PDA

View Full Version : Noob to the site

GoFastPadre
June 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and to EFILive. I am seriously looking into purchasing the system for my 00 Sierra 5.3. I have done a couple of performance mods, custom exhaust LT's HFC's Flowmasters and True Dulas alond with a K&N CAI. I am now in need of a custom tune and since I found the EFILIve site I am thiking...... why not take the plunge and get the tuner everyone who does this has and do it myself? I also am thinking I can learn to do this and open my own sideline biz because every little bit helps these days. I will do alot of searches for now, but I am sure I will have a ton of questions. Sorry for the extra long post.:grin:

Aloicious
June 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and to EFILive. I am seriously looking into purchasing the system for my 00 Sierra 5.3. I have done a couple of performance mods, custom exhaust LT's HFC's Flowmasters and True Dulas alond with a K&N CAI. I am now in need of a custom tune and since I found the EFILIve site I am thiking...... why not take the plunge and get the tuner everyone who does this has and do it myself? I also am thinking I can learn to do this and open my own sideline biz because every little bit helps these days. I will do alot of searches for now, but I am sure I will have a ton of questions. Sorry for the extra long post.:grin:

Welcome,

go for it, you'll be able to tune your car the way you want to better than any mail order or even local tuner. be aware that there is a very sharp learning curve and alot of stuff to work with. so be prepared to read and ask alot of questions. as far as starting a biz, you sure can, but remember most of the other tuners out there have alot of experience with alot of different setups. I'd say start with your Sierra and go from there.

don't be afraid to ask questions around here, lots of knowlegeable folks who are willing to help.

joecar
June 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
GFP,

Yes, there is a learning curve but most people do just fine...:cheers:

You realize that this will use up all your spare time and make your Mrs jealous of your truck...:cheers:

Cheers
Joe
:cheers: