PDA

View Full Version : New to the game!

Gordon0652
June 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Hello,
I am new! I recently downloaded the EFIlive program:help2:. Of course i would like to learn about it, I was wondering if there are any books about the program and what does what. Because i personally find it confusing. Looks like the search button works nicely!

EDIT: i am also Gordon0652 from LS1tech.

TAQuickness
June 7th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the forum Gordon. A good starting place is this forum, and under the scan or tune tool help menus. Each tool has an indepth manual, and you'll also find tutorials to help get you going.

Feel free to post up any questions you may have

odd boy
June 7th, 2008, 06:24 AM
:welcome::welcome:

nothing is better than "ask as many questions as u can", I have been learning for ..... by doing that.

joecar
June 7th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Hi Gordon,

Also there are some tutorials that may be interesting to read thru (the AutoVE one in particular):
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

Cheers,
Joe

Gordon0652
June 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Thank you all.
What i am going to do in about 2 weeks is purchase the full EFIlive program with the AF ratio package. (adjusting the AF ratios is what i am trying to learn about now)

Background:
Currently i am 18 years old with a 2000 T/A that is tuned by EFIlive This summer i have a shop that is being built and will be done in 12 weeks with a in ground Dynojet 224xLC. This if for my hobby only - so far. I am just trying to learn as much as i can when i am younger so that when the time comes to open a busniess i am ready!

WHYTRYZ06
June 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
good luck

odd boy
June 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
the best age for learning, I wish u the best luck. I like clear targets.

joecar
June 8th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Ahhhh.... I wish I could rewind and keep 20/20 hindsight.... :gossip:

TAQuickness
June 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'm partial to the '00 TA :D

Gordon0652
June 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
So i have really spent the last 2 days reading and learning the program. Still no farther than i was before.

Whats the first thing i should look into. I am using the 2002 Z06 vet as my "project car" in the download of EFIlive to work on.

Gordon0652
June 8th, 2008, 11:38 AM
To give me a better idea.
My car was tuned by EFIlive, its a 2000 TA, A4. The mods that were done were Long tube headers, Y-Pipe (no cats), Cat-back exhaust, rear o2 sensors gone, EGR & AIR gone, an intake, and plugs. The shift points were raised a little and they were made stiffer also.

What would YOU look at for tuning this car? Where would you start and where would you end?

joecar
June 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Do this:
1. calculate your injectors flowrate and compare with the IFR table in your tune.
2. read the AutoVE tutorial; search the forum for VE, MAF, OL/CL, PE/CFOL relationships.
3. install a wideband O2 sensor and get it working right.
4. take some logs (post them here) and analyse the data.
5. after several logs/analysis, do the AutoVE procedure, log/analyse again.
6. if you have a MAF, reenable it and do an AutoMAF (similar to AutoVE).

ScarabEpic22
June 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hang in there bro, Im 18 as well and Im barely getting a hang of this. I started 2 years ago on my oddball 4.2L I6 LL8 with the P10 PCM, its different than anything LSx based. Plus you should have a decent tune you can pull from your car already to give you a starting point, just compare it to a stock file from a similar car.

Biggest advice, keep asking questions and making small changes. Its tedious, but better to take it slow than end up with a car in pieces.

Redline Motorsports
July 7th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Didn't I tune your car a few months ago Kenny??? You came down with your parents?

Good luck with your indeavors but its a lot more then buying a dyno and having the software......glad I was an inspiration! LOL!

Howard

Gordon0652
July 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Didn't I tune your car a few months ago Kenny??? You came down with your parents?

Good luck with your indeavors but its a lot more then buying a dyno and having the software......glad I was an inspiration! LOL!

Howard

Yes you did. And the car runs a 12.97 @ 107, it surprises a lot of people at the track, but i can not seem to hook w/ Drag T/As @ lebanon race valley.
And you are an inspiration.
I just found it so intresting, so i did some research on some brands. I think soon i will be going to Detroit with in the next few weeks to take one of the EFIlive classes. I down loaded the Demo and i am still learing it. I just hope someone can get a class some place in NY.