PDA

View Full Version : WOT car stays in CL

minytrker
June 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I am tuning a 98 camaro and it wouldnt respond to shift point changes at WOT. Also the WOT fuel didnt look right, so I put it back into CL. I found out at 100% WOT the car stays in CL which explains why the WOT shift tables werent working. I have never had a car stay in CL, what could it be? At idle the TPS reads 0 and it reads 100% at WOT. The car has a ported TB bought off the net, headers, cam, and 3600 stall. I tried a TPS reset and now I got a MIL light on for TPS voltage low. Why would I get this if I never messed with the TB screw?

minytrker
June 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I reset the TPS again and the code is gone but it still wil not go into PE mode, or com out of CL at WOT.

joecar
June 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Lorenz, does TP show 100% when throttle blade is fully open...?

minytrker
June 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Lorenz, does TP show 100% when throttle blade is fully open...?

Yes,

It shows 0% at idle and 100% at WOT.

joecar
June 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hmmm... I've seen this before and I don't remember it being solved.

ChipsByAl
June 11th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Lorenz, did you start with a file from your database or use the customers? Maybe something is wrong that EFI_Live does not show in the tune tool.
Al

minytrker
June 12th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I started from the orginal file out of the car. I was the first person to tune it. I also compared it to another known stock file just to make sure. Damn 98's :wallbash:

jfpilla
June 12th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Could the temperature guage be bad, keeping it in CL?

redhardsupra
June 12th, 2008, 06:24 AM
if the temp sensor was bad it would keep it at -40 and would prevent it from entering CL, not leaving it

jfpilla
June 12th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I was thinking that the sensor might be sending a signal simulating a temperature above closed loop enable. Not possible?
I didn't think this was likely, but some strange issues have strange solutions.
I wonder if the car starts up in open loop at all?

joecar
June 12th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Lorenz,

Can you take some logs during warmup showing FUELSYS, ECT, LTFT's, STFT's (among other things like MAP, MAF, TP, RPM, AFR).

minytrker
June 12th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Lorenz,

Can you take some logs during warmup showing FUELSYS, ECT, LTFT's, STFT's (among other things like MAP, MAF, TP, RPM, AFR).

Yeah,

When I get the car back again I will log all that. Tried a new TPS sensor with no luck. Everything works like it should except it doesnt come out of CL when WOT. It starts in OL and goes to CL when warm. It also have problems starting, I didnt have time to re-do the startup stuff since changing the TPS. It does run better with the new TPS.

chrleb2
August 19th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm having a similar problem. You can force it into OL and leave it. When you take out the force, it goes into closed loop and then stays there at WOT. I've racked my brain on this all night. I've even compared this tune against other tunes for the same car (2000 Camaro).

chrleb2
August 19th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Never mind...checked the car again after being told it had 100% tps. It didn't. New TPS, goes into PE now.