PDA

View Full Version : L61 Cannot read PCM. WHY???

TurboEcotec
May 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi, I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier. with the 2.2L Ecotec L61 in it. I've slapped a turbo on it, and a co-worker of mine told me I would be able to tune using EFILive. He's not a newbie to EFILive, and has tuned many Duramax's with it, amongst other vehicles. We tried earlier today to read the data from my pcm. Connected his V2 and laptop to my car, clicked read calibration data, selected 02-05 4cyl PCM, clicked start and it started doing its thing. it started to do stuff, recognized it was a 1mb intel, then it didn't do anything.
We tried this several times, using alt keys, high speed off, different usb ports, even different laptops. and still hangs up in the same spot.
doesn't download anything.
HELP!!!!
PM, email jjames3269@rogers.com, anything.

Thanks,
Joey

TurboEcotec
May 18th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Also tried connecting a V1 to it, and it said we needed to use a V2.
As far as we knew if the PCM doesn't need a Candi Module with the tech2, then we didn't need to use V2.
Any insight???

GMPX
May 24th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I missed this thread first time around, so appologies about the delay.

Out of interest, what firmware version are you using in the V2?
I will double check both Black Box Logging Beta and normal firmware are still working with the 2004 4cyl PCM. It sounds like a similar issue we had with some Diesel computers with one of the V2 firmware versions, it's a pretty simple fix (from our end).

Cheers,
Ross

Dieselholic
May 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Ross,

We are using this "FSProg_V2_4_70.ffw" firmware version, should I try "FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw" & is it the latest non-beta version?

Todd:doh2::).

Dieselholic
May 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM
We updated the firmware in the V2 but still have the same issue, it executes step 1 of 3 of loading bootloader, recognizes the 1Mb chip & then hangs, any ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Todd.:)