PDA

View Full Version : DTC issue?

Cougar281
May 30th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Below is the list of my current DTCs. The C0035 and C0040 have been present since I installed new front hub assemblies. The odd thing is according to EFI, they're supposed to be throwing a MIL, but the MIL is off. Any ideas what's up?

[DTCS]
C0035=ABS,M-PH---S
C0040=ABS,M-PH---S
B1000=ACM,---H---S
C0055=ABS,M-P----S
B1009=ACM,---H-N-S
U1000=ACM,---H--CS

rcr1978
June 2nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm having the same thing on mine (LB7) not sure on all the codes being the same but it's definatly got ABS codes. I also just replaced a hub assembly.

Blacky
June 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Below is the list of my current DTCs. The C0035 and C0040 have been present since I installed new front hub assemblies. The odd thing is according to EFI, they're supposed to be throwing a MIL, but the MIL is off. Any ideas what's up?

[DTCS]
C0035=ABS,M-PH---S
C0040=ABS,M-PH---S
B1000=ACM,---H---S
C0055=ABS,M-P----S
B1009=ACM,---H-N-S
U1000=ACM,---H--CS

I'm not sure how the ABS module handles the DTC status values, but my guess at what you are seeing is the "M" designator indicates that the MIL should be illuminated but only when the DTC is current "C". The only code you have that is current "C" is U1000 and that is not configured to illuminate the MIL.

I would read the status: M-PH---S as:
M = MIL will be illuminated when DTC is Current.
P = Pending which means some but not all tests have failed. i.e. Not enough test results have been collected to consider this as a current DTC.
H = History data has been saved for this DTC.
S = DTC is supported by the controller.

I guess it would be a good idea in FlashScan to have two DTC options: Current and Pending. That way you can easily see the difference between Pending and Current DTCs.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
June 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure why they're not current. Every time I clear them, they come back as soon as I start moving (The EBCM rus the test when you're moving over something like 8 Mph).

On the subject of features, why do you now need to select a PID set in order to use the "Record all Diags" Feature?