PDA

View Full Version : Not able to reflash

duramaxdaddy29
May 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
C:\ProgramFiles\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\PCMLock s.ini. Access Denied

I have an early 2004 LB7 Duramax. I get this message after a full reflash. It says reflash complete and after the countdown this message appears and I am lost.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Tordne
May 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Try making yourself an 'Administrator' on the machine. This is a security thing which has been applied to Vista (which I assume you must be running).

duramaxdaddy29
May 24th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I think that I am because I'm the only log in on the laptop and yes it's Vista.

duramaxdaddy29
May 24th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I am the Administrater for sure..I hope you can still help.

joecar
May 25th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Check that PCMLocks.ini does not have the Read Only attribute set.

duramaxdaddy29
May 26th, 2008, 03:35 AM
How do I check that setting?

joecar
May 26th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Open a windows explorer and browse to the folder containing that file,
then put the cursor on that file and go rightclick->properties...
if the Read Only attribute is checked, uncheck it and hit OK.

duramaxdaddy29
May 26th, 2008, 04:15 PM
OK I right clicked on it and clicked the checked read only and when I clicked apply or ok it said error occurred
E:\InstDoc\ReadMe\rtf. access denied

and this is what I got when I opened it. And number ten says something about my problem I think but I don't know what to do. Two of these files popped up.

Important and late-breaking information for V7.5

1. EFILive V7.5 co-exists with EFILive V7.4
You are not required to uninstall EFILive V7.4 prior to installing V7.5. Both versions can co-exist on the same computer. This is possible because EFILive V7.5 is installed in a different folder and uses different locations to store data.

2. AFTER installing EFILive V7.5

Make sure you are using the latest EFILive FlashScan USB drivers.

For Windows-98 and Windows-ME users, please use the V3.01.04 USB drivers available in the folder: \Drivers\FlashScan\Win98-Me

For Windows-2000, Windows-XP and Windows-Vista users, please use the 2.02.04 USB drivers available in the folder: \Drivers\FlashScan\Win-2K-XP-Vista. These drivers are certified by Microsoft to be 100% compatible with all versions of Windows from Win2K onwards.

To completely uninstall ALL EFILive USB drivers, please use the FTClean utility.

3. Update your FlashScan V2 Firmware
If you are using FlashScan V2, please run the FlashScan V2 firmware programmer to update your FlashScan V2 device with the latest firmware.
Select the Windows Start menu->All Programs->EFILive V7.5->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
The firmware included with this release is version V2.04.70 and can be found here: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\FSProg_V2_4_70.ffw

4. Windows Open File Dialog Box crash
A known fault in Windows' Open File Dialog Box may crash the EFILive software causing you to lose ALL unsaved data. To prevent the fault from occurring:
Start Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer).
Select menu option: Tools->Folder Options.
Select the [View] tab page.
Un-check "Show Pop-up description for folder and desktop items".

5. Virtual Dashboards
To preserve virtual dashboard customizations the EFILive installer does NOT overwrite the current dashboards settings.
Once the installation is complete, you may select the Scan Tool menu option: Dashboards->Recall installation defaults to replace the existing dashboard settings with the new settings.

6. Behavior during reading/reflashing the PCM:
On some vehicles, the radio will be automatically switched off while reading or reprogramming the PCM. EFILive recommends switching off ALL accessories prior to reading or reflashing your PCM.
The DIC (Driver Information Console) may briefly display communications trouble codes at the conclusion of a successful read or reflash of the PCM. This is normal and EFILive instructs the DIC to clear the comms trouble codes after about 1-2 seconds.
After reading or reflashing a PCM, some vehicle's fuel used indicator may be slightly higher or lower than it was prior to the read or reflash attempt.

7. Black Box Logging with FlashScan V1 (and DMA PIDs):
If you plan to log any DMA PIDs using FlashScan's Black Box logging feature then you must ensure that the target PCM's operating system is displayed correctly in the status bar next to the VIN. Use FlashScan's remote PID validation feature to obtain the correct operating system, or select it from the menu option: File->Enter VIN.

8. Black Box Logging with FlashScan V1 (and Multiple {SAE.ECT} PIDs):
If you do not select a full compliment of PIDs to log during Black Box logging, the unused channels will be allocated to the {SAE.ECT} Engine Coolant PID.
That may cause the {SAE.ECT} PID to show up multiple times in the Black Box logged data. (Note: Prior to V7.3.011, EFILive used the {SAE.TP} PID instead of the {SAE.ECT} PID).

9. Validating PIDs:
After upgrading from EFILive V7.1 or earlier, previously validated PIDs may be marked as "not supported", they will be displayed with a red cross through their icon on the [PIDs (F8)] tab page.
Once a connection has been made to each new vehicle, you should manually validate PIDs (if EFILive does not validate them automatically) by selecting the menu option: Info->Validate PIDs or pressing the hotkey Shift+F2.
If a connection will not be made with this computer, you may use FlashScan to validate the PIDs remotely, or copy the appropriate *.vpl and *.vml files from your laptop computer into the folder: My Documents\EFILive\V7\PIDs.

10. PCM_Locks.ini
From V7.4 onwards, the file PCM_Locks.ini is no longer stored in the current "bin" folder. It is now stored in the \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration folder. The first time EFILive V7.5 attempts to update the PCM_Locks.ini file, it will be moved from the "bins" folder to the "configuration" folder (if it has not already been moved). Please note, if multiple PCMLocks.ini files have been created on your computer, only one will be copied to the new destination folder. To better manage your PCM locks, you may wish to manually copy (i.e. copy and paste) the data from all other PCMlocks.ini into the new file.

Known issues in V7.5

Virtual VE Table Editing:
If you are editing the VE coefficients in an E38/E67 and want those edits to remain in place when you save the file - make sure the VVE tables are not open or even modified. If the VVE tables are open or modified, then when you save the file the coefficients are regenerated from the VVE table just prior to saving the file. That will overwrite any manual changes you have made to the coefficients table.

E38 & E67 Locking:
On vehicles that use a rolling security code (i.e. Corvettes) there may be a chance that the PCM locking routines could cause a no-start condition. In that case you will need access to a Tech2 to re-link the VATS.

E38 & E67 Full Flashing:
EFILive full flashing of these ECM's does NOT include the writing of the boot block OR the ETC CPU. The purpose of the full flash is to only apply custom OS patches as EFILive releases them.
PLEASE read the warnings that are displayed when you full flash one of these controllers.
For changing or updating boot blocks and/or ETC calibrations, we recommend using GM's TIS/Tech2 programming system.

High Speed CAN Scan Tool logging:
When using high speed logging with CAN based controllers (i.e. LS2, LBZ/LMM) the data rate is 40 frames per second. Laptops that could easily keep up with VPW based controllers (i.e. LS1, LB7/LLY) at only 10 frames per second, may not be fast enough to keep up with the CAN controllers.
To test whether your laptop is fast enough, activate the Profile window (View->Profile window Ctrl+Y). When logging CAN data the Frames/sec value displayed in the Profile window should not drop below 39 fps for an extended period. If it does, please set: Properties->Playback->Display update frequency->Automatic to checked.

RoadRunner:
Don't start EFILive with RR connected if the RR USB-Serial COM port drivers are NOT installed correctly. It may cause the EFILive Tuning Tool software to freeze. The only way to recover is to reboot the machine.

Speedo:
Speedo calculator is producing crazy numbers for the E38 and E67 controllers. Don't use the speedo calculator for those controllers; instead manually change the speedo settings until a software fix is available.

DO NOT "full-flash" a Duramax ECM from any operating system later than 2001 back to a 2001 operating system. It will cause the "oil life" value in the PCM to freeze and become unresponsive to all attempts to reset it.

When PIDs are validated using the remote Black Box logging feature of the FlashScan cable, some ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) PIDs are incorrectly marked as invalid (not supported). We recommend using a laptop PC to correctly validate ETC PIDs. The PIDs affected are:
{GM.ETCPP1} ETC Pedal Position 1
{GM.ETCPP2} ETC Pedal Position 2
{GM.ETCPP3} ETC Pedal Position 3
{GM.ETCPPS1} ETC Pedal Sensor 1 Voltage 0-5V
{GM.ETCPPS2} ETC Pedal Sensor 2 Voltage 5-0V
{GM.ETCPPS3} ETC Pedal Sensor 3 Voltage 5-0V
{GM.ETCTP1} ETC Throttle 1
{GM.ETCTP2} ETC Throttle 2
{GM.ETCTPS1} ETC Throttle 2 Sensor Voltage 5-1V
{GM.ETCTPS2}. ETC Throttle 1 Sensor Voltage 0-5V

The ETC PIDs listed above cannot be scanned in Dynamic, 5x2fps or 10x24fps mode. You can only scan those PIDs using Generic Scan Mode. This limitation is imposed by the PCM due to the latency of the PCM/ETC PID gateway. This also means that in Black Box logging mode, FlashScan cannot scan them.

During Black Box logging the external PIDs, {EXT.ADn}, {EXT.SWn} and {EXT.TEMPn} will always appear in the logged data whether you have them selected or not. If no voltage is applied to the A/D inputs, they will display invalid data and should be ignored. If no thermocouple probe is connected, it will display 0°C or 32°F.

Diagnostic trouble code, freeze frame data retrieval is not yet implemented for CAN based vehicles (i.e. LS2 and LBZ). That feature will be made available in a future software update. Note: You can record and view freeze frame data using FlashScan V2 in standalone mode on CAN vehicles.

· If you double click on a cell (or otherwise cause a cell to enter edit mode) in the tuning tool while RTACS is active then that cell will receive all the RTACS update messages rather than the correct cell(s).

Keep your EFILive software up to date

Please visit http://www.efilive.com/downloads for updates, additions and other useful data and information.

This file was last updated Dec 20, 2007

duramaxdaddy29
May 26th, 2008, 04:18 PM
And I do mean unchecked the read only(above) sorry.

duramaxdaddy29
May 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Actually when I took my EFILive cd out I can't find that document. Where would I look?

joecar
May 27th, 2008, 02:03 AM
E:\InstDoc\ReadMe\rtf.

Drive E:...?

Didn't you install to you hard drive...?

duramaxdaddy29
May 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Alright!!!!! your a great person so I uninstalled it and then installed it again and she runs like a dream man I'm a lot happier thanks for everything.
PS... I got it to break loose in second and third on my stock tranny with slick tires. Thanks again
Matt Clark

joecar
May 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Matt, cool... :cheers: