PDA

View Full Version : 5.3L Comp Cam XR275HR

Ritch
May 27th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Noob trying to tune for this cam with factory in/ex manifolds. It idles, sort of. RPM is hunting alot. Throttle will stall the motor. I messed with the idle RPM/spark/cracker/follower. (copied an example off another thread) VE looks funny but it worked OK with stock cam.

None of the Idle Airflow Correction PIDS are available is this a 1999 OS thing?

LC-1 power is switched with ignition. Does this mean everytime I restart the engine it tries to free air calibrate?

Cam Specs XR275HR

dur@.050 222/224
lift .566/.568
lobe seperation 112

joecar
May 27th, 2008, 05:48 AM
No... it does a free air calibration only when either of these happens:
- you momentarily short the black wire to ground (it has to be released from ground),
- you command a free air cal via the serial interafce.

In both instances, the LC-1 has to be powered up.

BlackGMC
May 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
I am assuming that the tune you posted was altered to do an AutoVE session? There is a couple of things you need to change that are not really covered in the tutorial... B4206 needs to be disabled... B3618 and B3605 can not have the value contained in B3601... I took the liberty of changing a few things...

BlackGMC
May 27th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Also you might look into upgrade or migrating to a 2002 OS, I believe the 99 truck OS's were known to have some issues, not to mention the smaller injectors...

Ritch
May 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM
thanks guys

my VE table was too far off thats why is would die. I copied a VE with something close to this cam and now it runs under thottle.

EDIT: I accidently entered the non-autoVE tune. So, it runs in CL with MAF operating. When in AutoVE engine barely idles and dies with throttle.

Injectors are on the to do list.
OS change is software only? I'll have to look that up. Noticed quite a few parameters no available in my OS

Ritch
May 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Just read SSpdDmon idle tuit and have somethings to try tommorrow

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661

good examples and reasons

Ritch
June 2nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
think I'm winning, haven't tuned timing against HP yet
running now with MAF to see what it can learn as far as trims go

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about EFILive and the crew here.
Well Done!