PDA

View Full Version : getting an error trying to read bbl on scan tool

Aint Skeered
June 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
I did my first BBl and when I try to go back and review it on scantool, i get an error saying that it can only be viewed on 7.5 and newer.

I went to the help and about and it shows that I am on 7.5.3 (build 36)

Can I do the update to 7.5.4 since I went through all the trouble of changeing boot block and firmware for the bbl already?

Or will Ihave to go through the whole process again? I did not see that I had to update to 7.5.4 before doing the bbl update.

I get a little overwhelmed sometimes with all the computer work involved, i like to tune but this sometimes drives me to drinking:cheers:

joecar
June 3rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
Chad,

See post #52: showthread.php?p=72062#post72062 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=72062#post72062)

You have to update your scantool/tunetool desktop shortcuts to point to the scantool/tunetool
in the new fodler C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 instead of C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Joe

:cheers:

Aint Skeered
June 3rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Joe, i did not understand at first but I found the icons again in 7.5 and made shortcuts and deleted the old and Ill be damned , it worked . Thanks man, I am going have to put you on payroll if this keeps up.:rockon:

joecar
June 3rd, 2008, 07:04 AM
You got it working.... cool...:cheers:

Aint Skeered
June 4th, 2008, 07:13 AM
see my other thread for a new problem