PDA

View Full Version : V1 to V2 upgrade question.

BlackGMC
May 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
I am wanting to upgrade my V1 cable to V2. My purchase date Mar 2 2005 for the personal, i recently upgraded to the commercial about 6 months ago. So does this mean I will pay 399 or 549? Also when I upgrade do I get 2 new licenses?

Thanks

joecar
May 21st, 2008, 08:00 AM
I pm'd Tech Support for more info...

Meanwhile, here's some info on how the licenses work...

When you upgrade, in addition to V2 coming with 2 new licenses, you get to do one of these:
1. copy your used licenses and move the unused ones,
2. copy your used licenses only.

In both cases, you can program the same PCM(s) using V1 and V2.

In case 1, V1 ends up with no free licenses;
In case 2, V1 retains its free licenses;
In both cases new licenses cannot be added to V1.

In any case, V1 will still be able to program its licensed PCM(s).

Another alternative is to buy V2 as a non-upgrade, and sell V1...
in this case V1 retains is license adding ability and it's V1->V2 upgradeability.

Some people need V2 (CAN protocol, serial stream wideband AFR, multiple exteneded time BBL logs), while others would be better suited with V1 (simpler, more compact, 23 minutes BBL).

Cheers,
Joe

BlackGMC
May 21st, 2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the info joe! I will look into that stuff.

Blacky
May 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
I am wanting to upgrade my V1 cable to V2. My purchase date Mar 2 2005 for the personal, i recently upgraded to the commercial about 6 months ago. So does this mean I will pay 399 or 549? Also when I upgrade do I get 2 new licenses?

Thanks

V1 purchases prior to Sep 18, 2006 get the $399 upgrade price, so you do qualify for that. The date when you upgraded to Commercial is not a factor.

Yes, you get 2 new licenses with the V2 unit. Those 2 licenses get added to with whatever you choose to transfer from your V1 to your new V2.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
May 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
V1 purchases prior to Sep 18, 2006 get the $399 upgrade price, so you do qualify for that. The date when you upgraded to Commercial is not a factor.

Yes, you get 2 new licenses with the V2 unit. Those 2 licenses get added to with whatever you choose to transfer from your V1 to your new V2.

Regards
Paul

Cool, thanks for the response!!!!!