PDA

View Full Version : T43 DTC P0602 - Control Module not Programmed

gmh308
May 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I am working on a truck A6 which has the 24239353 file from the factory. It is going into an LSX conversion so has not been run in a vehicle yet.

The T43 seems to operate fine, read and writes ok, but keeps raising P0602 every time the ignition is cycled.

Reason for DTC...."The PCM does not contain the correct program required in order to operate the vehicle."

Has anyone had experience with this code on this or other controllers and knows whether it is harmless or the T43 is really got some brain damage?

I know what the GM flow chart says...which is that it has not been programmed, but it does have a valid OS and full set of calibrations so there is something in there.....:shock:

Thankyou.

gmh308
May 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Anyone? Difficult to see this as never having come up before?

Thanks.:shock:

MN C5
May 31st, 2008, 11:12 AM
TTT for ya wish I could help. :doh2:

joecar
May 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM
I already pm'd Ross, we'll see if he can figure this out.

gmh308
May 31st, 2008, 05:06 PM
Thankyou MN C5 and JoeCar. Most appreciated. :)

It's not a problem with EFILive, but the truth must be out there somewhere on the TCM behavior with this one.

oztracktuning
May 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM
You need a full flash to change the full T43 operating system rather than just the calibration i think.

GMPX
June 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
So the Trans has never been in a 'real' vehicle?
What file are you trying to flash?, the one read from the TCM?
There is no need to change the OS, it just needs some valid calibrations put in it.
The OS you have is the best choice anyway because it was shared over nearly all GM platforms.

Cheers,
Ross

gmh308
June 2nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
So the Trans has never been in a 'real' vehicle?
What file are you trying to flash?, the one read from the TCM?
There is no need to change the OS, it just needs some valid calibrations put in it.
The OS you have is the best choice anyway because it was shared over nearly all GM platforms.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross, correct, never been in a real vehicle. Have not attempted to flash anything other than the VIN (successful) to see if the P0602 DTC went away. Change to a "relevant" VIN (from zeroes) made no difference to P0602 :shock:. But then again maybe it was not meant to :grin: in the ECM scheme of things. :secret:

Cheers.