PDA

View Full Version : Looking for STFT & other pids

Chalky
May 20th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Just started using BBL and I am impressed. Just wonder when we will see more pids such as STFT just as an example.

Blacky
May 20th, 2008, 08:44 AM
You can edit the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\Options.ini
and create your own PID selections.

The PIDs you may choose from are listed in the appropriate files in the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\PID Descriptions.
(Also see the readme.txt file in that folder).

Make sure you keep the channel counts of all selected PIDs below:
24 for VPW controllers.
42 for CAN controllers.
The channel count for each PID is shown in square brackets in the PID description files.

Regards
Paul

Chalky
May 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Blacky:

I see where others have Had some success at this. Unfortunately, my guess is this is over my head. :)

Blacky
May 20th, 2008, 09:07 AM
There will eventually be software (EFILive V8) that will allow you to build the PID selection list like you do now with the EFILive Scan Tool software.

We just need to get BB Logging 100% stable, then we'll get the front-end software done for it.

Regards
Paul

Chalky
May 20th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I did take a look at the option.ini file. Looked pretty straight foward so I added SHORTFT1 and 2. See if it works.

I did some logging last night. I felt like I forgot my notebook. LOL!

Blacky
May 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM
so I added SHORTFT1 and 2.

Make sure you get the name right in the Options.ini file, they are:
SHRTFT1 and SHRTFT2

Regards
Paul

Hyper99
May 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Paul,

Since the V2 can log 24 channels in VPW and 42 in CAN, couldn't you make a PID table in the V2 memory of that size - 24 x 5 matrix or 42x5 matrix in place of /or in addition to the options.ini file.

The matrix would hold a number that would denote a specific PID id and the other four fields would allow the alarm -min/max/style/time variables. You would have to add a unique PID id number to each PID available for this to work. You could use the arrow keys to navigate the table in the V2.

If each PID had a unique identifier number and the table was of a static size, the table could be modified line by line using the V2 keypad and the arrow keys. This would allow the user to select a specific PID in the table - remove a specific pid, replace it in the table with a different number id, set the alarms, restart the V2 and start monitoring a different PID on the fly without the use of a laptop - truly making the handheld standalone :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(other than flashing Tunes and OS):blahblah:

If each PID had a unique number we could lookup any of the ones that we may need off of a lookup table on paper(for now), but at least we would have them available if by chance one is logging along and suddenly needs to check trans line pressure and the laptop is back at home.

Just my two and a half cents......

Hyper99

Blacky
May 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
That's pretty much how it is set up now. That table you mentioned exists and is 96 PIDs long (just to be "future proof"). It is populated with the PIDs from the Options.ini file when you select one of the options. It could just as easily be populated by a pid-by-pid selection by the user.

To select PIDs on the fly will not require much additional work. Just the user interface part. That will happen but stand-alone flashing and reading has a higher priority.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 21st, 2008, 10:21 AM
...stand-alone flashing and reading has a higher priority.

Regards
Paul

YES!!!!:cucumber:

Im loving BBL but I really bought my V2 for BBF, cant wait for that to come! Being able to have a tow tune, performance 91, regular 87, stock, plus probably at least a few more will be AWESOME!:cheers: