PDA

View Full Version : Efi Live Log Not Reflecting Actual Performance

NASABlue
June 14th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Just finished my log, but efi live didnt record a host of information. It showed my speed as a constant 36 mph the entire time. It showed my mani KPA as a solid 17.1 the entire time, but the efi dashboard showed the gauge moving down when I pressed down on the pedal.

Whats up guys?

I really need some help here.

Beer99C5
June 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
The yellow button is real time monitoring (no recording) and the red is record, gonna guess you hit the yellow? If you hit the red, then I am gonna guess its filtered to show what your viewing. If this is the case take out the filters

NASABlue
June 14th, 2008, 10:21 PM
how can you tell?

look at this one, please

Beer99C5
June 14th, 2008, 10:52 PM
The Log Works here.

You have too many PIDS selected to the scan speed is slowed down.
35 selected using 42 channels, You want 24 channels or less for best scanning.

Some PIDs take up two channels, so its not always a one PID = one channel

NASABlue
June 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks

do you see that the speed mph and manifold KPA don't change? Is this what is compromised by too many pids?

would that be because I need to coordinate the values between the scan tool and the tune tool?

Can they be all metric or all imperal as long as they match?

Thanks

Beer99C5
June 14th, 2008, 11:43 PM
It does stay steady (but it does change a couple times if you let it play) do another log with 24 channels. Your logging to many things.

NASABlue
June 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM
as I'm messing with it the afr set is the command afr not the lc1 afr

I'm having to find the correct data to show....

I will reduce the pids and relog, can I get a little help with the short list of critical pids to doubel check my selection?

Thanks

joecar
June 15th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Did you:
- enter the correct VIN/OS...?
- enter the correct PCM...?
- validate pids...?

Do reduce your pid count to 24 (or less) channels (4 packets).

Is your log captured using V1 BBL mode...?
If so, then after doing the above steps you have to reprogram the pids into the V1 again.

NASABlue
June 15th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I don't know what is a bbl?

here is my new attempt, it's a large file.

TAQuickness
June 15th, 2008, 01:06 PM
BBL = Black Box Logging

charcold-bowtie
June 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Seems like a log to me. Im a bit unsure about the Lc-1 stuff. I dont THINK u need to have both external volateges 1 and 2 loged but i could be wrong. Also, right now u probly dont have much use for the Lc-1 BENs ive only used those on my Ve table thus far. U need to set up a lc-1 gauge in your dashboard if u havnt already. I didnt have time to even verify it was logging correcty as i have to run........

joecar
June 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Your logs look good now...:cheers:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8325

NASABlue
June 16th, 2008, 02:37 AM
yes I'm very pleased withthe new logs. Definately need to adjust my maf because the AFR is up to 15 in some areas, even saw one at 20 when the knock retard was over 6.

yikes

thanks for the help. I'm practicing making maps.

NASABlue
June 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Ok, the novelty of the log has worn off

:shock::shock::shock:

can my car be tuned yet so I can enjoy driving it w/o pulling up to a stoplight at 2000 or 0 rpms

I can log so.......

I can't idle
It appears to run rich down low
AFR is 20 after I let off the throttle from WOT
I'm getting knock retard (and I feel like one)
it jerks around when off the throttle under 1800rpm

I have posted the logs, anyone got some direction

I can post more logs or do whatever. Really just looking to get my car tuned and enjoy it.

I know I have a lot to learn, but I feel like I've learned a lot and been through even more than I thought I could do or ever had the desire to do. It's all I can do to stay positive.

I hope I can get this nailed down before my Watkins Glen Track Day for my birthday July 9th and 10th. After 4 months and already loosing the $$ and vacation days on a Summit Point track day Sure would suck to be stuck because of this when I could be enjoying flying up through the S's and diving into the boot.

It would also suck way more to burn up a piston.

I'm begging you guys :help2:

charcold-bowtie
June 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
you need to do a rafig most likely to fix the idle, link. Also the AFR goes lean to DFCO which is a good thing, its a gas saver....

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5866&highlight=RAFIG