PDA

View Full Version : EFILive 7.3 pre-release software is now available

Blacky
August 14th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Download the latest EFILive V7.3 pre-release software here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_730.html
A complete CD-based software installation package will be available soon.
Please post any issues in this thread.

Regards
Paul

SinisterSS
August 14th, 2005, 05:39 AM
It is either my imagination or the software is much faster at processing user input and displaying graphs, etc. Probably not my imagination... :D

dbaxter_ss
August 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I noticed that also :D

Still trying to figure out how gm stuffed all this stuff into less then 1mb :D

Dirk Diggler
August 14th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Woot the idle trim pids were added in this release and i have allready tested it out and used it

bink
August 14th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Woot the idle trim pids were added in this release and i have allready tested it out and used it

Thanks for the hint :D . I was going to wait till later......now I'll do it now. Suspense eats at me! :lol:

jfpilla
August 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM

In the scanner? What are they named? I can't find them.
Thanks
joe

Black02SS
August 14th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Yes in the scanner, they are under "Idle". Also, if you click more info on them it will give you a nice description along with the field in Live they correspond to.

bink
August 14th, 2005, 03:29 PM

How did it go, Dirk?

Looks like we scan all idle airflow determinants and the various contributions!! :D

My son said kiddingly, " you guys have too many parameters, you need a slide bar with "Good" at one end and "Best" at the other end." I laughed then...but.......EFILive is making tuning a heck of a lot easier ( I don't think I'd like the slide bar).

Cheers,
joel

bink
August 14th, 2005, 03:33 PM

In the scanner? What are they named? I can't find them.
Thanks
joe

They're " IAC_xxx_DMA" pids, Joe.

Long Term Correction In Gear AC Off

Short Term Correction In Gear AC Off etc.

Cheers,
joel

Blacky
August 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Not all PCM's idle DMA PIDs have been configured yet. Some PCMs may still show them as unsupported.
Ross is working on adding in the rest of the PIDs over the next few days. So if your PCM shows some or all idle PIDs as unsupported just wait for the next update for them to be available.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
August 14th, 2005, 03:38 PM
If anyone is considering running the new V3 O.S PLEASE, PLEASE read the new custom O.S pdf in the documents folder.
You can run this on a non boosted car no worries, once you do you'll never look back.
2003 and some 2004 O.S are being updated today/tommorrow so if you see them missing they will be out soon.

Cheers,
Ross

jfpilla
August 14th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Found them. Thanks.

Highlander
August 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
If anyone is considering running the new V3 O.S PLEASE, PLEASE read the new custom O.S pdf in the documents folder.
You can run this on a non boosted car no worries, once you do you'll never look back.
2003 and some 2004 O.S are being updated today/tommorrow so if you see them missing they will be out soon.

Cheers,
Ross

Quite right!

AGRO
August 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I have been playing with the new update, all i can say is, you efi live people are freaks! well done guys, its perfect, no better than perfect!

mistermike
August 14th, 2005, 11:15 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Would this be using unscaled 1 bar sensor, and everything would behave as normal? The new MAP / RPM / AFR table is likely to be pretty appealing to a lot of N/A folks.

GMPX
August 14th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah Mike, no need to do anything with the MAP sensor scaling if running the 1bar sensor on a N/A car.

You know we have been trading Emails over the last few weeks, I had no idea you were 'mistermike' until Paul told me :oops:
I'm still pondering the Baro question :?

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
August 15th, 2005, 12:00 AM
I did an ooops.
I sent Paul a standard GM O.S for 05120002, will update to the correct file in the morning.

Sorry,
Ross

mistermike
August 15th, 2005, 12:18 AM
... I had no idea you were 'mistermike' until Paul told me...

Uh Oh. Now you KNOW I'm hoplessly insane! Whatever you do, don't ever go to www.ls1gto.com or your worst suspicions will be confirmed. Oh, what the hell
Linky1 (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10053)
Linky2 (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10054)

Actually, today I'm going to full flash yesterday's v3 O/S in dead poll, and apply the "starter" cal to that so I'm fully up to date. I'll see how the baro and 2 bar PID behaves and whether I can get a CKP relearn to "stick." I broke the "tittie" off my 2 bar sensor and the PC7 should be cured by now. :oops:

Scoota
August 15th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Ross,
Who ever said that variable speed limiting couldn't be done with valet mode, just dial in the speed on the fly through the trip computer and 'wam bam thankyou mam' set what ever speed you want. Works just fine.
I'll fill you in later.

Cheers Scotty.

SinisterSS
August 15th, 2005, 10:26 AM
One cannot change the units to Imperial in the EFILive custom parameters section.

Metric is just so wrong on so many levels even though *they* would like you to believe otherwise. :D

Black02SS
August 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
... I had no idea you were 'mistermike' until Paul told me...

Uh Oh. Now you KNOW I'm hoplessly insane! Whatever you do, don't ever go to www.ls1gto.com or your worst suspicions will be confirmed. Oh, what the hell

Actually, today I'm going to full flash yesterday's v3 O/S in dead poll, and apply the "starter" cal to that so I'm fully up to date. I'll see how the baro and 2 bar PID behaves and whether I can get a CKP relearn to "stick." I broke the "tittie" off my 2 bar sensor and the PC7 should be cured by now. :oops:

You guys have to click the links. :lol: That is some of the funniest things I have ever seen.

joecar
August 15th, 2005, 12:26 PM
He he he he he he he he he...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's Very Good.

Blacky
August 15th, 2005, 12:27 PM
One cannot change the units to Imperial in the EFILive custom parameters section.

Metric is just so wrong on so many levels even though *they* would like you to believe otherwise. :D

I think that only A0012 and A0013 are incorrectly fixed at Kmh, they will be fixed.
Paul

TAQuickness
August 15th, 2005, 12:36 PM

ROTFLMAO - Hands down the best psycic horsepower i've ever seen!

jnorris
August 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Not all PCM's idle DMA PIDs have been configured yet. Some PCMs may still show them as unsupported.
Ross is working on adding in the rest of the PIDs over the next few days. So if your PCM shows some or all idle PIDs as unsupported just wait for the next update for them to be available.

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Will these PIDs be supported in the 98 PCMs?

Thanks

John

Blacky
August 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Thanks

John

That's up to Ross (GMPX), I heard him muttering something about the 98 idle PIDs a few days ago. However, I am not sure that they even exist in the 98 PCM.

Paul

GMPX
August 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Rick, I love the new website...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Metric_Movement

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
August 15th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Paul,

Thanks

John

Yes, I will do as many as I can, even between a 99 and a 01 O.S they changed things in the idle routines a fair amount, lets hope that 1998 was not another strange one.

Cheers,
Ross

SinisterSS
August 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Rick, I love the new website...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Metric_Movement

Cheers,
Ross

Here's where metric went wrong - everything should have been left in the base units. This whole "let's name things after guys like Newton and Pascal" is wrong, wrong, wrong.

To make metric right, "Newton" (and the rest) need to trashed and the units left in the kg*m*s^-2, etc.

If metric were truly "correct" it would be consistent and universally understood anywhere. Imagine trying to explain to an alien race what a Newton, Pascal, Watt, etc. or even time in seconds were all about. "You see, there was this dude, and an apple fell on his head...."

Metric isn't the be-all end-all of unit systems; it is the rest of the world's way to piss off Americans. :P

The units of pressure I actually prefer in kPa. But kph? What the heck is that? kangaroos per hill? NEVER! It's all about miles per hour.

BTW, our math system is broken as well. How come every number works until you take the square root of -1? Hmm? Exactly, it is messed up!

Somebody will invent a better way someday....and don't give me this i crap and say it isn't broken. :D

joecar
August 15th, 2005, 02:42 PM
...to explain to an alien race...
Rick, you're supposed to shoot aliens because their intent is to anhilate us earthlings
(references: ID4, WotW, and alot of other sci fi's; also Twilight Zone "To Serve Man"...),
so I won't be explaining metricfication to them....
:D

Blacky
August 15th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Metric isn't the be-all end-all of unit systems; it is the rest of the world's way to piss off Americans. :P

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

joecar
August 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

Doesn't worry me, I learnt both (I was in 5th grade when Australia officially went metric).

And sometimes I use other strange units like dynes and ergs (but not too often since I don't like these).

SinisterSS
August 15th, 2005, 03:02 PM
To wage war with an alien race, we'll just teach them the metric system and i and their civilization will self implode. :lol:

GMPX
August 15th, 2005, 03:14 PM
The units of pressure I actually prefer in kPa. But kph? What the heck is that? kangaroos per hill? NEVER! It's all about miles per hour.

1centimeter = 10millimeters
10centimeters = 100millimeters
1Meter = 100centimeters
10Meters = 1000centimeters
1Kilometer = 1000Meters

It's all about even numbers.
How many feet per mile?
How many inches per 1/2 mile, full mile?
Can someone pass me that 32/98th wrench, is that bigger than a 3/28th,WFT were they thinking?, 8mm, 9mm, 12mm it's just too easy.
Lets not even get the poms involved in this with that whitworth (sp?) system, no wonder british cars are what they are :wink:

Does your car have a 5.7L motor or a 346 cubic inch motor?.

Now, back onto EFILive v7.3 (or in imperial 7.24/16ths).

Cheers,
Ross

SinisterSS
August 15th, 2005, 03:18 PM
That's the best you can do?

So let's add k to mph.

Thus 2.2 kmph = 2200 mph.

There, the same "even" numbers.

Try again..... :D

Blacky
August 15th, 2005, 06:10 PM
And....my GTS gets 190,513 rods per hogshead :shock: :shock: :shock:

And just to clarify, a hogshead is 63 gallons, and there are 320 rods in a mile.
Or in SI units, a hogshead is 238.5 liters and there are 198.8 rods per km.

Stop it before my head explodes!!!

Paul

joecar
August 16th, 2005, 03:13 AM
He he he he :lol: :lol: :lol:

12 inches = 1 foot
3 feet = 1 yard
5.5 yards = 1 rod = 1 pole = 1 perch
4 rods = 1 chain
10 chains = 1 furlong
8 furlongs = 1 mile
3 miles = 1 league

6 feet = 1 fathom
25 links = 1 rod

Ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

dfe1
August 16th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Now if you guys were really on top of your game, you'd be having this conversation in hexadecimal-- or octal.

Blacky
August 16th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Now if you guys were really on top of your game, you'd be having this conversation in hexadecimal-- or octal.

Something like this...

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that can count in binary and those that can't. 8) 8)

Paul

Tordne
August 16th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Something like this...

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that can count in binary and those that can't. 8) 8)

Paul

If you are 01 of them, then I must be the other 01 of the 10 :D :D :D

Highlander
August 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM

Something like this...

Paul

that one I liked!

joecar
August 16th, 2005, 12:19 PM
00008: 0031 56 PUSH ESI
00008: 0032 55 PUSH EBP
00008: 0033 FF 74 24 24 PUSH DWORD PTR 00000024[ESP]
00008: 0037 E8 00000000 CALL SHORT isr
00008: 003C 83 C4 0C ADD ESP, 0000000C
00008: 003F 85 C0 TEST EAX, EAX
00008: 0041 74 12 JE L0004

dfe1
August 16th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Actually, of the 10 types of people in the world, F know how to count in binary.

Tordne
August 16th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Actually, of the 10 types of people in the world, F know how to count in binary.

Isn't that F know how to count in Hex :wink:

Scoota
August 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Guy's Guys, Guys, All this stuff about Inches, feet, yards and miles.
Look I'm not an imperial person but the only figure that sping to mind is 12inches, because thats what she likes. :shock: :lol:
That when imperial is ok.

Cheers Scotty.

GMPX
August 16th, 2005, 04:55 PM
This thread gets my vote as the most off topic ever!!, we've gone from a new EFILive release to measuring ones private parts. Where else but the internet.

Cheers,
Ross

Scoota
August 16th, 2005, 05:01 PM
When would you ever talk imperial other than that.
Thats all it's good for.

Cheers Scotty.

mistermike
August 16th, 2005, 11:21 PM
This thread gets my vote as the most off topic ever!!, we've gone from a new EFILive release to measuring ones private parts. Where else but the internet.

Cheers,
RossWhat a hijack. Puds trump cars, I guess. I'll stay with metric there, when I told her I was 9 1/2 cm, she just melted. :shock:

dfe1
August 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM
"What a hijack. Puds trump cars, I guess. I'll stay with metric there, when I told her I was 9 1/2 cm, she just melted."

I think you've gotten centimeters confused with millimeters.

dbaxter_ss
August 17th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Something like this...

Paul

:'( AAAAAA, just way to many years programming and working at Microsoft. I read right on by this and didn't blink and eye.

Ha wanna drive someone nuts, my boss is watching me tune his z06. Some of the stuff I do in imperial, some in metric. Try explaining why one table is easier to read imperial and the other is easier in metric. :D

dfe1
August 17th, 2005, 02:56 PM
If you want to confuse him even more, try mixing up kPa and bar, then jump over to inches of Mercury and/or psi. That should really get him mumbling to himself.

bink
August 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot.

TOO DAMN FUNNY!!!!!

Ross, this is one of your best. ( we really need more emoticons - I could use the guy pounding his fist on the floor as he laughs hysterically)

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants!

Cheers,
joel

jfpilla
August 17th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot.

TOO DAMN FUNNY!!!!!

Ross, this is one of your best. ( we really need more emoticons - I could use the guy pounding his fist on the floor as he laughs hysterically)

Cheers,
joel

Joel,
Soon you won't need a reason. :oops:
Sorry I couldn't help it.
Joe

joecar
August 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is so funny, there isn't the right emoticon for it....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SSbaby
August 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry for being pedantic... but i love my Flashscan so much that I often notice the typo errors. :wink:

{B4308} - Idle Airflow Parked - 'Airflow' is spelt incorrectly
{B4315} - Throttle Follower Airflow - 'Airflow' is spelt incorrectly
{B4316} - Throttle Follower RPM - 'Throttle' is spelt incorrectly

Cheers

GMPX
August 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Sorry for being pedantic... but i love my Flashscan so much that I often notice the typo errors. :wink:

Cheers

Is that with the latest .cal files?.
We ran it all through a spell checker :?

Cheers,
Ross

jfpilla
August 18th, 2005, 04:07 PM

Cheers

Cheers,
Ross

Throttle follower rpm is wrong. ie:thottle.

SSbaby
August 18th, 2005, 05:37 PM

Cheers

Cheers,
Ross

Yes, Ross. I even extracted v7.3 files... same typos.

Blacky
August 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Yes, Ross. I even extracted v7.3 files... same typos.

Are you sure? Those typos don't exist here in 7.3 - it may be that the files I am using have been fixed but not released. I am using V7.61 cal files.

Goto the calibration window (Ctrl+F2) and make sure the cal file version you are using is 7.61 and the date is August 14, 2005.

Regards
Paul

Black02SS
August 18th, 2005, 11:40 PM
FYI - I am using the same cal here Paul and don't see the typo's.

Dirk Diggler
August 18th, 2005, 11:51 PM
me either i didnt want to sound foolish but i didnt see them