PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous COS for 2006 E40?

KAZ MotorSports
May 19th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hey guys,

Hoping to find out if there is a nitrous COS available for an '06 GTO. I searched quite a bit this morning with no real resolution.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

-Kenny

WHYTRYZ06
May 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM
i dont think there is one...

GMPX
May 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry Kenny, there is no NOS custom OS for the E40.

Cheers,
Ross

KAZ MotorSports
May 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Any chance of one in the near future?

What are people with nitrous on these doing now?

Bummer...Kenny

ChipsByAl
May 19th, 2008, 12:42 PM
If your main concern is to retard the timing when the N2O is used you can do it like this. In table B5107, take the two top rows and enter in how much timing retard you want. Then install a 5-pin relay into the IAT sensor wiring with a calibrated resistor. A 20,000 ohm resistor works good. Have the relay actuated when the N20 is armed and you will get the retard without costing you timing when off the gas. If you need help with a schematic, let me know.
Al

KAZ MotorSports
May 20th, 2008, 01:26 AM
By all means Al. Please.

You should have my email from the Vortec PCM swap spreadsheets you sent me. If not let me know and I will PM it to you.

Thanks much,
-Kenny

GMPX
May 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Any chance of one in the near future?

You are the first person to ask from memory, so given the amount of R&D to add such features, probably pretty low.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
If your main concern is to retard the timing when the N2O is used you can do it like this. In table B5107, take the two top rows and enter in how much timing retard you want. Then install a 5-pin relay into the IAT sensor wiring with a calibrated resistor. A 20,000 ohm resistor works good. Have the relay actuated when the N20 is armed and you will get the retard without costing you timing when off the gas. If you need help with a schematic, let me know.
Al

Yep, this is how 06 TB SS guys run N20, basically force the ECM to think IATs are very low and then enter what retard you want to commanded. Works for them all the time, should work here too.:grin:

KAZ MotorSports
May 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM
You are the first person to ask from memory, so given the amount of R&D to add such features, probably pretty low.

Cheers,
Ross

I understand Ross and no worries. Sounds like what Al has in mind for me will work well.

ChipsByAl
May 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
This is a detailed description of how to retard your timing with the IAT sensor method.
First cut the brown or tan IAT sensor signal wire. Splice in the normally closed contacts of the relay to allow the IAT sensor wiring to remain intact. Add a calibrated resistor (ie. 22k or 47k ohms) to the switched side of the relay and the IAT ground lead. Connect the coil sides of the relay to the N20 enable circuit.
When the N20 is armed, the relay will engage and the PCM will see the desired IAT temperature. The correct table needs to be modified to allow this setup to be effective. For example on the 2006 GTO E40 use table {B5107}. Using the scan tool at an elevated idle, observe the actual timing while arming and disarming the system to verify its operation.

Note: If or when the vehicle actually experiences this commanded air temperature or below, the timing would be adjusted accordingly.