PDA

View Full Version : newbie

catman3126
May 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM
So what do I get with a new unit? how many dmaxes can I tune? (My dad has one also) can I tune anything in the transmission (allison)? and can I get make a custom message in the DIC like the ones show in someones avatar on here that says TUNED WITH EFILIVE? that would be awesome! I'm gonna buy one of these cause I have been reading alot over the last year or so and have heard of some guys make awesome power and also making some good fuel mileage tunes, also this DSP5 how does this work? does that mean I can switch between 5 different power levels on the fly? I see they are not that expensive for the switch and wiring. also who do I call to speak in person with someone about this, Thankyou in advance guys, Lee:grin:

the4wheeler
May 28th, 2008, 12:36 PM
you will git the the unit, obdII cable, usb cable, CD, a cuple header blocks and 2 vicheal licenses which will allow you to tune 2 trucks ( 2 ECM's and 2 TCMs)
from what i understand you can not change your DIC with custom messages
for the DSP5 you load a custom operating system along with the parameters for the 5 tunes
and you switch on the fly (not available for the LBZ motor)
there are several good vender's around that offer a race or tow tune or bonis items along with your purchase

The Neens
May 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
The only EFI Live vendors that I have dealt with are-

McRat Racing 951-270-0808, Kat McSwain

SoCal Diesel 661-775-5620, Guy Tripp

Both have excellent customer service and can get you started with a tune...

ChipsByAl
May 29th, 2008, 12:24 AM
You can make custom messages for the DIC, but they only show up during EFI_Live operations. They won't show while you are driving or during some other event.
Al

Blacky
May 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM
does that mean I can switch between 5 different power levels on the fly? I see they are not that expensive for the switch and wiring.

If you want to try out the DSP5 switchable tunes without wiring a switch, we are close to releasing an update to FlashScan that allows you to select which tune you want to run directly from a menu on the FlashScan screen.

Obviously a switch is faster far more convenient than connecting up FlashScan. But it is a good way to get started with DSP5 without worrying about wiring a switch.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
June 10th, 2008, 07:01 AM
If you want to try out the DSP5 switchable tunes without wiring a switch, we are close to releasing an update to FlashScan that allows you to select which tune you want to run directly from a menu on the FlashScan screen.

Obviously a switch is faster far more convenient than connecting up FlashScan. But it is a good way to get started with DSP5 without worrying about wiring a switch.

Regards
Paul

can I send my ecm to you and have it programmed and a dsp5 switch put in? or do I need to get the efi Live for myself? also it is possible to have lets say a 50 horse tune and 200 horse tune and a few others in between?

ScarabEpic22
June 10th, 2008, 10:17 AM
EFILive will not program it but if you send it to a tuner they can usually install DSP5 and a switch for you. This will cost you some money of course, but you wouldnt have to buy EFILive.

Trippin
June 12th, 2008, 08:08 AM
can I send my ecm to you and have it programmed and a dsp5 switch put in? or do I need to get the efi Live for myself? also it is possible to have lets say a 50 horse tune and 200 horse tune and a few others in between?

I'd be happy to tune your ECM for you and supply you with a DSP5 switch.

I have a 250hp tune and then we can progress down to a tow tune using the DSP5 switch.