PDA

View Full Version : Transient Fueling and CFCO Settings

swingtan
May 29th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Hi Guys,

While playing around with the new "Transient Fueling" parameters I think we may need some additional settings for Clutch Fuel Cut Off to go with them. the auto boys probably won't care too much, but for for us manual guys, we get a fuel cutout each time the clutch is pressed. This of course creates lean spikes that can cause problems when jumping back on the loud pedal. I've had a play with B2005 to see what effect it has and found it does seem to reduce the spike a bit. But I wonder if it would be better if we could time the beginning of CFCO like we can for DFCO. Having a setting like B2401 for CFCO would allow us to prevent any CFCO for say 0.5 seconds, stopping the lean spikes when at the track but shutting down fuel on lazy shifts on the road.

An additional finding is that I think all wall wetting settings are tied to the MAF. I tried some tests with turning off B2020 while I was running full SD and there was virtually no difference to the measured AFR's during throttle movement when compared to when B2020 was turned on. Re-enabling the MAF has shown a reduction in lean spikes when the throttle has large movements. Do we need a patch to enable wall wetting when in SD mode?

Simon.

hquick
May 29th, 2008, 10:26 AM
WHAT TRANSIENT FUELLING TABLES???? :nixweiss: :eek:

swingtan
May 29th, 2008, 11:00 AM
You need an E38 Howard.... ;)

hymey
May 30th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I back swingtan's comments. I think a CFCO table would be very handy in the fuel section. I have been speaking to Simon on this one and is there any possibility of including it in the next update:angel_innocent:

The stomp B2005 table works a bit but not enough to overcome lean spikes when running mafless. When racing at the track I consistantly lost et from lean induced knock retard on gear change.

Going back to the MAF tune fixed the problem, no lean spikes and no need to fiddle with B2005.

CFCO still works with the MAF installed, which directly points to dynamics fueling being the culprit.

If we could disable CFCO it would allow us to run mafless with no lean spots on gear shifts which works as a patch in a kind of way until dynamics has been solved.

Cheers

Joel

GMPX
June 1st, 2008, 09:56 AM
I never said the tables were a true AE table!
CFCO shutoff parameter will be in the next update.

Cheers,
Ross

hymey
June 1st, 2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for that Ross, that will help a lot.

cheers

swingtan
June 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Excellent Ross. Good work again!

ringram
June 4th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Excellent Sir. It makes shifting horrible. I have to shift with throttle part way down to make shifts smooth in mafless.
Pint coming your way at SEMA :)

GMPX
June 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Are you coming to SEMA this year?
Just a bowl of wings will suit me fine :)

Cheers,
Ross

ringram
June 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Yes, SEMA all sorted.
I need to check out the 09 camaro in more detail :)

ScarabEpic22
June 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
ringram, better have a V2 ready with a laptop to get the cal off it lol.

ringram
June 11th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hopefully Paul or Ross will have an alpha or maybe by then beta of v2 flash reading without laptop :)

ScarabEpic22
June 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hopefully Paul or Ross will have an alpha or maybe by then beta of v2 flash reading without laptop :)

We can hope, thats what Im waiting for. Ive been doing a bunch of roadside changes to see if I can change some characteristics of my tune and having to drag the laptop out all the time is annoying. When I can just select the tune file I want and hit flash Ill be a very happy camper.:rockon: