PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 install problems

Blk02Ls1A4
August 17th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I just got my LC-1 and got it all hooked up, but ran into a slight snag... Since my laptop does not have a serial port I had to get one of those serial to ubs adapters to be able to hook the LC-1 to the computer to calibrate it. I have selected the correct com-port and have tried both the "in" and "out" wires, and the LMProgrammer can not find the LC-1. Has anyone run into this before? Is it becasue of the serial-usb adapter? Help me out if you can cause I was hoping to do some logging tomorrow.

Thanks

mistermike
August 17th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I experienced the same problem with the serial port on the docking station in my car. If you're using the latest calculated PID for the LC-1 (v7.2.3 or later), you don't really need to go inside the LC-1 software to change anything. I set up the little switches for calibrating the sensor, so Flashscan will do everything else I need to do without the need for Innovate's software.

TAQuickness
August 18th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I used a usb to serial port with mine and had no issue. I just bought the cheapest one I could find.

Have you verified all your wiring is correct?

Do you or a friend have any kind of PC with a serial port so you can verify the usb/serial adaptor is not the problem?

Blk02Ls1A4
August 18th, 2005, 01:00 AM
I have a desktop computer, but I would rather not go through the trouble of disconnecting it and moving it to the garage. All of my wiring is good to go, the sensor did its free air tests and should be ready for loggng. I am upgrading to v7.3 as I type, so I guess I will be good to go. Thanks for the help fellas!

Blk02Ls1A4
August 18th, 2005, 03:20 AM
I got it all hooked up and it seems to be working fine. My tune sucks ass though, where the pcm is commanding a 13.2 AFR, at OL idle, I am actually seeing a 10.6 AFR through the LC-1. Looks like I have some tuning to do...

joecar
August 18th, 2005, 06:17 AM
... All of my wiring is good to go, the sensor did its free air tests and should be ready for loggng.
What did you find out to be the problem...?
:)

Blk02Ls1A4
August 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I didnt. I was still unable to open connect to the LC-1 with its own software, but at the suggestions of the other posters It seems to function fine without it. I plan to start auto-tuning tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes.

BowlingSS
August 18th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I didnt. I was still unable to open connect to the LC-1 with its own software, but at the suggestions of the other posters It seems to function fine without it. I plan to start auto-tuning tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Good luck on your tuning. My Lc-1 worked great.

Bill
:D

87gmc
August 19th, 2005, 01:04 AM

I had the same problem, everything would work fine with efilive but would never open with the software it came with. I too am using a usb to serial connection. I ended up rebooting with it plugged in and it has work since

Blk02Ls1A4
August 19th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Worked like a charm.... Everything in there looks good to go.
Thanks Bud!

Maybe I am doing something wrong, But When I started tuning the PCM was commanding 14.7 to 13.1 the wbo2 read 10.6 for both. So I adjusted the VE table by the ben factor and set the EQ ratio to command 13.1, and now I am at 7.68?!?! WTF. Decreasing the VE table reduces fuel right?

EDIT: I just set the car back to be able to go into closed loop and where it was commanding 13.61 I would see that for the first 20 secs of my log, then as the pcm started to lean things out and gradually go to a AFR of 14.7 the wbo2 read 10.1. Anyone have any ideas?

BowlingSS
August 19th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Worked like a charm.... Everything in there looks good to go.
Thanks Bud!

Maybe I am doing something wrong, But When I started tuning the PCM was commanding 14.7 to 13.1 the wbo2 read 10.6 for both. So I adjusted the VE table by the ben factor and set the EQ ratio to command 13.1, and now I am at 7.68?!?! WTF. Decreasing the VE table reduces fuel right?

EDIT: I just set the car back to be able to go into closed loop and where it was commanding 13.61 I would see that for the first 20 secs of my log, then as the pcm started to lean things out and gradually go to a AFR of 14.7 the wbo2 read 10.1. Anyone have any ideas?

I would try and re-cal the LC-1.

Bill

TAQuickness
August 19th, 2005, 07:24 AM
YEAH, sounds like something still isn't quite right.

Which output from the LC-1 are you using? By default, output 1 is a NB and output 2 is WB.

Blk02Ls1A4
August 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I thought I had the right pid but i didnt... I was logging External Analog Voltage 1 which I have hooked up to the LC-1's analog out 1. So I was logging the wrong one. Here I was thinking that it was that much off because I have the LC-1 behind the pass side cat. Thanks TAQuickness, why is it that we always overlook the simplest solution? I'll do some more logging tomorrow and let you all know how it goes.

Blk02Ls1A4
August 20th, 2005, 01:43 AM
That did it!

Now it is actually working. THe only thing that I have noticed is when the ben is say .8 and I adjust the ve table by that, the next time I would log the ben would be 1.2. So I increased the decimal place to 6 and that helped a lot. THe car seems happier running at 13.0 at idle as opposed to 17.6 :shock: Thanks for all of your help guys, I really appreciate it! I cant wait to do some more logging!

TAQuickness
August 20th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Thanks TAQuickness, why is it that we always overlook the simplest solution?

No problem.

It's funny you asked that questions because I had the that conversation with a process control engineer yesterday!

Sometimes all you need is a fresh set of eyes.