PDA

View Full Version : B3807, B4103

jfpilla
May 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Anybody know if these parameters apply to Corvettes? The values are too low for ETC idle, unless I'm reading them wrong?

Stock A4 values
B3807=1.19
B4103=1.99

jfpilla
May 20th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Seems no one knows. I increased both values to 10% when I posted this and haven.t noticed any difference. I'm guessing they are cable TB values, only.

SSpdDmon
May 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Those may be absolute figures. On an ETC car, I would guess they're added on top of the TP% correction being added in place of having no IAC.

jfpilla
May 20th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Those may be absolute figures. On an ETC car, I would guess they're added on top of the TP% correction being added in place of having no IAC.

You lost me. These are upper parameters below which trims have an affect.(Corrected)

SSpdDmon
May 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM
B4103 - Throttle position must be below this value for closed loop idle fuelling control to occur.

B3807 - Maximum throttle allowed for Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT) idle adjustment.

These sound like ceilings to me. In other words, for the stock setting of 5% for B4103, I would interpret that to mean that closed loop idle fueling can only occur if TP% is less than 5%. On an ETC car where logged TP% includes the extra amount of airflow added via the ETC instead of an IAC valve (i.e. TP% will read 8~13% at idle instead of 0% like on f-bodies), I think the 5% referenced above relates to the amount you push down on the gas pedal. Because other tables will take you out of idle before 5%, you will always be in closed loop at idle (unless maybe you drop this table to 0%). I've never changed this value, so I don't know what will actually happen or the side effects it'll generate.

Same goes for the other table. The stock 1.19% probably refers to how much you can push down on the pedal before LTFT's in idle mode will no longer update. Again, other settings within the tune should have you out of idle mode and into the non-idle tables by 1.19% TP.

jfpilla
May 20th, 2008, 10:35 AM
You could be right. I haven't noticed any difference, but it's hard to tell with trims.