PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting bluetooth dongle...

mr.prick
May 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
...but is this a worth while addition ($95.00), or is it more of a luxury/gimmick?
is it as fast as direct usb for logging/emulating?
is there a usb bypass built in for direct connection, or must you swap cables?

5.7ute
May 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Where you plug in the USB cable on the roadrunner is the same connection as the bluetooth dongle so no,their is no bypass.
I have the Bluetooth dongle for mine but havent used it yet. It is supposedly a bit slower than the direct connection.

hquick
May 21st, 2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah...I was thinking about the bluetooth also.
Don't know yet....I love gadgets :grin:

mr.prick
May 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
i am wondering if i could just buy any ole` BT adapter
and a usb gender bender to make a "ghetto" dongle. :secret:
that way there is a direct connection without having to change
from the BT cable to the usb cable. :throw:

limited cv8r
May 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
read this post and see what you think. bluetooth is ok, if you really need/want it.
"bluetooth RR at last" posted in RR section pg5 I think.

Delco
May 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Bluetooth is slower BUT it doesnt cause the lockups and corruption of the RR files we occasionally experience , I have 5 RR setups , nowdays we dont use USB at all on any of them.

TAQuickness
May 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
The blue tooth is a worthwhile luxury.

You can fab your own custom cable allowing USB & BT connections with out having to swap cables.

I mainly use my BT to download calibration updates from my living room.

hquick
May 21st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hmm...sounds good to me.
Being able to connect to the Burb from inside the house.
I'm sold.

5.7ute
May 21st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hmm...sounds good to me.
Being able to connect to the Burb from inside the house.
I'm sold.

You could even connect from the pergola when you finish it.( If there is enough left over that is):pokey:

JezzaB
May 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
Ive got a BT RR Dongle in the shed. Tried to get it working under Vista 6 months ago with no luck. Might have a crack at it again.

Jez

hquick
May 22nd, 2008, 01:12 AM
You could even connect from the pergola when you finish it.( If there is enough left over that is):pokey:

Sshhhh!!!! Geez Mick...my wife could have heard that.
The pergola's not even started yet. :doh2:

ntae
May 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
I use bluetooth for setting up a base tune file , so i can sit at a table away from the car . I find the same a delco there are a few lock ups while tuning bluetooth . If i'm on the dyno i will plug in the USB cable

hquick
May 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
I must have read it wrong. I thought Delco was saying he gets less lockups with BT??
I ordered my RR last night :banana:

ntae
May 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
I must have read it wrong. I thought Delco was saying he gets less lockups with BT??
I ordered my RR last night :banana:

You are right

JezzaB
May 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I use bluetooth for setting up a base tune file , so i can sit at a table away from the car . I find the same a delco there are a few lock ups while tuning bluetooth . If i'm on the dyno i will plug in the USB cable

I sit down with the RR PCM, USB and a beer in the lounge room and setup my base tunes Geoff :p