PDA

View Full Version : 07 Cobalt SS IFR wierdness????

Chuck CoW
May 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
07 Cobalt SS IFR wierdness????

Ok, So this guy comes in with a Cobalt SS today and it's running like shit.....

I tuned him several months ago and all was good....

I discover he decided to replace the 42lbhr stock injectors with 60's and an injector harness change....WITHOUT TELLING ME!:doh2:

So, not a big deal to just re-scale the IFR table....BUT>>>>>

When converting the IFR table to LBHR from grams, EFI LIVE imposes limits of 0-1.05 for the LBS/HR of the injector table.

WTF? How do I deal with this??? None of the #'s make sense....All I did for now was scale the IFR table up by 30% to make it better, but when doing so...I noticed that the right third of the IFR graph MAXXED OUT and the sloped line of IFR went flat at the top.

Why isn't the IFR table looking normal like other type cals????

Any thoughts???
Chuck CoW

MICK
May 23rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Chuck,

There might be a upper hard limit on the IFR that you have exceeded.

Ross the boss is the one to answer that question.

If your stuck on it, lower fuel pressure a little and this will act like the injectors are a little smaller then what they are and bring you back to workable limits that you have.

Cheers

Mick

Chuck CoW
May 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Chuck,

There might be a upper hard limit on the IFR that you have exceeded.

Ross the boss is the one to answer that question.

If your stuck on it, lower fuel pressure a little and this will act like the injectors are a little smaller then what they are and bring you back to workable limits that you have.

Cheers

Mick

The problem is...... I've changed the IFR table to show LBS/HR and and the upper limit is "2" in EFI LIVE....

WTF?

Chuck Cow

GMPX
May 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Chuck, I forwarded the link to Paul, I set all the tables up in Metric and it's fine in that mode. I believe the software does the conversion, shoot him a PM about it.

Cheers,
Ross

dennisscars
February 28th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Was there a solution for this? I'm having the same problems with 60's with an upper limit of 1.0582 lbs/min or 7.9999 g/sec.

GMPX
March 1st, 2009, 10:58 AM
7.9999 g/sec.
That is the mathematical limit in that PCM, you can't go higher, same issue on the E40, E38 and E67.
7.9999 g/sec = $FFFF , not much more we can do.

Cheers,
Ross