PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AEM Uego serial logging....

BlackGMC
June 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I just got my V2 up and going, I am currently on the April 26th update for BBlogging. When I connect my cable to the wideband the second LED from the left lights up, it does not blink, just stays lit.... I choose the AEM Uego from the edit menu, then I select the 99+ LS1 PIDs, then I choose display Wideband and I get error 3072.... Any ideas... Both Com settings are set to Wide 02....

BlackGMC
June 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
I am up to the latest release now, both boot block and firmware and the updated Config files. I am not getting the error 3072, not it just says controler not found, but the led is lit... Any help would be appreciated, I know I am a little late getting on the BB Logging...

mr.prick
June 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
how does the WBO2 connect to your V2?
is it a direct plug in or are you using a null modem?
a regular gender bender does not work.

BlackGMC
June 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well I read the AEM documentation and it said to connect the serial output wire to pin #2 and ground to pin #5... That is want I did, I wish it had a pre-made end like the Innovative products...

BlackGMC
June 4th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Here is the documentation from AEM

http://www.aempower.com/images/products/10-4101.pdf

BlackGMC
June 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Any ideas?

nevinsb
June 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I have not tried logging with my AEM UEGO yet. I was waiting for the next software which can display the raw data.

I should be able to give you a wiring schematic of what I come up with if needed. Hopefully this weekend if I get my motorcycle back together in a reasonable time.

Have you tried hooking the AEM up to the PC using hyperterminal?

Prick, it comes with bare wires, no connector, so as long as TX on the AEM is connected to RX on whatever is reading, it should be OK.

BlackGMC
June 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I have not tried logging with my AEM UEGO yet. I was waiting for the next software which can display the raw data.

I should be able to give you a wiring schematic of what I come up with if needed. Hopefully this weekend if I get my motorcycle back together in a reasonable time.

Have you tried hooking the AEM up to the PC using hyperterminal?

Prick, it comes with bare wires, no connector, so as long as TX on the AEM is connected to RX on whatever is reading, it should be OK.

Unfortunately I can't hook it up to my laptop, cause it does not have a serial connector on my laptop, only USB, also I am running vista so no hyperterminal... I have found plenty of diagrams and examples on the AEM forum on how to wire it up, so that is not a problem. Honestly I think it is the software...

I need to add a correction to the first and second post... If the serial wire is connected to pin #3 then the second LED from the left lights up, if the pins are connected correctly (#2 and #5) then the LED turns off.

Blacky
June 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
The next update is due for release this week. It has the capability of logging the raw serial data to a trace file. Once you have the new firmware in FlashScan, hook up the AEM and allow FlashScan to read the data for about 5 seconds, then save a trace file using menu: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace file. Then use EFILive_Explorer to copy the trace file to your PC and then send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
June 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
The next update is due for release this week. It has the capability of logging the raw serial data to a trace file. Once you have the new firmware in FlashScan, hook up the AEM and allow FlashScan to read the data for about 5 seconds, then save a trace file using menu: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace file. Then use EFILive_Explorer to copy the trace file to your PC and then send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Cool, I will get you the trace file, thanks for the support!

BlackGMC
July 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Regards
Paul

I sent you an email with the trace file

Blacky
July 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I sent you an email with the trace file

I have the file, looking at it now.

The data in the file appears to be valid so at least you know the wideband is sending valid data to FlashScan. I can see data between 14.8 and 14.9 AFR.

Now I just have to figure out why FlashScan not recognizing the data.

Regards
Paul

BlackGMC
July 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have the file, looking at it now.

The data in the file appears to be valid so at least you know the wideband is sending valid data to FlashScan. I can see data between 14.8 and 14.9 AFR.

Now I just have to figure out why FlashScan not recognizing the data.

Regards
Paul

Hmmm, well my gauge was reading ~ 13.8 to 13.9... I wonder if that means my gauge is bad....

Thanks for the assistance Paul...

Blacky
July 4th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ok, found and fixed the problem. The fix will be in the next update.
Regards
Paul

nevinsb
July 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
That's weird, using serial with the AEM was supposed to fix the output difference which was caused by a voltage offset.

Hook it up to your laptop directly, and see what it is providing for output.

BlackGMC
July 5th, 2008, 03:00 AM
That's weird, using serial with the AEM was supposed to fix the output difference which was caused by a voltage offset.

Hook it up to your laptop directly, and see what it is providing for output.

I would but my laptop does not have a serial port... I am thinking of just buying a LC-1 and be done with it...

Ok, found and fixed the problem. The fix will be in the next update.
Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your support!

Treurentner
July 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Hi,

could this issue be solved with the actual V8.1.1.33 and
Is the AEM now correcty displayed?
Kind regards

Marco

Blacky
July 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hi,

could this issue be solved with the actual V8.1.1.33 and
Is the AEM now correcty displayed?
Kind regards

Marco

Yes, it should fix the AEM display problem, but only after you upgrade FlashScan with the new firmware (V2.5.19) that comes with V8.1.1.33 (FSProgV2_05_19.efw)

Regards
Paul