PDA

View Full Version : Transition fuelling Questions

oztracktuning
May 16th, 2008, 10:46 PM
In an E38 tune what is the best way to change the tables in the 'Dynamics' section to get a engine to get onto its desired AFR quicker when stomped - mine is lean for a second. Also i want to get the engine to lean out quicker on decel - mine is falling in a big rich hole on decel.

Does anyone have some suggested settings for a high perf NA car and also when a car is in boost up to 180Kpa.

GMPX
May 18th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Steve, everyone will be reading this wondering what you are talking about, I only just added in the Transient fueling calibrations, you only have that .cal as I had to change the map limit for you the other night.
The lean you are seeing sounds more like a PE delay.

Cheers,
Ross

Gelf VXR
May 18th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Steve, everyone will be reading this wondering what you are talking about, I only just added in the Transient fueling calibrations, you only have that .cal as I had to change the map limit for you the other night.
The lean you are seeing sounds more like a PE delay.

Cheers,
Ross

Next question, what calibrations to adjust to minimise PE delay?:)

GMPX
May 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
P0162 - P0166.
Increase the number in B0169.

Cheers,
Ross

Gelf VXR
May 21st, 2008, 02:46 AM
Trying to understand whats going on here,

{B0162} P.E Mode Delay Throttle Bypass: Value = 0.0

The P.E Mode delay timer will be bypassed if the throttle movement rate is higher than this per P.E mode check.

?? At this setting, PE delay will always be bypassed unless some how PE can be enabled when throttle position is static

{B0167} P.E Mode Timer: Value = 0.00

The power enrichment thresholds must be met for this long before power enrichment mode fueling will begin, once this occurs the value in the delay timer is decremented by the values in {B0168} "P.E Mode Timer Counter" until they reach zero when P.E mode fueling will begin.

PE Timer Counter will begin immedietly the thresholds are met, as this value = 0.00. The value in the delay timer, I assume that this is {B0167} which = 0.00 and is already at zero, so PE mode will begin immedietly

If i am understanding correctly, PE delay is disabled:help2:

GMPX
May 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Are you seeing the commanded AFR has a delay or what the WBO2 is reading?
You can also log the PID - GM.FSST
That will tell you when P.E becomes active, just make sure you are not trying to log a million channels at once or the delay you see will be the data coming back from the ECM.

Cheers,
Ross

Gelf VXR
May 21st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Are you seeing the commanded AFR has a delay or what the WBO2 is reading?
You can also log the PID - GM.FSST
That will tell you when P.E becomes active, just make sure you are not trying to log a million channels at once or the delay you see will be the data coming back from the ECM.

Cheers,
Ross

I noticed AFR waver after PE enables and dis enables, but i'm just trying to understand what does what at the moment, thanks

Highlander
March 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I had a good result modifying impact factor.