PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read DTC's

rdaniels
May 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I have a check engine light on my 2008 GMC Sierra Duramax. I'm using the latest firmware and software. EFILive says there are no DTC's. I cannot connect with my Actron. Went to Autozone tonight and their scanner would not connect either. Onstar says there is a fuel delivery code, see dealer within one day. EFILive will clear the code (light goes off) but it comes back as soon as started. Any ideas what to try?

Chuck CoW
May 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I have a check engine light on my 2008 GMC Sierra Duramax. I'm using the latest firmware and software. EFILive says there are no DTC's. I cannot connect with my Actron. Went to Autozone tonight and their scanner would not connect either. Onstar says there is a fuel delivery code, see dealer within one day. EFILive will clear the code (light goes off) but it comes back as soon as started. Any ideas what to try?

Hmmmmmmm... I tried to read codes from an 07 Duramx today and nothing happened....

I wonder if it's the same thing???

Chuck CoW

Blacky
May 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Try the update that will be made available Mon 19th May (US time) in this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Once you have that update installed, if the code is still not displayed correctly, select the FlashScan option that saves all diagnostics and copy the saved DTC file from FlashSCan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer. Then email the DTC file to me at paul@efilive.com

After saving the diagnostics, please also save the trace file and copy that to the PC using EFILive_Explorer as well and email it to me.
To save the Trace file: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.

Regards
Paul