PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have...

SSpdDmon
May 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM
...any injector data on the Motron/Siemens 60-lbers???

:secret:

redhardsupra
May 22nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
may the search box be with you! :)

eboggs_jkvl
May 22nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
I have them in my Camaro and they work? Other than that I'm done on injector data. :D

405HP_Z06
May 22nd, 2008, 02:28 AM
...any injector data on the Motron/Siemens 60-lbers???

:secret:

One of the most elusive pieces of data that I know of. :confused: I hope someone can help.:help2:

joecar
May 22nd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Howard posted this: showthread.php?t=4337&highlight=Motron (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4337&highlight=Motron)

405HP_Z06
May 22nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks Joecar :)

Now this brings up the next questions, how does this affect the values in the injector tables? Which injector tables are affected by which specifications?

Kevin Doe
May 22nd, 2008, 03:35 AM
I'm using them on my car, what do you need to know!

SSpdDmon
May 22nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
Specifically, I'm looking for a good B3701 map for the 60# Motrons. No luck just yet. The other data that Howard posted is great and I found that already. Basically, the stock settings in most of the other injector tables should be fine. The rest, I can tweak as needed.

FYI for those of you playing with injectors - Min. Pulse width will limit the PCM's pulse width calculation based on what it knows to be true about fuel pressure, VE, MAF, injector flow rates, etc. The IPW Voltage adjustment AND Small Pulse Adjust values are then ADDED ON TOP OF the PCM's IPW calculation. So, if you have issues with big injectors running rich at idle or on decel, you may be bottoming out on the min. IPW and then adding the Voltage Offset and Small Pulse Adjust on top of that. Zeroing out or even placing negative numbers in the small pulse adjust table may help to solve the problem. Getting the right voltage map is what you want to do from the start (my problem). Just make sure the values, once added together (min PW + voltage + small pulse adjust) don't go below the injector's rated minimum pulse width. :)

Kevin Doe
May 22nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
When I get home I'll email you my tune.

SSpdDmon
May 22nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x213/SJSchafer/tuning%20stuff/offsets2.gif

For anyone interested, I found this over at HPT.

(These offset numbers were derived from) A custom built and calibrated flow bench, that measures IFRs and offsets (among other things) at a rail pressure of 58psi using gasoline (not heptane) at 120*f. The offsets were derived by flowing them at pressure differentials that are the equivalent of the differentials cause by a consistent 58psi to the rail and changing vacuum. They were tested under all these conditions from (iirc) 9 volts to 16 volts in .5v increments. Those were used as the base and I calculated the numbers below 9 volts and above 16 volts by extrapolating on the trends. Where that method is not, by any means, the most exact way to get the upper and lower numbers, you've got other problems if you are operating in those areas anyway.

So basically, the data for 9~16V should be fairly accurate. Take note of the manvac +/-'s. You want the numbers on the right side of the table. Judging by the way the numbers worked out, they appear to be very close to the stock values for my 99 LS1 (within 10% of the stock values for the 12-14v range).

405HP_Z06
May 23rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Compliments of RedHardSupra, I translated the injector tables from an HPT file to EFILive. Here are two scripts with injector data for these injectors, both metric and imperial versions for the Gen III LSx.

Please read the notes in the script for details.
There are 4 scripts in the .zip file.
Imperial and Metric MAP referenced for trucks
Imperial and Metric unreferenced for cars (e.g. Corvette, Camaro)

Please let me know if there are any errors or changes that will improve the script.