) should show up while logging the commanded AFR correct?

Highlander
August 20th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Set .5 Volt -----equals 10 AFR

Set 4.5 Volts --equals 18 AFR

Firmware is the newest as I just updated it on Friday.

by using this.. how did you come up with the formula you where using? trial and error?

Dirk Diggler
August 21st, 2005, 03:44 AM
Using the slope intercept formulat

XLR8NSS
November 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM

Ok, I've tried using the default calibration and the LM-1 pid and it didn't work at all.

Then I used the expression you posted above and recal'd the LM1 to the voltages you used. That seems to work great at idle but, at WOT it is about .5 off. The LM-1 reads 11.7 while EFIlive reads 12.2. At idle both read 14.6:1

Can you explain how you came up with that formula so that I can attempt to figure one out for myself that is closer for my setup.

Has anyone else succefully setup a LM-1 with EFILive?

I'm about to give up on this thing, sell it and buy a LC-1. :lol:

Extinct
November 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah, got mine working no issues. I did talk to Black02SS a little about his correction formula so I understood it.

Basically the issue is one of potential voltage offset between what the LM1 box is putting out (or thinks it is putting out) and the voltage that Live reads.

After some thinking about it and playing around with it, here is what I did.

I set up the LM1 to output the same voltage regardless of AFR, basically you put the same # in the voltage box at both positions for the wideband channel. I did this 5 times, in steps of 1.0 volts - .5, 1.5, 2.5, etc. I then started the car and logged the voltage that Live was reading. It was off by a little bit, not much really, but I would rev the engine in the garage a little during logging just to make sure any alternator voltage effects were taken into account. I really did not see output voltage vary more than .1-.2 volts.

Anyway, then I made this little excel table that I used to derive a new wideband equation for. Basically all it does is use the measured voltage and derive a new slope and intercept so that the AFR matches what the LM1 is trying to tell it. On mine, I measured less than .05 error, so although it didn't really need correcting once I had the formula I used it anyway :D

Hope this helps ! See attached file !

XLR8NSS
November 6th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks alot. I will try that tomorrow. :)

XLR8NSS
November 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Ok, I logged the data and plugged it into the spreadsheet. I came up with the following

Error corrected slope 1.993

Error corrected Intercept 9.983

It's basically the PLX PID but, I went ahead and changed the LM-1 PID to match it anyway.

I put this in for the expression. ({EXT.AD1}*1.993) + 9.983

I changed the LM-1 Analog 2 output to 0V - 10AFR 5V-20AFR

It works perfect now. I also slowed the Analog 2 output down by 1/12 in the LM Programmer software because it was too erratic on "instant".

Thanks for the help :D