PDA

View Full Version : 02 OS into a 01 ECM

horsehaulin
May 18th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I loaded a 02 OS that I modified and it seems to have loaded, but it was really fast with the reflash! It took less than a minute to load up? Is this the way the 02OS's load or is there something wrong and I should go back to 01OS? I know it takes longer just to load a calibration on my truck with the 01 OS than it does to do a entire reflash with the 02 OS. Please help ease my unsure mind or get the right thing done so I have a faster truck.

Thanks,
Tony

horsehaulin
May 18th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I figured it out, wasnt loading the flash what so ever. Now I got it up after forcing it to load the ECM three times.

Tony

horsehaulin
June 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
ECM will not accept 02 OS reflash, only takes recals of the 01 OS. Is my ECM locked?

Tony

horsehaulin
June 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
So I had to uninstall my EFI Live and reinstall it to get it to work, but in the process it will not uninstall the V7.5! And I can not repair or modify it so it will work. This is beginning to make me wonder if EFI Live was the right way to go! I hope you guys can help me out and fast, I have programmed several vehicles, and if this is not right soon, I will have to find something better!

Dont get me wrong, I like my EFI Live, but it is giving me more fits than I can take. I run several small businesses and this was looking to be another one that would play into the mix, but I dont have time or patients for software that is substandard! I need this fixed and quickly please.

Tony

GMPX
June 4th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have programmed several vehicles, and if this is not right soon, I will have to find something better!

but I dont have time or patients for software that is substandard! I need this fixed and quickly please.

Tony

Of course none of this is user error right Tony? it's always the 'substandard' software that oddly seems to work fine for everyone else when programming a 2001 ECM, let's pop the insults to the side and try to get your task done.

Any full reflash should take 2 - 3 mins regardless of the year model. I'm sorry I never saw this thread weeks ago because there was no need to uninstall the software to get what you wanted done.

Can you confirm that when you tried programming the 2002 OS in that the Full Flash warning etc came up? It sounds like if the ECM was only accepting a calibration reflash from the 2001 file that you were trying to do a calibration only reflash of the 2002 program in to the 2001 ECM?

Cheers,
Ross

horsehaulin
June 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
OK, insults aside, which none were thrown out.

I have been trying for several weeks to flash a 02 OS into my 01 ECM which everyone has told me makes the tuning process easier for the 01's. I have had no success, but I found that I am faulting a P1093 and that code can only be turned off in the 02 OS. Now nothing has been changed on the EFI Live except my tunes, I have been working on other cars and trucks with little problems. But I have had bad ones with my truck and ugly ones today.

I now can not get 7.5 out of my laptop so I can re install it for some reason! I am about to pull out my hair, I will admit some of this may be my fault, but I have been fighting this for several weeks and I am tired of not winning. I am still trying to do what I can on my end, but I am out of answers and need your help.

I checked a few threads relating to a similar problem and the answer they had for this was deleting the EXE. for both scan and tune, I did not know how to do this and still dont so I uninstalled both 7.4 and 7.5. 7.4 installed properly, but 7.5 is giving me fits. Going to try one or two more times then I am going to hit the hay so I can have a fresh mind about it in the morning.

Tony

PS if this is my doing I am going to kick myself!

horsehaulin
June 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Things are finally looking up! Got it to uninstall the 7.5 after five hours. Now I am reinstalling the 7.5 and hoping it works. Guess I need a little more patients, thats what happens when I work like I do and have four lil ones at home.

Sorry Ross for the attitude, but after five hours of fooling with this and it not working I got very upset and felt like I bought the wrong thing. Now that it is working and I see you are up just as late as I am, I know I bought the best on the market. Thanks for your help!

Tony

Again, sorry, let sleepiness and temper get the best of me.

horsehaulin
June 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Finally got it working after I busted my brains lastnight and went to bed thinking. Woke with a fresh mind and got to working on it and everything is now good to go. Thanks for the help.

Tony

joecar
June 5th, 2008, 05:26 AM
HH, what'd you have to do to get it going...?

horsehaulin
June 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Had to manually delete EFI Live, then unistall it, and reinstall it. Took me almost five hours last night, and thirty minutes today, but now seems to be working properly. I cant wait until I have my older Toshiba laptop with XP on it back from the repair shop! Maybe this thing wont happen with XP.

Tony

horsehaulin
June 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Tried a full reflash late last night and got the same error. I want to get this fixed for not only me, but for those that it is also happening to.

I can complete a full ECM Reflash if I use V7.4, but not in V7.5. I can still change the calibration to the tune I have in the truck, just not a complete reflash in V7.5. Laptop is a Toshiba A215 with Vista Home on it. Lets work together to get this glitch fixed as I am sure I am not the only one suffering this, others may not know if they can still recalibrate.

Thanks support team,
Tony

joecar
June 6th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Tony,

Can you do Help->About and see the build # for V7.4 (full flash works) and V7.5 (full flash fails).

horsehaulin
June 6th, 2008, 05:37 AM
7.5 (Build 36) Thus far atleast 25 full flash fails if not more.

7.4.2 (Build 662) Flash Scan is counting 97 on Reflash.

Cant find anything about full flash fails. Where would I look?

Tony

Blacky
June 6th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I think build 36 is pretty old, I think build 56 is the latest one.
Make sure you have the latest V7.5 available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8103

Regards
Paul

horsehaulin
June 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I dont want to go Beta! Is there any way around the Beta thing?

Tony

Blacky
June 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I dont want to go Beta! Is there any way around the Beta thing?

Tony

You can use the beta software without upgrading your FlashScan V2 device. If it does not fix the problem or makes things worse, you can re-install the current software from our web site download (or from your EFILive CD).

There is no permanent risk, just a bit of time to test it out.

Regards
Paul

horsehaulin
June 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I only have a V1 sir.

Tony

Blacky
June 6th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I only have a V1 sir.

Tony

The new beta software works fine with V1 as well.

Regards
Paul

horsehaulin
June 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Thus far I think I am not a guru when it comes to the Beta thing. My 7.5.3 is still not working as it should. Have tried figuring it out, but I think I am going to leave it to the greater minds.

Tony

tinman22
June 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
ok. I have had a similar problem trying to reflash the OS in an lb7 truck. my problem is it wont give me the option to do a full reflash.only the read and flash calibration tabs are colored. the OS tab is grayed out.
I currently have V7.53 build 36 on my laptop computer. I just downloaded the may 19th update to my desktop and noticed a new firmware update for the 7.5.3 names FSprog_V2_4_72.ffw. if I install this update to my laptop should I update the firmware to Version 72? and I assume this will keep working with the 7.5 software untill I update the firmware?

horsehaulin
June 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Glad to see you here Tinman22, hope both of us can get our issues worked out.

Tony

Blacky
June 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
V2.04.72 is the final firmware version in the V2.04 firmware level. If you are still using V2.04.xx you should be using V2.04.72. However, I don't think that will solve the re-flashing problem you are seeing.

I highly recommend upgrading to the new V7.5.4 and new FlashScan firmware as soon as the next "fully installable" beta version is released. I believe that will fix the reflash issues you are seeing.

I expect that to be by the end of this week - providing nothing serious goes wrong with testing during the week.

Regards
Paul

tinman22
June 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM
then I look forward to the weeks end. so I should not upgrade my laptop ( V7.5.3 build 36)
with the may 19th beta release (V7.5.4 build56) and wait till your next public release?

Blacky
June 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
It would be a waste of time upgrading to V7.5.3 then to V7.5.4.
V7.5.4 has everything that V7.5.3 has and then lots more.

Regards
Paul

tinman22
June 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I think we have a miscomunication. I have 7.5.3 build 36 on the lap top already. should I do the may 19th update which would give me 7.5.4 and the firmware update? or should I wait till the end of the week to see if you get the full release out?

Blacky
June 10th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Waiting would save an extra download and perhaps some headaches while making sure you copied all the right files for the current (non auto install) version of V7.5.4.

The next V7.5.4 update will be a 100% automated install.

Regards
Paul

horsehaulin
June 10th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Then I am am going to wait until the end of the week and hope this fixes my problem, if not I have a backup laptop with XP on it that I might just desginate as my EFI Live only laptop! Gives me a reason to buy a few things.

Tony

Sparky8370
September 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
ok. I have had a similar problem trying to reflash the OS in an lb7 truck. my problem is it wont give me the option to do a full reflash.only the read and flash calibration tabs are colored. the OS tab is grayed out.
I currently have V7.53 build 36 on my laptop computer. I just downloaded the may 19th update to my desktop and noticed a new firmware update for the 7.5.3 names FSprog_V2_4_72.ffw. if I install this update to my laptop should I update the firmware to Version 72? and I assume this will keep working with the 7.5 software untill I update the firmware?
I'm sure you figured this one out by now, but I had a similar problem recently. Until I realized that my V2 needed to be plugged into my laptop BEFORE I opened the tune tool software. If you don't do it in that order, the full flash option will not show up.

acrider2
September 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I'm sure you guys have things working now but I will still add to this. I see you are using Vista. On Vista you need to close the Tune tool and then right click and select run as administrator to be able to do a full flash. you don't need to do this for cal only just a full flash.