PDA

View Full Version : ETC Pedal Response

05_Sierra_6.0
June 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know the limits for tables B2307, B2308 and B2702. There is a warning about not adjusting too much but how much is too much?

05_Sierra_6.0
June 16th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Anybody have a clue about these tables? Anybody?
:help2:

cmitchell17
June 21st, 2008, 05:00 AM
I don't know much at all about ETC but If airflow goes over a certain value over stock the PCM based on real throttle position it will see it and set a code thinking the ETC has failed.

oztracktuning
October 19th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Has anyone played with these settings in Aussie VZ LS1's with any positive effects? problems - how far away are they from standard

Redline Motorsports
October 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
The most you would want to do is grab the values about zero and below 100 and blend the curve with the blending function.

GMPX
October 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Aussie cars are VERY sensitive to changes, like 2 - 3 % tops, whilst some US models you can go crazy, there is no exact science. You will know if you have gone too far as the PCM will go in to limp mode, that can take 10 - 15mins of driving though.

Cheers,
Ross

05_Sierra_6.0
November 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
I increased my ETC response by 3% with no issues. It responds much better. Thanks for the input Ross.

Lextech
November 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I don't have any Electronic Throttle vehicles but, which tables did you change by 3%. I would like to know for future reference.

Jeff

05_Sierra_6.0
November 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
I don't have any Electronic Throttle vehicles but, which tables did you change by 3%. I would like to know for future reference.

Jeff

I adjusted the values in table B2307. This table is only available when the V2 is plugged in to a computer and a file is loaded from a vehicle that uses ETC. I adjusted all of the table values from 3.13 pedal position to 93.75 pedal position up 3%.

Lextech
November 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info :rockon:

Jeff

PRAY
November 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Did you copy the Primary table to the Alternate table before you adjusted the 3%? I noticed on mine the alternate table was much lower than the Primary. The Alternate is the table that is running when you have traction control off or are running in Comp mode. It seems to me that this is when you want all of your throttle response. It is also weird to me that the table isn't just one to one. So the percent of throttle is the actual percent the throttle opens. I only get this because from 93% or so the table goes 100 so at that point the table values become real values.

05_Sierra_6.0
November 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Did you copy the Primary table to the Alternate table before you adjusted the 3%? I noticed on mine the alternate table was much lower than the Primary. The Alternate is the table that is running when you have traction control off or are running in Comp mode. It seems to me that this is when you want all of your throttle response. It is also weird to me that the table isn't just one to one. So the percent of throttle is the actual percent the throttle opens. I only get this because from 93% or so the table goes 100 so at that point the table values become real values.

I did not copy the alternate table to the primary before I adjusted. I think it may provide even better response than I have now. My alternate table is used when I am in tow/haul mode. It appears to be more linear than the primary. I was leary about changing the table too much as it could cause the PCM to go into limp mode and I have a daily driver. I may try it some time when I can take the chance.

PRAY
November 8th, 2008, 01:27 AM
My alternate is for competitive and TC off and it was lower than the primary so I originally added 3% and copied and pasted. But I was reading what Redline said about just going from 100 to 0 and smoothing. I did that but the numbers were a little higher than the percent. So I started subtracting 1% at a time untill the numbers almost matched perfectly. I put the tune in the car and warmed it up with no issues. Let me just say the throttle response is nasty. Just touch the gas and it is instant revs. It feels just like a cable car if not faster. Now I just need to drive it and see if I get any codes. If this holds it is going to be a whole new car. I will let you know. This car is my DD also so I know how nerve racking it is to make adjustments that could possibly hurt you.

Redline Motorsports
November 8th, 2008, 01:54 AM
My alternate is for competitive and TC off and it was lower than the primary so I originally added 3% and copied and pasted. But I was reading what Redline said about just going from 100 to 0 and smoothing. I did that but the numbers were a little higher than the percent. So I started subtracting 1% at a time untill the numbers almost matched perfectly. I put the tune in the car and warmed it up with no issues. Let me just say the throttle response is nasty. Just touch the gas and it is instant revs. It feels just like a cable car if not faster. Now I just need to drive it and see if I get any codes. If this holds it is going to be a whole new car. I will let you know. This car is my DD also so I know how nerve racking it is to make adjustments that could possibly hurt you.

Just make sure that you do NOT change the first and last column of the table. Any blending only happens between the 0 and 100. Too much blending will drive you nuts as its too sensitive. This is exactly why this table was designed to dampen the direct pedal feel. Its all personal preference. 3% is not enough. If you look at the table in the 3D format, it should look like a ski slope that is getting more 45 degree looking. The upper and lower ends are not as adjusted as the middle of the slope.

Don't hit anybody when you leave a red light!

Howard

PRAY
November 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Just make sure that you do NOT change the first and last column of the table. Any blending only happens between the 0 and 100. Too much blending will drive you nuts as its too sensitive. This is exactly why this table was designed to dampen the direct pedal feel. Its all personal preference. 3% is not enough. If you look at the table in the 3D format, it should look like a ski slope that is getting more 45 degree looking. The upper and lower ends are not as adjusted as the middle of the slope.

Don't hit anybody when you leave a red light!

Howard

I now call this part of my tune "Violence" because the car is nasty violent with the table scaled to match the actual percent. I offered it to three of my cutomers today and they all wanted it, now they all have big fat grinns from ear to ear. Plus I picked up about 20rwhp/tq for each of them with a tune on the dyno. I wish I would have played with/known about this two years ago. I would have been alot happier with the car alot sooner. You do have to let traffic get out in front of you before you go but I love it. Now lets just keep this between us so no one else around here starts doing it.

Brett

Redline Motorsports
November 8th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I now call this part of my tune "Violence" because the car is nasty violent with the table scaled to match the actual percent. I offered it to three of my cutomers today and they all wanted it, now they all have big fat grinns from ear to ear. Plus I picked up about 20rwhp/tq for each of them with a tune on the dyno. I wish I would have played with/known about this two years ago. I would have been alot happier with the car alot sooner. You do have to let traffic get out in front of you before you go but I love it. Now lets just keep this between us so no one else around here starts doing it.

Brett

You are aware that you are posting in a public forum that can be read anywhere on the planet.....................this means everyone will know. :doh2:

Howard

PRAY
November 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
You are aware that you are posting in a public forum that can be read anywhere on the planet.....................this means everyone will know. :doh2:

Howard

Oh no, what have I done :secret:. I would never make a good spy. I honestly can't believe no one modifies this table. It is like having a whole new car. No pavement can stand up to quarter throttle now. Buwahahaha

Kurtomac
November 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM
i did this as pray said....matched %APP to %TP....too violent....and when actualality TP was higher than APP in my log...so i backed it off some and turned my key forward and connected, turned to the data page and tried to get APPvsTP close anywhere above idle % of throttle opening....when i matched APP to TP I looked like a jackass taking away from a light

PRAY
November 10th, 2008, 04:53 AM
i did this as pray said....matched %APP to %TP....too violent....and when actualality TP was higher than APP in my log...so i backed it off some and turned my key forward and connected, turned to the data page and tried to get APPvsTP close anywhere above idle % of throttle opening....when i matched APP to TP I looked like a jackass taking away from a light

I told you it was my Violence tune. It just takes a minute getting used too. Throttle response is not for the faint of heart for sure. You will get used to it if you stay with it.

Kurtomac
November 10th, 2008, 05:05 AM
yea...but like i said when i matched them...TP was higher than APP....I think i like the idea of APP=TP....more of a happy medium and if i go half pedal...i get half throttle
hows your car brett?

PRAY
November 10th, 2008, 05:54 AM
yea...but like i said when i matched them...TP was higher than APP....I think i like the idea of APP=TP....more of a happy medium and if i go half pedal...i get half throttle
hows your car brett?

Let me know what you come up with numbers wise when you get APP=TP. I will plug that in and see how the car reacts.

The ticking ended up being an exhaust leak. The stupid EGR extension on the header cracked about 50% around. I took it to get welded today but they can't do it on the car. So I have to take that PITA header off the driver side. I am releived it is some thing simple. I had all these horrible senarios running in my head last night.

Kurtomac
November 10th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I'll let you know what i come up with....Im going to Tennessee tomorrow with the car then heading to MI with my dad for a week to do some deer hunting....so give me a week....like i said though I didnt have to have the car on...just connect to the car...monitor and flip to the data tab and watch the values as you press the go pedal....also I logged this and put both APP and TP in the same chart to watch how closely the lines followed eachother

Highlander
May 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM

All you have to do is ... select the whole table and linear fill... I always hated this about the ETC tuning.... :)

samh_08
June 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
All you have to do is ... select the whole table and linear fill... I always hated this about the ETC tuning.... :)
Have you done this with success and no problems? Any comments on how it makes the car feel? Im very curious :)

Highlander
June 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Well.. there are no ill effects... just the car is undriveable... I mean.. totally awful to launch at normal speeds... I was just saying, that... if that was what you wanted...well.... There you go...

samh_08
June 8th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Haha ok..Then what would you suggest for modifying this table? Have anything that seems to give good results? :secret:

mvvette97
July 29th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I want to try this on my vette also.:gossip:

mvvette97
July 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
did you guys add 3% in the first box at 0 or did ya start at the .01 and work your way to 100%

TurboCamaro
July 2nd, 2017, 05:17 PM
Is there anything else that needs adjusting prior to adjusting these tables. I had a 2012 Silverado with a 6.2 in that had a real lazy throttle and blending the tables as Howard said instantly put it into limp mode. All that it would take was a 2.5% increase and it was still lazy. Thoughts?

Supercharged111
July 5th, 2017, 06:29 AM
2012 was Gen IV, I've never had access to the throttle tables in EFILive with the GenIV stuff. You know something I don't? :secret:

TurboCamaro
July 5th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Connected just like it was an E38 or E67 with access to the throttle tables. I was using it for a test bed as I have a ZR1 vette that the customer is really struggling with a lazy throttle that I would like to solve.

Supercharged111
July 6th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Mine won't display ETC stuff for any GenIV engine I plug into. I wonder if it was in a software update.

GMPX
July 6th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I'm a bit lost on what ECM's you are dealing with, are you guys talking E38 & E67 ?

Supercharged111
July 8th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Don't recall, but it was a 6.0 L76 in a Pontiac G8 and a 5.3 LH6 in a 2007 Envoy Denali. 2012 5.3 Silverado should have been the same 5.3 LH6.