PDA

View Full Version : Speedo fix ATTN: Blacky

kodiak
May 26th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Looking for the fix for the speedo. Can't find a link here. Kodiak with 39.82 tall tires, 5.13 gears

Blacky
May 27th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I have not posted the Allison speedo fix update yet.
It should be available in the BB Logging beta form by the end of the week.
Regards
Paul

kodiak
May 27th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks man.

kodiak
June 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Bump....is it up yet??? Can't seem to find the fix.

Blacky
June 8th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Bump....is it up yet??? Can't seem to find the fix.

Not yet. Ran into a problem with the installer. I may just release this update as a zip file with manual install while I work on getting the installer sorted out.

Regards
Paul

kodiak
June 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
That would be great! I am not confident with my abilities to do a complete update of my current version of EFILIVE. It may be an old version...but it works for what I need it for. I am afraid I would screw it up trying to go to a newer version. LOL

kodiak
September 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Any updates??? I have the V1 if that makes any difference.

Blacky
September 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
The Allison speedo fix is in the latest available V7.5.4 build 66 release.
I am still not sure how to setup/configure your particular speedo setup.

Regards
Paul

kodiak
September 14th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I have build 64. Will it make any difference to get the build 66? And, do you see a "fix" coming for the Kodiak and Topkick speedometers??

messejme
September 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Kodiak I felt the same way about updates but I did it. There added more tables especially for the ally it was worth updating. Plus now I can log with the V2 and an SD card, I dont need to bring the laptop to log. I look at the log on the laptop later.

kodiak
September 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
All I want, is to have my speedo closer than 13 MPH. Is it really that hard of a thing to program? There are what I would consider "junk" tuners out there, that can change MPH parameters....why is it such a big deal for Efi?????

kodiak
October 10th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Speedo update...anyone???????/

kodiak
November 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Another month....another bump

Blacky
November 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Right now I am out of ideas for any additional changes to the speedo settings for Duramax trucks. I do not understand why you cannot change your speedo settings using the existing parameters that are available.

Unfortunately, GM have used many different speedo calibration schemes and there is no easy way to tell which scheme is use din which vehicle. It may be a setting you need to change in the ECM, maybe in the TCM.

Ignore the speed calculator, it may not work in your application. Try methodically changing one parameter at a time and noting any difference. Then, when you find a paramater that causes an affect on your speedo setting, you need to figure out which way to adjust it and by how much to acheive your desired reuslt. A few small trial and error steps should be enough to know which way to adjust it.

Other than that I don't have any other answers right now. If we uncover any more information about how the speedo works then we implement it in the speedo calculator.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version V7.5.5. And after installing V7.5.5 perform the "Check for updates" option to bring the installed software up to date.

Regards
Paul

kodiak
November 11th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Thanks Paul....I guess there is just something weird about these Kodiak and Topkicks.

I have tried using smaller adjustments...including different wheel sizes instead of 22.5 as a multiplier. Using different gear ratios makes no difference either. About the only thing I have not tried, is messing with the TCM.

I guess I can pull out the cluster and just repaint the correct numbers on it. :grin:LOL

Blacky
November 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
There's every chance that changing the speed in the TCM will help.
Regards
Paul