PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded 7.5.3 but............

Sparky8370
June 6th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ok so I had the old version on my laptop from when I was checking this out last year. I uninstalled it and came here and downloaded the new version because I will be getting efi live soon (thanks to my wife, early father's day gift- although I haven't actually ordered yet)
Now when I open it not only do I get the demo notice, but before that I get a notice about no usb drivers and that I won't be able to connect. Will something come with efi when I get it or do I have to fix something first?

mr.prick
June 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
the latest version you down loaded
has all the drivers, firmware ect.
FYI
i saw a few V2s on ls1tech today for around $500.

joecar
June 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
When you connect FlashScan to your PC/laptop, you will be prompted for the USB driver.

Sparky8370
June 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
So are you saying it will be fine and there's nothing else I need to download/repair?

Thanks for the heads up prick, but I think I'll go new. Only because you get two licenses with new, which would only make that a $50 bargain- plus I want to buy from someone experienced in diesel who can offer me some support in this.

joecar
June 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Sparky8370
June 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Well I did need to and find the driver at efilive.com But it worked, thank God because I had no idea what I was doing.