PDA

View Full Version : Please help

1hotduramax
June 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,
I have a 2001 chevy Duramax. All stock. Had FPRV replaced,six months ago, dealer reflashed computer and in town mileage went from 17 to 12.I have a hunch this had something to do with EMISSIONS UPDATE.

Can EFILIVE remove this crap so I can get mileage back?

What EFI demo should I download for my year truck ,and where can I find it to check it out??

sorry guys i think this should be in the diesel forum but i dont know how to move it.

odd boy
June 17th, 2008, 04:34 PM
through what I understood from the above write up, EFI-live should work with u man. Demo won't work with u, u need to buy one for the online website.

ScarabEpic22
June 18th, 2008, 09:40 AM
through what I understood from the above write up, EFI-live should work with u man. Demo won't work with u, u need to buy one for the online website.

The demo version is exactly the same sftw you and I use man, just doesnt have the license credentials for FlashScan so you cant flash. You can read .tun and .efi files and change .tun ones too. Download the latest release (V7.5.4) from the forum and install it. Then you can look at a LLY .tun file.

I cant say if you will get the mileage back immediately, but if you tune properly you will get more power and mileage.

GMPX
June 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
If all you really want is the older tune put back in then consider contacting one of our resellers -
http://www.efilive.com/reseller.aspx

They will put you in contact with someone that can do that for you for what would be a reasonable price I'm sure. If you want to learn self tuning then you should consider purchasing EFILive.

Cheers,
Ross

1hotduramax
June 18th, 2008, 02:53 PM
GMPX, Is it possible to get the original tune back on the ecm??

1hotduramax
June 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks, everyone for all the tips. I think i will look into getting the original tune put back in if possible.

horsehaulin
June 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
What did the update do to your Emmisions?

Tony

1hotduramax
June 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
The update content is sometimes unknown to even the dealer. I have a good idea that the laws weren't as restrictive in 2001 as they are now so they updated the emissions to todays standards. I have also heard that sometimes manufacturers will have these things hidden in a flash . The dealership may not even knoe what they are for. Whatever it is it is going to be reprogrammed.

horsehaulin
June 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hope someone can help you find a stock tune, if not I can send you mine! 01 EC/LB D/A. PM me if you need my stock tune, just remember to adjust your fuel tank, tire size, and any other info that might be differant than mine. I also have a stock 02 OS converted for our 01's if you would like that too. The 02 OS is easier to tune in my opinion.

Hope I can help.
Tony

1hotduramax
June 22nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
horsehaulin, what has happened to my truck is, it went to the dealer for FPRV replacement last september. fuel mileage dropped from 17 to 12 in town.
i have kept record,hand calculated each tank. just had it back to dealer last week, to check if there was something else wrong with it.they said nothing else was wrong and confirmed that it is possible that the updated flash could have done this. the dealer said they could not go backwards on updates.
I really appreciate your offer for your stock tune.
My truck is a 2001 e/c s/b all stock. i do not have efilive at this time.
what would i need to purchase the v1 or v2 efi ?
i downloaded the demo version software, it looks quite complicated to develop new tunes.
does your stock tune get good mileage?

horsehaulin
June 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I was recording 20 MPG highway, but I have a tonneau cover.

As for your questions about V1 or V2, you could get away with V1 if you dont want to tune anything newer than a LLY style motor in the Duramax lineup. I have V1 and like it, yes I want V2, but I can wait until I get a little more money and better at tuning.

If you get EFI Live and send me your stcok tune I can tune it for a little better mileage and some better top end power. Nothing extreme, I had my truck tuned like that until I destroyed my trans with too much power. Now I run a big tune.

Tony