PDA

View Full Version : message center writing

Deereagtech
June 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Do we have a way to write messages on the dash like it says efi live when you are flashing?

ScarabEpic22
June 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, its in the My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\ and then theres a file in there but I cant remember what the name is. Im not at my own PC right now so I cant check. But you can do it, mine flashes "Epic Performance" when Im flashing.

Deereagtech
June 9th, 2008, 09:22 AM
sweet thats the only time you can write somthing is when your flashing for now ? i would like to know what file that is when you get a chance thanks Chris

ScarabEpic22
June 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Yes, its only when EFILive sends the bootloader to the PCM/ECM/TCM. Im pretty sure it'll work for reading too, Ive just never needed to do a read of my PCM as I have all my tunes saved.

And the file is located:
My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Messages.txt

Its kinda hard to figure out what each one in the file means, but I changed READ.01 & .03 to Epic Performance and the same for FLASH.01 & .03.

Ninety8C5
June 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
In the User Configuration folder, there is a file 'Messages.txt'. That is where you can put what you want. I don't know if there is any limit on the number of characters, so I would not go with much more than what is there.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Messages.txt