PDA

View Full Version : Missing PID GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA

ssvolvo
June 11th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hello guys it's me again just trying to link my scantool to my high {B5101} High Octane spark Table so I can read a log to adjust the timing. Problem being the RPM tracks ok while reading the log but the load is way off at full load all the time. Seems I'm not able to find the PID GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA.
I guess I need to know if I must reconfigure the PID or write one?

Thanks, John

ps. I'm almost in heaven with my newfound second gear churping-tire shredding 5.3 Volvo!

joecar
June 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
John,

Connect to PCM and do Validate PIDs...

then on the PIDs tab, uncheck Supported...

then click on the Caption or Parameter column heading to sort alphabetically by that column, then just scroll down till you see it.

ssvolvo
June 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Will Do and thanks,

John:cucumber:

The Alchemist
July 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I have this problem with an E40 PCM as well. after a validate with supported unchecked I see it there but it has a cross in it. How do you make it so it is supported and therfore link to the Spark map....
or do just edit the cal_lnk.txt file and add say the GM.APCYL_E40_DMA WHICH IS SUPPORTED and throw that in the front of the link file.....
Mike

ssvolvo
July 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Mike,

Whenever I update to a new version seems I have to reconfigure the cal-link file for B5101-B5111.

I just copy and paste this: ,GM.APCYL_E40_DMA to those links and all is well again.

I know Ross loves :hihi: us E40 guys, he just doesn't like us!

If you get it right though you can do this with your ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II7PmaKv_XU

Good luck! John

Chuck CoW
July 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hey Guys......I've been having problems with E40s..........

I mostly tune vettes, but there are 2 huge problems....

1) when using the same KR maps in the scantool for just about every other platform the map reads zeros and when there is KR it shows the correct value.... Problem is, with some 05 E40 corvette os's it works while using other os's it dosen't....... Srtangely, I get #'s like random timing values....??????

2) second problem...When tuning E40's in 05 Vettes....When the A/C is on....there is either a torque system swing in the timing or the throttle is randomly moving about while you drive and on occasion after coming to a stop. the idle jumps up unexpectedly which is quite scary and unsafe.

Anyone have similar problems...I never hear anyone complain about it, but....I also tune tons of 05 Corvettes.....

Any similar experiences???

Chuck CoW