PDA

View Full Version : setting rev imiter for racing?

ace68
August 16th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Is it possable to set the limiter so when I'm staged I can just floor the throttle and hit the limiter at 4500rpm but whne I release the clutch the engine can rev to 6500rpm?

I know there is a limiter that does this independantly but can it be done buy efilive through the cars pcm?

GMPX
August 16th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Is it possable to set the limiter so when I'm staged I can just floor the throttle and hit the limiter at 4500rpm but whne I release the clutch the engine can rev to 6500rpm?

I know there is a limiter that does this independantly but can it be done buy efilive through the cars pcm?

In our latest release of custom O.S upgrades we have a user selectable rev limiter, you can wire up a switch to enable a lower rev limiter when the switch is closed. I guess it could be mounted on the steering wheel?.
Problem with doing it off the clutch switch is it will do it everytime the clutch is pressed. I am not sure how sensitive or how much travel the clutch can have before the switch is pressed, but it may switch to the lower rev limit just as you shift 2 - 3.
At least with a seperate switch once it is opened (as you leave the line / dump the clutch) then it cannot come back on as you shift gears.

Cheers,
Ross

ace68
August 17th, 2005, 12:00 AM
hey that's the valet switch hummmmm, that could work out

yea I'll try setting something up with the valet switch.