PDA

View Full Version : EFILive announces cross-grades

Blacky
August 14th, 2005, 04:26 PM
EFILive’s upgrade policy has been expanded to include cross-grades from competing products. From August 15, 2005 until September 30, 2005, EFILive will offer competitive cross-grades.

Read more here:
http://www.efilive.com/upgrade_policy.html#crossgrade

leres
August 14th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Totally sweet!

I'm pretty sure LS1_Edit did not come with a printed license or software media. All they shipped was the interface cable; they emailed the software. I could burn a cdrom containing these email messages, is that what you want?

Blacky
August 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Totally sweet!

I'm pretty sure LS1_Edit did not come with a printed license or software media. All they shipped was the interface cable; they emailed the software. I could burn a cdrom containing these email messages, is that what you want?

The request for media/software and licenses is only to verify that the cables are in working order. If no physical media or license was supplied with the original product then we won't expect any to be included in the cross-grade.
I was not aware that LS1Edit did not supply physical media/software. I will update the terms and conditions.

Regards
Paul

jfpilla
August 15th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I read wrong. Thanks

Blacky
August 15th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Paul,
While you're updating you might add your ship-to address.
Joe

I recommend anyone in the USA ships to one of our resellers - it would be faster and cheaper.
Anyone in NZ/Aust should ship to EFILive.
Elsewhere (S.Africa, UK, Saudi etc) can ship to either USA or EFILive/NZ.

Shipping addresses are here (as linked in the document):
http://www.efilive.com/resellers.html

Regards
Paul

leres
August 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM
My LS1_Edit interface is now in the hands of FedEx ground on its way to B&B!

BigTex
August 16th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for offering this. I haven't touched my Edit cable in months. Two additional PCM licenses and it clears out some extra space in my garage. :)

MCG
August 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Any offers for those of us who dropped all the $$$ on the shop version of LS1Edit (97-2002)? I'm so glad we invested almost $6K for software that really isn't supported anymore :evil: ! Right now, we are still using LS1Edit for the mundane cars and purchasing the $99 licenses for the more interesting applications, but it still does hurt a bit :)

BowlingSS
August 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Totally sweet!

The request for media/software and licenses is only to verify that the cables are in working order. If no physical media or license was supplied with the original product then we won't expect any to be included in the cross-grade.
I was not aware that LS1Edit did not supply physical media/software. I will update the terms and conditions.

Regards
Paul

Just sent my LS1Edit cable and software for a comercial upgrade. My Edit did come with a CD.

Bill

leres
August 16th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Just sent my LS1Edit cable and software for a comercial upgrade. My Edit did come with a CD.

Bill
I got mine in May of 2002, well before they decided that free software updates would be time limited. And I had to argue to get the 1.21 update; since I placed my order a week before the May 1st cutoff date they said I didn't qualify but when I pointed out that they didn't ship my cable until late May, they reluctantly gave me the update...

Things are much nicer over here in the EFILive universe!

GMPX
August 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Any offers for those of us who dropped all the $$$ on the shop version of LS1Edit (97-2002)? I'm so glad we invested almost $6K for software that really isn't supported anymore :evil: ! Right now, we are still using LS1Edit for the mundane cars and purchasing the $99 licenses for the more interesting applications, but it still does hurt a bit :)

Good point, but you would probably be better off selling your workshop version of LS1Edit and get some money back that way.
Your situation is not uncommon, there is a few workshops doing the same thing.

Sorry, but we have no plans on offering a special workshop version trade-in.

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
August 25th, 2005, 04:04 AM
How long does it take to get this upgrade? I send my LS1Edit cables to Thunder Racing 2 day mail over a week ago. Do I need to contact Thunder Racing?

Thanks,
Bill
:D

leres
August 25th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I sent mine to B&B. It was delivered on Friday and I received the new license key by email on Tuesday.

Patches
September 11th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I've got a couple of buddies who'd like to know what a direct one-to-one crossgrade would cost if they were to send in their HPT kits for EFI/Flashscan Personal. The crossgrade layout doesn't seem to list out a straight crossover from HPT.

Thanks.

Blacky
September 11th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I've got a couple of buddies who'd like to know what a direct one-to-one crossgrade would cost if they were to send in their HPT kits for EFI/Flashscan Personal. The crossgrade layout doesn't seem to list out a straight crossover from HPT.

Thanks.

EFILive is offering a free upgrade from Personal to Commercial (worth $150) or 2 extra PCM licenses (worth $198) when you send in your HPTuners or LS1Edit cable.

That means if you purchase the personal version for $699 then you can upgrade free to the Commercial version (worth $150 more than the Personal version), or you can receive 2 extra PCM licenses (a total of 4 including the 2 that ship with EFILive) for trading in your HPTuners cable.

There is no cross-grade option for a discount on the retail price of FlashScan Personal.

Regards
Paul

Patches
September 12th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Paul.

ToplessTexan
September 12th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Maybe Thunder has enough to deal with right now and shipping to one of the other US resellers is a good idea?

Different topic, any chance of extending the cross-grade for those of us stuck w/ '98s? I'm relying on LS1-Edit for now (although I've been a patient FlashScan owner for coming up on a year now.)