PDA

View Full Version : Have I damaged my V2?

Gelf VXR
May 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I got hold of what i thought was a null modem serial connector and tried to connect to my LC1's to find out the adapter was wired straight throu.

I have now connected one of my LC1 phone cables to my V2 cable as described in another thread.

When connected the V2 states controller not found, but the light second from the left flashes on and off (orange).

Have i previously damaged my LC1/V2 when I connected them incorrectly?

EXT1 and EXT2 are working normally

Blacky
May 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM
No, if pins 2 and 3 are connected incorrectly it is extremely unlikely to damage your LC-1 or FlashScan.

The fact that the left orange LED is flashing indicates that FlashScan is reading data from the LC-1.

While "Controller not Found" is being displayed, press the Backspace key to cycle through the different controller types until you get to Innovate.

Use the Ok key to toggle between (1) and (2). (1) means the first Innovate device and (2) means the second Innovate device (if you have two LC-1's connected simultaneously). If you only have one LC-1, make sure you have selected (1).

The next update includes the serial input/output in the trace feature. If you still can't get it to work, wait for the next update (later this week) and try again and then save the trace file and send it to me at paul@efilive.com.
To save a trace file: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.

Regards
Paul