PDA

View Full Version : Ls1 Cpu In Sbc

akafred
May 22nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
i want to add the reluctor wheel and cam sensor to my lt1 and use a ls1 computer in it.

i think it should work the main concern is the firing order. i realize that i can just swap the coil wires and injector wires in the harness.

doing this will throw off fueling because when it adds fuel to one bank it will only add to 3 Cly and 1 on the other bank.

also does anyone have information on the 24x reluctor wheel? it look like it outputs a pattern of long pulses and shorter pulses. has anyone mapped this pattern relative to tdc?

also the where relive to tdc does the cam sensor go from low to high?

ScarabEpic22
May 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Ive heard of some guys just swapping ignition coils to match the LT1 firing order, hopefully they'll jump in here soon. Sorry I cant help more on the reluctor wheel, Ive got an oddball engine.

limited cv8r
May 22nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
This table B3704 may help for injector allocation.

akafred
May 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
This table B3704 may help for injector allocation.

so i can just rewire and and alocate to the correct bank?

now if i had a pulse map for the crank sensor id be set to get a custom wheel cut.

Harrismarine
May 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have remote mounted the 24 tooth wheel behind the harmonic balancer with good success on some motors, you need the correct cam wheel sensor for best starting but its not essential.

I have the info you need on the wheel but cannot seem to post it I could email to to you

akafred
May 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM
sent you a pm

when does the cam sensor go from high to low? tdc? compression or exhaust?

I have remote mounted the 24 tooth wheel behind the harmonic balancer with good success on some motors, you need the correct cam wheel sensor for best starting but its not essential.

I have the info you need on the wheel but cannot seem to post it I could email to to you

joecar
May 24th, 2008, 07:08 AM

I have the info you need on the wheel but cannot seem to post it I could email to to youI can help you post it... click on my username to the left of this post -> Send email to joecar.

Harrismarine
May 24th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Have emailed both of you:cheers:

akafred
May 24th, 2008, 01:48 PM
thanks that is exactly what i needed.

Have emailed both of you:cheers:

akafred
May 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM
where can you buy the ls1 pcm connectors? i have a complete spare lt1 harness it may be cheaper to modify it then buy a ls1 harness and chop it up.

Harrismarine
May 25th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Try here http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/100w.aspx

Mike

joecar
May 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Have emailed both of you:cheers:Mike,
Here are both docs...
Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

Harrismarine
May 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Thats the cam deg, I have sent you the Crank one which then should make sense:doh2:

akafred
May 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM
does that start at cyl tdc on compression or exhaust? i am asuming its compression.

Mike,

Here is the doc you sent me...

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

joecar
May 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Mike, I added the 2nd doc to post #12.

joecar
May 26th, 2008, 07:16 AM
does that start at cyl tdc on compression or exhaust? i am asuming its compression.The crank waveform starts at TDC regardless of the stroke.

The cam waveform determines the stroke, but I don't remember which stroke coresponds to cam signal high (I can't find my notes on this...)

akafred
May 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM
the cam is the one i am worried about.

The crank waveform starts at TDC regardless of the stroke.

The cam waveform determines the stroke, but I don't remember which stroke coresponds to cam signal high (I can't find my notes on this...)

scuzz
May 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
You might want to get hold of www.eficonnection.com. S10Wildside helped me with changing L31 over to 2002 12200411 computer.
He now has figured out the reluctor and has a Ramjet engine running with coilpacks and LSX stuff.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8148

akafred
May 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM
my car doesnt have the 4x reluctor wheel. i am taking a diffrent approch.

how well does it run with such a small reluctor wheel? with a 3deg gap on such a small wheel you might not get a decent signal..

Badassbird
December 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM
As stated earlier in this thread by limited cv8r, is this table standard issue in EFI Live or is this custom.

joecar
December 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
BAB, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

That table comes standard in the GM 99-08 Gen III engine calibrations (and possibly others).

Badassbird
December 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Is there any way i could get a hold of some screen shots for this feature so i can take a look. The one below is very low quality and I couldnt really make anything out. I have used HP from the beginning but they dont have this and it just may make me change.

ScarabEpic22
December 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Go to the main efilive.com page and just download the whole software package, then open up a few tunes that are included and at holdencrazy.com. We dont need no stinkin' screenshots when you can look at the tables for yourself! :D

joecar
December 12th, 2008, 05:11 AM
That's right, goto http://www.efilive.com and click on Downloads.

Download the 7.5.5 software, it is the actual software -> without the cable it lets you view log files (real samples provided) and edit tune files (real samples provided)... you can play with the tables yourself.

Also there are scantool and tunetool user manual PDF's.