PDA

View Full Version : I thinnk i broke it

Wesnilly
June 14th, 2008, 04:50 AM
i just got my EFI Live scan and tune yesterday and i was going to update the boot block and i let it sit for like 2 hours and nothing ever happend so i unpluged it and now it wont do anything. what do i do?
can somone please help?

joecar
June 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Wesnilly, welcome to the forum... :)

Which update were you installing the boot block from...?
Do the 2 yellow leds on the V2 alternatelt flash...?

I'll pm tech support.

Cheers,
Joe

Wesnilly
June 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I have the V2 with what ever the update is the up from the on that comes on it. the yellow leds do flash. It is not in dead poll mode tho cause i tryed to check the status of it and it says it isn't and I tryed holding the ctrl button to put it in dead poll mode and it won't do anything. so i tryed to programe the stock boot block and it said no reply from flash scan. Do you have any ideas?

Blacky
June 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM
If you have selected and performed the boot block update process you should now be using the EFILive_Explorer.exe program to flash in the latest firmware.

Please carefully read the Readme.pdf file attached to this post:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8289

You should also install the V7.5.4 and V8.1.1 software also available in that post.

Regards
Paul

Wesnilly
June 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
so i just red the thread that you posted and it sounds like i need to send it back to EFI live to get it fixed, is that correct?

Blacky
June 14th, 2008, 05:43 PM
What makes you think it is broken?

It would help me if you could describe the exact steps you have already gone through and the steps you have taken to verify that it is broken.

Regards
Paul

Wesnilly
June 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
All that i have is flashing leds (yellow) and i tried to us the flashscan firmware programmer and it says it is not in dead poll mode and i cant put it in dead poll mode and it says it cant connect to flashscan v2. so i cant do anything else

Blacky
June 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Have you read the Readme.pdf document in the link that I posted earlier?

After upgrading the boot block to V2.05.xx, you can only use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program (part of the V8.1.1 installation) to program the new firmware. The EFILive Firmware Programmer program can no longer be used after you have upgraded the boot block.

Regards
Paul

Wesnilly
June 15th, 2008, 04:13 AM
thanks for the help guys i figured it out now i am sure that i will have other questions later.
Wes

joecar
June 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
thanks for the help guys i figured it out now i am sure that i will have other questions later.
WesWes,
Glad you got it going...:cheers: ...what was it (for anyone else who encounters this)...?

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

Wesnilly
June 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I think that i had it in a kind of in between state of dead poll and update modes and i hadn't updated the software to the newest version so i updated the software and then i could update the V2.