PDA

View Full Version : running lean when commanding rich

Ritch
June 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
some strange things I've notice

1. As soon as AFR is commanded to 11.3 in response to WOT actual LC-1 AFR goes lean.

2. uneven o2 voltages

3. KR and LTFT result of lean condition

Questions: Could my water injection change AFR readings?
Is this what a dirty fuel filter looks like?
How is TRQENG calculated?

Naf
June 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I think you may have an air leak in your system...

How does it run below 3000rpm...Slightly lean?

Ritch
June 10th, 2008, 03:19 AM
its a little rich while cruising

Not sure why LTFT goes to 25% if VE is accurate. AutoVE was done 2 days ago.

inaccurate TRQENG is messing with my transmision pressures

Ritch
June 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM
WTF, I turned off fuel trims. PE is in EQ ratio. Yet AFR hits 19's during PE.

ChipsByAl
June 10th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Put a fuel pressure gagge on it and have an assistant monitor it during WOT. I can't look at your logs here, where is your pulse width duty cycle? Make sure that the water injection is off too.
Al

Ritch
June 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
pressure is steady 52lbs and I changed the original fuel filter :doh2:

Tuned the autoVE file to include PE and things are better. I had hoped the knock would go away, especially with the winter anti freeze spay on. Time to try a different mix I guess. This was with 87 octane though. I suspect the MAF now.

white01ss
June 12th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Your WOT AFR looks much better with that last tune/scan. You're still getting 8 degrees of knock retard. That's way too much. I'd go back to the stock spark table and slowly add it back in the WOT areas. In cool weather like that you shouldn't have any KR at all.

Also, your injector pulse width is very high and it would appear that you are out of injector. I should know because I'm out as well. (see attached log) My peak numbers are IPW 18.9 ms @ 97 % duty cycle. Your max IPW is 19.9 ms. That's not good. Log the INJDC1 pid next time to see what's going on there. This could be contributing to your knock as well.

And another thing... I noticed that your shifting first at 6700. I hope you have some beefy valve train work done to spin it that high!

Dan