PDA

View Full Version : USB drivers Pop-up

white01ss
June 4th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I recently upgraded from 7.4 to 7.5.3 and I like to look at tunes on other computers that will never connect to a vehicle (i.e. work, non-laptop home PCs). If you don't install the USB drivers you get this very annoying pop-up dialog when starting scan or tune.

"EFILive USB drivers have not been installed."

I've searched for an option to turn this off, but can't find one. Please help.

Tordne
June 4th, 2008, 07:10 AM
The message cannot be disabled. The simplest option is to simply load the drivers on that PC once and problem solved.

white01ss
June 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
It shouldn't display that warning until I try to use something off the Flash menu. Why should it warn me when I haven't even tried to connect to USB yet?

Blacky
June 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM
The warning is there for the hundreds of other customers who have the opposite problem: "can't connect to FlashScan" because the drivers are not installed. It can't be turned off, from within the EFILive software.

If you don't want to install the drivers but want to get rid of the message, I think that if you locate the file Drivers\i386\ftd2xx.dll on the CD and copy it to the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder, then the message will be suppressed.

You could also copy that dll into the \Windows\System32 folder - which is where it would normally be installed if you installed the USB drivers.

Note: I've not tested that procedure but the message is displayed when EFILive can't find that dll so it should work.

Regards
Paul

white01ss
June 5th, 2008, 03:40 AM
I copied the ftd2xx.dll to the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder and the warning went away. Thank you so much! It also had the benefit speeding up the applications initialization time.